User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I realize this is an incredibly smart publicity move for Stevie & Fleetwood Mac, but I still can't help but cringe at it. To me, shows like the Voice are just beneath the iconic stature of someone like Stevie. Plus, Stevie has always been the one touting how important it is to leave some mystery of aura around oneself. A one off appearance on American Idol is one thing... but to actually be a part of the cast of a show?
I couldn't agree more with this statement. I liken Stevie joining THE VOICE to Oprah Winfrey agreeing to co-host The Jerry Springer Show. HEADLINE: Academy Award Winning Actress Meryl Streep to join the cast of "The Real Housewives of Orange County". This just seems beneath her iconic status. As the previous poster stated, Stevie has always maintained a mystical presence. So, to join a reality television contest show just seems unnecessary.

I sure wish Stevie would work on laying down tracks for the impending Fleetwood Mac album that is sitting gathering dust.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I understand the sentiment but I think at this point, Stevie's legacy has been secured and it would take something a lot worse than The Voice (which I don’t particularly like) to maculate the iconic status she’s reached.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

July 09, 2014 02:03:04 GMT, Ace Showbiz

Read more: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/...#ixzz36zMrsx1Z

Stevie Nicks to Advise Adam Levine's Team on 'The Voice'

"The Voice" has tapped Stevie Nicks to join the show in season 7. The pop-rock singer/songwriter is set to be an adviser to Adam Levine, sharing her knowledge in music with his proteges.

The two have collaborated on the show back in the first season finale, when Nicks performed "Landslide" with Team Adam. Adam's contestant Javier Colon ended up winning the title.

Speaking of her past experience on "The Voice", the Fleetwood Mac member told Extra, "I won the first season, actually. I did! I flew in, barely made the show, no rehearsal, then Javier won. I looked at Adam and went, 'He won!' "

They went on joking about how Adam persuaded Stevie to join. "Bribery, begging, pleading," the Maroon 5 frontman said, with Stevie adding, "Presents... fur coat, some beautiful shoes, sheets."

"The Voice" season 7 will kick off Monday, September 22 at 8 P.M. on NBC. Blake Shelton also returns as a coach, joined by Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams on the panel.

Read more: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/...#ixzz36zN5L1No
Old 07-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They're currently filming right now.....if the past is anything to go on, she should be on the show around three or four weeks.
As for it being "beneath" her.....get over it! New times require new marketing tools, and this is one of the best! Things like her appearances on "Idol", "Glee" and "American Horror Story" have gotten her more press (and sales!) than she's had in years! How many other 66 year old's can say that?!?
As for it cutting in to the recording of the new FM album......it was never....I repeat....NEVER....planned to be out in 2014....so nothing is "collecting dust!" Once again, this can only help things!
Old 07-09-2014, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
They're currently filming right now.....if the past is anything to go on, she should be on the show around three or four weeks.
As for it being "beneath" her.....get over it! New times require new marketing tools, and this is one of the best! Things like her appearances on "Idol", "Glee" and "American Horror Story" have gotten her more press (and sales!) than she's had in years! How many other 66 year old's can say that?!?
As for it cutting in to the recording of the new FM album......it was never....I repeat....NEVER....planned to be out in 2014....so nothing is "collecting dust!" Once again, this can only help things!
Exactly.

I'm not a big fan of these singing talent shows either, but they're popular and get huge ratings.
For Stevie, it's great exposure and smart business.

Jamie
Old 07-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

‏@iowahawkblog Coaching contestants how to sing her note MT @EdMorrissey: Irony is dead. RT @CBSShowbiz: Stevie Nicks joining "The Voice" as adviser.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
‏@iowahawkblog Coaching contestants how to sing her note MT @EdMorrissey: Irony is dead. RT @CBSShowbiz: Stevie Nicks joining "The Voice" as adviser.
That was the only tweet you chose to share on the subject?

Anyway... I can understand where some are coming from, but I don't think this is "beneath" Stevie. In fact, it's pretty damn shrewd of her. These shows reach millions of viewers, and while The Voice isn't everyone's cup of tea (admittedly, I'm not one of its viewers either), it's not a tacky, bottom-of-the-barrel show by any means. So she's far from slumming. Meanwhile, this is going to result in amazing promotion for Stevie & Fleetwood Mac.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
That was the only tweet you chose to share on the subject?
not sure why are you asking but i didn't see any others - that was the only one that came up in LB tweet-search (they were asking whether what we'll hear next will be that LB is judging american karaoke).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great marketing indeed and far better than ANYTHING Warner's will do for her...
I would imagine the contestants will perform at least a couple of songs Stevie has written...
I gather the show is filmed in advance so if Stevie wanted to be really sneaky and smart she could try to have a few of the songs from her upcoming album performed for the show which sounds like it will air sometime around when 24 Karat Gold is due to be released...
Old 07-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
not sure why are you asking but i didn't see any others - that was the only one that came up in LB tweet-search (they were asking whether what we'll hear next will be that LB is judging american karaoke).
No judgments -- it just seemed odd that, with the countless positive tweets on the topic, you bothered to share a snarky one. But, hey, if it's the only one you saw, it's the only one you saw.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The ONLY reason she is doing this stuff is for the promotion of STEVIE NICKS. Remember, she isn't selling records anymore and isn't getting "new" airplay. This is the only venue (TV) left for artists her age to promote themselves.

I hate these kinds of shows but it does keep her name in the trades and on the internet.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if Stevie will make the top 10 with the new album. 'In Your Dreams' debuted at #6 with 52,000 copies sold, and if the album sold that figure now then it would debut at about #4 as the top 5 sells a lot less than it did three years ago.

If she did then that would mean that she would have three consecutive top 10 studio albums which is quite impressive for someone who is also part of a band.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I realize this is an incredibly smart publicity move for Stevie & Fleetwood Mac, but I still can't help but cringe at it. To me, shows like the Voice are just beneath the iconic stature of someone like Stevie. Plus, Stevie has always been the one touting how important it is to leave some mystery of aura around oneself. A one off appearance on American Idol is one thing... but to actually be a part of the cast of a show?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvhlive! View Post
OMG couldn't agree more with every word. To me she sets the trends, she doesn't follow them. I hate seeing her on all of these shows.. and to be honest surprised she would ever consider it like you said!
I agree. I, too cringed at this news. I realize that times have changed, but I love the romantic ideal of the travelling band riding around touring small clubs while they're trying to make it. And I know it's kind of silly, but I find these shows patently offensive. It just seems like an incredibly lazy way to pursue an ambition. You want to be a singer? Start a band and get out on the road. Maybe that's not how it's done anymore. Sigh.

And, furthermore, I believe it totally takes away from the "mystery of aura" that Stevie has worked all these decades to create.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The sad thing is The Voice really hasn't helped Christine Aguilera or Shakira that much. Their sales suck.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
I agree. I, too cringed at this news. I realize that times have changed, but I love the romantic ideal of the travelling band riding around touring small clubs while they're trying to make it. And I know it's kind of silly, but I find these shows patently offensive. It just seems like an incredibly lazy way to pursue an ambition. You want to be a singer? Start a band and get out on the road. Maybe that's not how it's done anymore. Sigh.

And, furthermore, I believe it totally takes away from the "mystery of aura" that Stevie has worked all these decades to create.
Well stated. As this point in her career, Stevie's income and status DOES NOT DEPEND on getting radio airplay or gaining another Billboard Top 40 hit. Her iconic status has been gained with class and credibility. The current Fleetwood Mac tour is SOLD OUT coast to coast, you can't even get a ticket where I live. This was all done BEFORE she agreed to appear on a reality signing contest. I'm sorry, but I don't think Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks need an appearance on reality television to promote anything.