User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I say no for several reasons:

1) Christine is back after nearly 2 decades. Stevie wouldn't miss that for the world.
2) She makes money hand over fist with Fleetwood Mac. Higher ticket prices, much larger venues, and fuller audiences.
3) It appears she was required by WB to record a solo album before joining FM for a new album. She recorded the album extremely swiftly so she could get to FM as quickly as possible.
4) Stevie fully realizes she would have no solo career without FM, and she owes her success to them. She will always return to FM.
5) I suspect with John's battling cancer, that Stevie feels she needs to be around FM right now. Especially considering all of the recent Mac deaths along with her Mother's passing, she is likely not taking time for granted these days.
6) Stevie likes to alternate between her solo & Mac careers. Stevie has released 2 solo albums in 3 years. FM hasn't released an album in nearly a dozen years now. With Christine back on board, I'm guessing Stevie is ready to tackle that.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's the scenario I would have preferred...Stevie puts out "24K" and does a fall tour for promotion...FM spends ALL of 2014 working on the new album and has Stevie's songs finished after her fall 23K tour and has the new FM album ready for pre-order in April with the us leg of the tour starting after that...Tour UK in summer and Australia in fall...If the FM tour had been put off for a few months Stevie's fans could have had a short "24 Karat Gold" tour (Yes we have a new album but no tour, programs, shirts or anything else to go with it) and the FM fans could have had the new Fleetwood Mac record in early spring of 2015...
Old 08-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Now that we have our first glimpse of "24 Karat Gold / Songs From The Vault" and there seems to be a large initial interest in it and "24K" turns out to be even bigger than "In Your Dreams" was in terms of sales and critical reviews will Stevie regret not touring in support of her new record and not being able to fully enjoy the spoils of her success...
I think if she can ask $1250.00 for some seats she might ... until then
Old 08-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What if there is no FM record? I still see that as a long shot. At least you have 24K.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
What if there is no FM record? I still see that as a long shot. At least you have 24K.
Do you? With as many songs as Lindsey & Christine have recorded, I have a hard time imagining the entire thing would be scrapped even if Stevie declined to record with them. (Which I do not think she'll do. Christine and Lindsey have both said that Stevie has given them her reassurances that she'll participate in this album -- and I can't imagine Stevie reneging on that.)
Old 08-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Do you? With as many songs as Lindsey & Christine have recorded, I have a hard time imagining the entire thing would be scrapped even if Stevie declined to record with them. (Which I do not think she'll do. Christine and Lindsey have both said that Stevie has given them her reassurances that she'll participate in this album -- and I can't imagine Stevie reneging on that.)
At the very least we'll get Tango In The Night II, a great Chris/Lindsey collaboration with minimal Stevie. At best we'll get a really stellar album with all three singers giving 100%.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 08-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
At the very least we'll get Tango In The Night II, a great Chris/Lindsey collaboration with minimal Stevie. At best we'll get a really stellar album with all three singers giving 100%.
I'm definitely hoping for the latter. But I'm always mindful of the fact that Stevie also had limited involvement with 'Mirage,' and still turned in some grade-A tracks and vocals. So I think we're going to be all right either way.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, I have contemplated no new FM record as a real possibility. First and paramount is that FM is not actively signed to any record contract, unless they do a Live Nation/one album deal (with their seemingly inevitable upcoming touring throughout 2015) OR have considerable interest from one of the four remaining record co. conglomerates for a 1 record deal & distribution, and still, they'd have to get Stevie on board. She is the key! And with record sales what they are (especially for classic acts) even with Stevie on board, they'd be lucky to sell @500k copies.

Sure, FM could possibly release Lindsey, Chris, Mick & Johns work without Stevie independently, but that won't happen. Look how well the "Extended Play" did. Plus, they're not going to sully the "Brand" releasing something on their own again, and especially without Stevie. If the 5 "Rumours era" band members are not all on board, that would equal considerably much less interest from a record co. wanting to sign onto the project.

Last edited by Christopher; 08-07-2014 at 09:30 PM..
Old 08-07-2014, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Here's the scenario I would have preferred...Stevie puts out "24K" and does a fall tour for promotion...FM spends ALL of 2014 working on the new album and has Stevie's songs finished after her fall 23K tour and has the new FM album ready for pre-order in April with the us leg of the tour starting after that...Tour UK in summer and Australia in fall...If the FM tour had been put off for a few months Stevie's fans could have had a short "24 Karat Gold" tour (Yes we have a new album but no tour, programs, shirts or anything else to go with it) and the FM fans could have had the new Fleetwood Mac record in early spring of 2015...
This would have been the most PERFECT and LOGICAL SCENARIO. I agree 100%. I can only speculate that Mick and the band want to make more money with TWO TOURS for the new album.....One PRE-ALBUM TOUR, and one POST-ALBUM tour. Especially since NONE of the other MAC members have SOLO PROJECTS that generate as much interest and fill as many solo concert seats as Stevie. Nonetheless, IF Stevie was going to go through the effort of recording a solo record, the 24 Karat TOUR should have been this fall with a MAC record and tour following next summer.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
This is pretty similar to their early 80s timing, right? Bella Donna in 81, Mirage in 82, Wild Heart in 83? With a bunch of touring in the middle? I don't think she'll regret it, I think the fast work and a jesus-kabillion things to do sorta keeps her going.
Bella Donna/Mirage/Wild Heart projects = 30 years younger with help from bags of little white energy powder.

24 Karat/On With The Show projects = pushing 67 years old, sore feet, possible arthritis and no powdered energy drinks.

While the timing of these projects is similar, the times are not. Nonetheless, I think Stevie is up for the challenge. She has no significant other (that we know of), no children, no parents, and a smaller family. It's either this fast paced work schedule, OR sitting in a high rise condo overlooking the ocean, petting her dogs, watching American Horror Story, eating her pre-made/packaged gourmet HEALTHY LIVING meals and sitting at the piano trying to find inspiration to write. Thus, Go ahead, Lily, hit it, get some ribbons and some bows and get back out on the road.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Yes but when will they have the record finished and ready for sale??? The band has a short window after the fall tour to finish the record and personally I don't think any of what CM & LB have come up with is anywhere near being finished add on top of that 5 Stevie songs and you have to seriously wonder if they will have the album done before they hit the road in 2015...After the 2015 tour I think Stevie will take at least a two year break from FM so if FM can't get the record finished before the tour it may not come out for years maybe never...

The fall FM tour and the greed behind it may have cost Stevie and her fans a "24 Karat Gold" tour but it might ultimately end up costing the FM fans the record they have been waiting for since "The Dance"...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 08-07-2014 at 03:04 PM..
Old 08-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. My gut tells me it's not going to happen.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Despite the timing being a little off because of her commitment to Fleetwood Mac, I think her album, even without an immediate tour, is still going to be a huge success for her

It's unfortunate that Christine's return to the band has clashed with Stevie's plans. Christine's timing was less the Perfect. I still believe that Fleetwood Mac's new album will happen. We can only speculate how far it's developed. Stevie, for all we know, may have given them some of her vault songs to work with. (I'd like to think so) When she is eventually interviewed, I hope the interviewer has the acumen to ask her about the impending Fleetwood Mac album. She has not spoken publicly about it.

I don't think she is so selfish as to stymie what could be their last album. After all, it was this band that gave her the recognition to pursue a solo career. I kind of wished that they would have held off a tour until they recorded and released a new album.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-07-2014 at 05:55 PM..
Old 08-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post

It's unfortunate that Christine's return to the band has clashed with Stevie's plans. Christine's timing was less the Perfect. I still believe that Fleetwood Mac's new album will happen. We can only speculate how far it's developed. Stevie, for all we know, may have given them some of her vault songs to work with. (I'd like to think so)
I'm not so sure. I think Christine's return helped get much more media focus. I feel the marketing momentum has really been rolling well since early this year.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=WatchChain;1138047] Thus, Go ahead, Lily, hit it, get some ribbons and some bows and get back out on the road. [QUOTE]

Love this!