The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2004, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sorry but to me Freddie is Queen. The Queen tribute gig was fantastic but to tour as Queen without Freddie just wouldn't work for me
Old 12-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I'm sorry but to me Freddie is Queen. The Queen tribute gig was fantastic but to tour as Queen without Freddie just wouldn't work for me
I completely 100% agree with you, Pip. I don't want to see Queen tour now that Freddie is gone. I saw them back in the late 70's and it was one of my favorite concerts ever. I like the other members, but...no Freddie? No thanks.

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 12-15-2004, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I could have sworn I read somewhere that George Michael was supposed to be touring with Queen. Didn't I read that somewhere? Perhaps that didn't work out for them. Ah well...it's all good.
I could totally see this. What a perfect replacement even though NOONE they choose will ever come close to Freddie's amazing vocal ability.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
FM he is not (no one is IMO) - but G. Michael has a helluva voice
George Michael does have an amazing voice, but he hates touring more than anything so there was no way he could be involved I'm guessing. I think the best post Freddie moment was when George sung "Somebody To Love" at the Mercury tribute gig... Apart from Mercury's performances it was the best vocal performance I've ever heard from an artist..

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I mean FM has been dead for ten or so years.
Freddie died in November 1991. Over 13 years ago... A little bit longer than Lindsey's last solo album which was only 12 years back.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Lindsey vs. Guns n Roses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
A little bit longer than Lindsey's last solo album which was only 12 years back.
who'll be the first to have the new studio release??? Wanna place yer bets now??? A betcha the odds you'll be given are good

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 12-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Ledgie

I'm not sold on a Queen tour. A one off show maybe but not a tour. Also, Paul Rodgers voice is a little to soul influenced to fit in with Queen.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Wow!

Nope, Its true.
A tour will happen!

http://pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=3728

(AP- London) Queen is planning a tour next year with guitarist-vocalist Paul Rodgers replacing frontman Freddie Mercury, who died of AIDS in 1991.
Details about what would be the first Queen tour since Mercury's death were being worked out, but it could include shows across Europe beginning this spring, the band's spokesman said December 15.
Rodgers, from the bands Free and Bad Company, impressed the remaining members of Queen when he joined them for several performances this year.
Rodgers and Queen guitarist Brian May performed Free's hit "All Right Now" at a concert in London to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Fender Stratocaster guitar earlier this year.
May and Queen drummer Roger Taylor then asked Rodgers to stand in for Mercury when the band was featured on a British TV channel's music hall of fame program.
In a note on his Web site, May said there had been "amazing chemistry" when he played alongside Rodgers, adding: "It seems blindingly obvious that there was something happening here."
The official Queen Fan Club welcomed the promised tour, even though it wasn't known whether bass player John Deacon, the other member of the band, will join it.
Queen's stadium anthems "We Will Rock You" and "We Are the Champions" were played to packed audiences worldwide. During the late 1980s, when the band had to give up touring because of Mercury's illness, Queen reached new fans with recordings such as "The Miracle" and "Innuendo."