Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Did you ever find your solo tablature?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i did indeed David. but im co caught up with trying to finish learning NGBA that i dont have the time for it right now. Do you know how slow i am at trying to learn songs????
Any thanks again and if anyone wants to see the tab i'll gladly post it this time round.

What we really need though in a website with all lindsey buckinghams tabs 100% correct. All versions , all albums all songs hes ever done. Anyone up for the challenge???
Old 07-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades
What we really need though in a website with all lindsey buckinghams tabs 100% correct. All versions , all albums all songs hes ever done. Anyone up for the challenge???
Great idea. I don't tab, otherwise I'd help. Les of Madness Fades originally planned to post all the published sheet music of LB material on her site (www.madnessfades.net). I own I think all the published LB sheet music because I read staff notation.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
i did indeed David. but im co caught up with trying to finish learning NGBA that i dont have the time for it right now. Do you know how slow i am at trying to learn songs????
Any thanks again and if anyone wants to see the tab i'll gladly post it this time round.

If you could post the tab that would be really awesome. I'm starting to get it down from just listening to it over and over but it would be cool to see the way Lindsey played it.

I was thinking about it the other day and if they go on tour again I can't see why they wouldn't play IDWTK, after they brought out Second Hand News last time around. It's the only song I can think of from Rumours that hasn't been played live by FM as a band. Stevie has said that she loves singing it with Lindsey (believe it was in the Rumours DVD-a interview). Maybe they'll play it in the same style as the Buckingham-Nicks live version. who knows
Old 07-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yup! It'll take some time but would be well worth doing! I've done tabs for a few songs already using Guitar Pro and PowerTab(which is free) and I can export them as image files. They include both standard notation and tablature and (if such a project was to be undertaken) would be IMO the best way to present them since they include timings etc. and make it so much easier to learn than those nasty tab files. Plus there is MIDI playback to give you the general idea of whether you are on the right lines or not. It also allows for bass, keyboards and drums (and most other instruments) to be tabbed so is very useful for doing complete tabs of each instrument, not just guitar. There programs also allow you to export them as text files, so we could have plenty of options on how to display them. Let me know what you think of that idea. Of course I'm not saying my tabs are 100% correct though

Songs I've done or started so far are:
I'm So Afraid (Completed but I might go over it again)
I'm So Afraid - Live (Started this one ages ago then stopped. I think I might start it again because I'm pretty sure this one is riddled with errors)
Don't Stop (Complete, but the piano is mostly from a MIDI so isn't really too correct.)
Book Of Love (This one baffled me... I tried tabbing)
Monday Morning (There is quite a lot going on in this song so I haven't done to much)
Second Hand News (Complete)
Tango In The Nigh (I have something tabbed for the start but I'll be damned if I can say it's right)
Red Rover (Started work recently and it hasn't been too hard to tab so far)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Great idea. I don't tab, otherwise I'd help. Les of Madness Fades originally planned to post all the published sheet music of LB material on her site (www.madnessfades.net). I own I think all the published LB sheet music because I read staff notation.
If this was to go ahead would you perhaps be willing to do the keyboards? The program which I'd recommend (Guitar Pro 5) allows you to work solely in staff notation so it would be easy enough to do them (and they can then be displayed in tab notation). That way we could have a great collection of tabs/sheetmusic for all the songs and all the instruments, not just the guitars and bass.

Here's a sample of what the layout I was talking about can be like. This is a WIP (work in progress) tab, so it's maybe not as tidy as it could be, but it gives a good indication of layout. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...C8B06F3F58D358

[Tabbing has become somewhat of a hobby of mine so sorry if I'm coming across too enthusiastic. It really does help to improve your ear, but I still have a long way to go...]

Last edited by Peestie; 07-04-2006 at 08:15 AM..
Old 07-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Haha, so I've scared everyone off with my over-enthusiasm! No-one else want to try it?
Old 07-09-2006, 07:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie
Haha, so I've scared everyone off with my over-enthusiasm! No-one else want to try it?
haha it looks like it, doesn't it.

I'd be more than happy to help create a place where TABs to all Lindsey's songs are available. I'm "trying" to learn shut us down at the moment but I don't know where to start, lol.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBanks147

I'd be more than happy to help create a place where TABs to all Lindsey's songs are available. I'm "trying" to learn shut us down at the moment but I don't know where to start, lol.
Cool. If we could get a few more people I'm sure we could probably do it. I'm tabbing TITN and Red Rover at theminute and I've just discovered the best program ever for learning songs this morning. It allows you to slow the tempo of songs without changing the pitch and in the last hour since I got it has helped quite a bit.

I've never heard Shut Us Down, so I wouldn't know where to start either . Is it a complex song, or quite simple?
Old 07-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Did Lindsey nag Mick for tabs to play "Oh Well" note for note like Peter Green? No.
Might have been better if he did....

Seteca used to play it in a way similar to LB but I think I've got him to drop that bad habit now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
If you don't start tapping into your OWN creativity now, you most likely never will. Learn the songs, but learn them your own way. (just know when too much is too much...Lindsey's abomination of George Harrison's "Here Comes The Sun" as a prime example)
I quite agree. I never had a lesson, I can't read music (to me its a language and I was never really good at languages)and I rarely ever check tabs. I might look at the chords for a song sometimes but 99% I use my ear. Yeah sure, sometimes you get it a little wrong but most of the time you find alternate ways of playing and most importantly you develop the creativity to be able to jam on any given song without even thinking about it. I don't think a lot of modern players, even pros, can actually do this anymore.

As for Lindsey's solos on the albums. They are mostly very easy to learn, yes, even from ear. He doesn't do anything particularly tricky, its basic but it just fits. Unlike his arpeggios which just piss me off with the complexity and timing issues..
Old 07-11-2006, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBanks147

I've tried to figure out some of his songs, and some are more difficult than others. I've for the most part got Red Rover down, but on songs like Shut Us Down or even Say Goodbye, I have no idea where to begin! You're right Tom!

And David, I ADORE your sig. I looked for the picture on WireImages but it won't give me a large copy. Would you mind posting it for me? Lindsey + George =
Old 08-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

add me to the list of those trying 'shut us down' but have no clue where to start. it doesn't sound like it's hard, just busy.. but i can't get going on it. very frustrating.

has anybody anything from it yet?
Old 08-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When you learn "here comes the sun" the lindsey way you're quite a guitarist. Just know that when everyone who think they can play say that it's over the top, you're way more ahead of an own style then when you try to slicken an original. Rip it apart, deconstruct it and find your own emotion in it. Over the top? If it's you it's you.

Old 08-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
When you learn "here comes the sun" the lindsey way you're quite a guitarist. Just know that when everyone who think they can play say that it's over the top, you're way more ahead of an own style then when you try to slicken an original. Rip it apart, deconstruct it and find your own emotion in it. Over the top? If it's you it's you.
On no, here we go again.....

Hey Gerald, did I tell you about Prince???
Old 08-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
On no, here we go again.....
You cannot catch me once starting this fire. You and that other "I'm playing guitar so I know" keep on going bashing that sheer brilliant performance.

Reread my post and hear what I'm trying to say. I am sure that we donot disagree.

Lindsey is an art-rocker. It is his idiosyncratic take on that song. It's passionate and heartfelt. Stop the I know it better-because I can play attitude. It's irrelevant. His take fits in his development as a performer. I don't see ANY difference in qualtiy with f.i. Shut us down

Last edited by shackin'up; 08-01-2006 at 05:20 PM..
Old 08-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
You cannot catch me once starting this fire. You and that other "I'm playing guitar so I know" keep on going bashing that sheer brilliant performance.

Reread my post and hear what I'm trying to say. I am sure that we donot disagree.

Lindsey is an art-rocker. It is his idiosyncratic take on that song. It's passionate and heartfelt. Stop the I know it better-because I can play attitude. It's irrelevant. His take fits in his development as a performer. I don't see ANY difference in qualtiy with f.i. Shut us down
Okay. I don't think I had a go at Lindsey there but you still attacked me anyway...

"I know better because I can play attitude"??

How tiresome..

I think I've figured it out actually.

People only defend something by coming out with repeated positive statements if they have self doubt about it. Isn't that right?

I don't disagree with the approach Lindsey took or his abilities, I've said that. Its other issues I don't want to discuss yet again. I'm tired of going on about it.. I've moved on.. Which is why I didn't take a bite on your bait the other day. I won't do it here either.. It bores me dude.

"the other guitarist" has a name too btw.

Get over it dude.. Move on...