The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow the energy level on Stand Back is about 1/4 of what it was at every single SYW show. 1,2,3,4 oooh yeah ending is awseome though.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 03-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

THAT was like oxygen. thank you.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

The Stand Back twirl...OMG, I laughed like a psycho. She looked like she was going in slow motion. Sorry, it was funny.

Storms was beautiful.

Thanks for posting the videos!! I won't be going to see FM this go-round.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

"...operation desert angel..."
Old 03-02-2009, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah Stevie did seem to be in slow motion or something. I thought she sounded really good but she didnt move around much at all. I havent seen her since 05 but after watching her Soundstage dvd multiple times I guess I just kinda expected to come out all amped up and stuff. It could have nerves or something but I hope she loosens up a bit for the rest of the tour. I find myself now focued on Lindsey when I go to the FM shows now. He just has so much darn energy.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie had tons of energy for almost all of her solo shows from 2005-2008. And while she wasnt always at the top of her game for the Say You Will Tour I have yet to see one Stand Back that wasn't absolutely BLAZING from that tour. In fact if someone could post Madison Square Garden from September 03, its on Youtube but I couldn't post it here, It's like watching an exercise video, even more energetic then LIB.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 03-02-2009, 01:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

I don't understand why Stevie always sings so darned loud. In every quiet song, she's basically belting the whole time. Storms is awfully good here but it would take it to a whole new level if Stevie would put some subtlety and feeling into the vocal. I would think lightening up on the volume once in a while would help her vocal stamina too.

Oh Well is awesome. Lindsey doesn't play much lead stuff anymore that is quite that technical. He mostly just tears at his guitar during solos now. It's great to hear him doing speedy technical stuff just like he used to.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

thank you so much for posting Oh well. I have to say for me it was the best song of the night next to Storms.
anybody got silver springs? I thought Stevie did a great job on it and I think she sang the Still I am a fool part as well. I like when she does that.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome to hear others with Oh Well love. I absolutely thought it, along with Storms, were the highlights of the night!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I so agree with you. Storms and Oh well were the highlights of the show for me. I also enjoyed Monday Morning as the opener. I was expecting The Chain so I was pleasantly surprised. I really thought Beautiful Child would be in the setlist as well. I really missed hearing that song.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nicki View Post
I don't understand why Stevie always sings so darned loud. In every quiet song, she's basically belting the whole time. Storms is awfully good here but it would take it to a whole new level if Stevie would put some subtlety and feeling into the vocal. I would think lightening up on the volume once in a while would help her vocal stamina too.
Yeah she definitely has a problem with projecting too much. You can totally see she realized that while singing the first few lines of Sara for her Soundstage. She took it down a few notches, and sang beautifully. Storms was good when she wasn't belting. But it wasn't too pretty when she did .
Old 03-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
I so agree with you. Storms and Oh well were the highlights of the show for me. I also enjoyed Monday Morning as the opener. I was expecting The Chain so I was pleasantly surprised. I really thought Beautiful Child would be in the setlist as well. I really missed hearing that song.
I knew as soon as the entire band was on stage before any drumming occurred that they had to be doing something else. Plus, I could hear Mick start doing a little tapping count and there was no way it would be The Chain. What a pleasant surprise. Plus, I just really think there is something awesome about the lights coming up and the song just blasting off. The Chain has that nice little burning intro that boils over with John's solo and kicks off the show, but I think it works just as well in the second slot.

I'll bet that with Storms, Beautiful Child was put to rest. I couldn't see Stevie doing two relatively unknowns from Tusk in one set. If they decide to drop Silver Springs as the encore (which I thought worked beautifully) they could replace it with Beautiful Child (or replace it with Storms and replace that slot with BC).
Old 03-02-2009, 01:59 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
*thud* I'm verklempt. Goosebumps on the "did I EVAAAAAAH really care that much..." at 1:05-1:06. Wow. That plunky guitar sounds overbearing in some spots, but I think it's just the recording.
Yup she sang that line to perfection. Glad to see she still has it.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:02 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Yikes... it went over like a lead balloon. My guess is it'll be dropped before too long. Stevie didn't even look very confident singing it, and even seemed apologetic when it was over. I wanted to like it, and kept pinching myself that I was finally seeing a live rendition of one of my all time favs... but it's just TOO SLOW for the stage.
Or maybe she had the audience in the palm of her hands, which is where she had me.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtangl View Post
This was BEYOND exceptional! I went apesh*t apparently. My b/f says I lost it and was "a whirling dervish."
Thanks soooooooo much for posting. I'm thrilled to be able to relive it again whenever I want to.