Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Ooh, that would be lovely indeed.

I have a slightly crazier idea: Why not do three full live shows over a span of three days, with different setlists? First day would be your usual 'greatest hits' setlist. Second day (if there's a new album) would be the entirety of the new album, plus a few bonus cuts on the side. Third day would be devoted to deep cuts, b-sides, maybe even a few solo cuts (not more than two each songwriter) or even covers thrown in there (I'm especially partial to getting one of the ITM songs performed with the Mac).
I guess I probably know the answer to this, but I wonder if FM had anything to do with choosing the tracks on that Starbuck disc. They probably didn't. But if they did it makes me wonder if any of those songs (Honey Hi) are on their radar these days. I mean, Lindsey and Stevie have been dusting off old gems Beautiful Child, Storms, etc. and if they wanted to keep in that tradition and have Christine do an old song she hasn't done before, would it be Honey Hi? It would be a good showcase for Mick, as well as Christine I think.

Michele
Old 09-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ooh I would love to hear that song live.

Wonder if Chris could still hit the high notes in the original key, though? She seems to be straining the top end of her vocal range a little during ITM and she sang Get Like You Used to Be and Don't Stop in a lower key. Would love to hear it, regardless.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

I don't think it's so much her voice, but the tempo that she can play. She's probably lost more dexterity in her hands than vocal range, especially if she no longer smokes. The reason I suspect this is that Don't Stop was played at a much slower pace in Maui last Feb.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Ooh, that would be lovely indeed.

I have a slightly crazier idea: Why not do three full live shows over a span of three days, with different setlists? First day would be your usual 'greatest hits' setlist. Second day (if there's a new album) would be the entirety of the new album, plus a few bonus cuts on the side. Third day would be devoted to deep cuts, b-sides, maybe even a few solo cuts (not more than two each songwriter) or even covers thrown in there (I'm especially partial to getting one of the ITM songs performed with the Mac).

Actually if I had my way, the London shows should be like this, except that the second day would be a nice mix of deep cuts and hits, and maybe some new songs.

And COMPLETE, UNEDITED shows on the DVD regardless. I'm very willing to shell out serious money on this.
It would be absolutely amazing!!!

I hope in one last album and a dvd, but time will get things done.

" Mi dicono alla radio statti calmo statti buono,
non esser scalmanato stai tranquillo e fatti uomo,
ma io con la mia guerra voglio andare sempre avanti,
e costi quel che costi la vincerò non ci son santi. "
Old 09-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb1969 View Post
I don't think it's so much her voice, but the tempo that she can play. She's probably lost more dexterity in her hands than vocal range, especially if she no longer smokes. The reason I suspect this is that Don't Stop was played at a much slower pace in Maui last Feb.
I somewhat chalked the tempo change to being rusty. Okay, I don't think she could play as fast and as precise as she used to be regardless, but once she gets her groove and performed more shows, probably close to it.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I somewhat chalked the tempo change to being rusty. Okay, I don't think she could play as fast and as precise as she used to be regardless, but once she gets her groove and performed more shows, probably close to it.
Someone mentioned on another thread that Chris "rehearsed" with the band in LA when she was over. I'm not sure if it was substantiated.

If she did, do you think they maybe rehearsed the altered version of Don't Stop? I mean to sound more like the Maui version, which she cold cope with?
Old 09-08-2013, 05:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Someone mentioned on another thread that Chris "rehearsed" with the band in LA when she was over. I'm not sure if it was substantiated.

If she did, do you think they maybe rehearsed the altered version of Don't Stop? I mean to sound more like the Maui version, which she cold cope with?
Not a far possibility. Easier for her to play and for the others to sing too.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Mick said that at one of his m&gs, if i remember correctly.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I don't think she was rehearsing for her or for how she would perform anything, but just rehearsing with them to help them get in form for their tour, as an aid.

But the sound checks for these London shows are going to be something else. Even for the night(s) that Christine doesn't appear on stage, I think she would be in the audience and would do sound check, just to get ready for the night(s) she will appear.

Michele
Old 09-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think she was rehearsing for her or for how she would perform anything, but just rehearsing with them to help them get in form for their tour, as an aid.

But the sound checks for these London shows are going to be something else. Even for the night(s) that Christine doesn't appear on stage, I think she would be in the audience and would do sound check, just to get ready for the night(s) she will appear.
I imagine her telling them how atrocious they sound when they mess up.

Pretty sure the sound checks would be kept under wraps.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There might be insiders who attend who talk about them later, but I guess they won't tweet at the time, because that would spoil the surprise.

Michele
Old 09-09-2013, 12:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I imagine her telling them how atrocious they sound when they mess up.

Or if someone looked horrible and needed to go home and change, lol.

Seriously, though, I hope she speaks to this in the upcoming Johnnie Walker interview.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb1969 View Post
Or if someone looked horrible and needed to go home and change, lol.

Seriously, though, I hope she speaks to this in the upcoming Johnnie Walker interview.
This is the best kept secret of FM ever..
Old 09-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
This is the best kept secret of FM ever..
Seriously. After the Maui thing, nothing.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Seriously. After the Maui thing, nothing.
Hard to imagine they've kept it this secret. That's some bad news.. or we'll have a great surprise.