Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Nope, that one's Peter Green.
Wow, I'm ignorant. How about Sentimental Lady?
Old 04-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Wow, I'm ignorant. How about Sentimental Lady?
That is a Bob Welch song. And one of his best!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What would they drop for Oh Well??
Old 04-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
What would they drop for Oh Well??
I would hope not NTF, but that seems like a good candidate.

Michele
Old 04-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I would hope not NTF, but that seems like a good candidate.

Michele
i hope Not That Funny will not be dropped. Not That Funny and Sad Angel are 2 songs that really give flavor to this tour and differentiate it from their other greatest hits tours.
i know hardcores may say SOTM gives this tour a flavor, but that song is not that significant to most general audiences or mentioned specifically in reviews. and frankly although SOTM is a great song , and i'm glad it's in the set, this tour version is just ok. NTF is superb, tight, fast and different from previous versions.

if it needs to be LB song that's dropped to add a PG song, than i hope it's Eyes, however great that one is too. but it's not that different from SYW tour version. although NTF and Eyes are both mentioned in many reviews, and great drumbeat is also mentioned with both. of course, half of the reviewers think Eyes is the 2nd new song, besides Sad Angel.

what should be dropped is Sara. Tusk set would be much tighter without it. NTF, Tusk and SOTM represent Tusk with all it's weirdness and cultness really nicely.

or maybe Mirage 2-some can be replaced with Oh Well and something else?

what is nice in the current setlist is that there's a Tusk 4-song set and Mirage 2-song set plus SYW representative (although that would not be the one i'd pick but it works well as a slow closer that FM seems to be so fond of).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-28-2013, 04:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They are going to stick to the Tusk celebration, I guess. They'll butch Eyes Of The World for Oh Well, I think. I'd love it if World Turning would be axed for a powerful three minute Oh Well and a 4-5 minute Hypnotized.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
They are going to stick to the Tusk celebration, I guess. They'll butch Eyes Of The World for Oh Well, I think. I'd love it if World Turning would be axed for a powerful three minute Oh Well and a 4-5 minute Hypnotized.
I agree. I think Eyes will go. I'm not that bothered, having seen pretty much that same version on the SYW tour. I really quite like the version of Oh Well which LB did on the Unleashed tour, so I'll be happy.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:43 AM
Registered

maybe they'll just might change up the set list this summer when they return to some of the same cities they just played in

Last edited by olive; 04-28-2013 at 08:48 AM..
Old 04-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does Fleetwood Mac have a tradition of changing their setlist during the middle of a tour? Is that something we could expect?

I know in 2004 they switched Beautiful Child for Sara. But when they come back to certain cities in June, I really don't think anything will be different. If anything, I have a feeling the only changes will be Oh Well in the Europe Leg AND the small possibility for a change at Christine's London show. I just wish that they were a little more interesting and added Albatross--that one is still played in the UK today, people would love to hear that rather than a song they played on the last tour.

---

Something I wanted to say: I'm actually more disappointed with Lindsey for some of his choices in the set than Stevie. Stevie absolutely has to do most of the songs: I was at the concert---people jumped up when she sang Gypsy, Rhiannon, Dreams, Gold Dust Woman, Sara, Landslide. She has the biggest fanbase and people expect to hear her classics. Honestly, she only has 1-2 spots in any Fleetwood Mac concert for something different, and she chose Sisters of the Moon. Her only option, I think, would be to put a new take on one of the songs, but since Stevie missed some of the rehearsals and isn't known for changing up songs, that was never going to happen. With Lindsey not having as many songs he absolutely has to do, I wish he picked differently from Not That Funny AND Eyes of the World. Those two have been done before and I actually thought they were the ones that took the life out of the show, when people were leaving their seats (not Sara as some people have stated on here)...another cut from Tusk (What Makes You Think You're The One, or The Ledge if an uptempo song was needed), Bleed To Love Her, Blue Letter, a Stevie duet with Thrown Down, I Don't Want To Know, or Crystal all would have been infinitely more interesting choices in my opinion.

Last edited by bethelblues; 04-28-2013 at 10:14 AM..
Old 04-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If they were going to do a tribute to the late legendary great Bob Welch I would have love to hear them do Hypnotized I think Lindsey and Stevie can do it well. I am glad I saw the show at mohegan sun arena 8 days ago awesome show.I don't know how much longer can pay high prices for tickets if that was my last FM concert it was an amazing show to leave on it.If they do another album and tour next summer I hope the prices will be more reasonable next year if not will not be going even if it is there last tour which I doubt it would be cheaper,I really think this past show I went on at mohegan sun arena on April 20,2013 was my last I want to say,It was a great show to leave on and I don't want to pay high money for a ticket and see a bad show so far they are still playing awesome and was happy with the tickets I had and the show was amazing.

I love the original fleetwood mac songs as well. I love Oh Well,Black Magic Woman,Albatross ect. If it was not for Oh Well Jimmy Page of Led Zepplin wouldn't not have written Black Dog.

Last edited by StandbackStevie; 04-28-2013 at 12:47 PM..
Old 04-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Does Fleetwood Mac have a tradition of changing their setlist during the middle of a tour? Is that something we could expect?

I know in 2004 they switched Beautiful Child for Sara. But when they come back to certain cities in June, I really don't think anything will be different. If anything, I have a feeling the only changes will be Oh Well in the Europe Leg AND the small possibility for a change at Christine's London show. I just wish that they were a little more interesting and added Albatross--that one is still played in the UK today, people would love to hear that rather than a song they played on the last tour.

---

Something I wanted to say: I'm actually more disappointed with Lindsey for some of his choices in the set than Stevie. Stevie absolutely has to do most of the songs: I was at the concert---people jumped up when she sang Gypsy, Rhiannon, Dreams, Gold Dust Woman, Sara, Landslide. She has the biggest fanbase and people expect to hear her classics. Honestly, she only has 1-2 spots in any Fleetwood Mac concert for something different, and she chose Sisters of the Moon. Her only option, I think, would be to put a new take on one of the songs, but since Stevie missed some of the rehearsals and isn't known for changing up songs, that was never going to happen. With Lindsey not having as many songs he absolutely has to do, I wish he picked differently from Not That Funny AND Eyes of the World. Those two have been done before and I actually thought they were the ones that took the life out of the show, when people were leaving their seats (not Sara as some people have stated on here)...another cut from Tusk (What Makes You Think You're The One, or The Ledge if an uptempo song was needed), Bleed To Love Her, Blue Letter, a Stevie duet with Thrown Down, I Don't Want To Know, or Crystal all would have been infinitely more interesting choices in my opinion.
Honestly, I think any of his deep cuts are used as an excuse for a bathroom break by many. I remember in 09 that Go Insane and IKINW were met with evacuations to the bar/toilets, particularly the former.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bleed To Love Her is so pretty. But the more I think about it, the more it's not really about the songs for me, but more of what's the most exciting and can keep my dancing and singing the most.

That's why I think Not That Funny and Eyes Of The World were good choices here, they are uptempo and interesting.. As much as I love Bleed To Love Her, I'd rather he replace Big Love with BTLH ,. That way the flow of the show would stay the same, in my option. As opposed to him replacing Eyes of the World or NTF with Bleed To Love Her.

As for where they should put 'Oh Well..' I think they should put it where 'Without You' is. right in the middle of the set.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Bleed To Love Her is so pretty. But the more I think about it, the more it's not really about the songs for me, but more of what's the most exciting and can keep my dancing and singing the most.

That's why I think Not That Funny and Eyes Of The World were good choices here, they are uptempo and interesting.. As much as I love Bleed To Love Her, I'd rather he replace Big Love with BTLH ,. That way the flow of the show would stay the same, in my option. As opposed to him replacing Eyes of the World or NTF with Bleed To Love Her.

As for where they should put 'Oh Well..' I think they should put it where 'Without You' is. right in the middle of the set.
I really like BTLH too, though without the three of them singing it I'd not be so much of a fan.

If he took out Big Love, TITN wouldn't be represented at all and that would make me sad.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know in 2004 they switched Beautiful Child for Sara.
I saw them in June 2004 and I know Sara was new, but not at the expense of Beautiful Child. They played them both. I don't know what they dropped.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I saw them in June 2004 and I know Sara was new, but not at the expense of Beautiful Child. They played them both. I don't know what they dropped.
It was Gypsy.