Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Why mess up a perfectly lovely picture with that floral tapestry background?

Michele
I don't know but they succeeded in making it look very cheap. As though it were attacked with Coffee and a Doily. If they were going for an aged, "stained" effect, as though it had been forgotten amongst papers on a coffee table, there are far better ways for them to have gone about it. The plain white background (of course with the picture intact) and the simple coffee ring is a classic for a reason. Whack a little information into the ring and it's an instantly classic style.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can feel my wallet getting thinner.....lol....gotta get it
Old 10-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Supporting Ledgie

does anyone own it yet? would love to see some of the pics
Old 10-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
does anyone own it yet? would love to see some of the pics
I put it on my list. I wonder if any of the pictures are some we haven't seen.

Michele
Old 10-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Yeah I've always wanted to see more Dance-era stuff from Neal Preston.

A few years back...maybe 2007 he and I had a conversation on the telephone. He told me he took the infamous photo of Freddie Mercury that's used for their live at Wembley Stadium concert. Anyway... he said he had hundreds of pics from "The Dance" for the album shoot and the live taping. I was all set to buy some 11x17 prints from him (he quoted me $350-500 ea) and then he just bailed on the whole thing. Stopped calling me back, stopped emailing me. It was weird.

Last edited by mylittledemon; 10-08-2011 at 07:40 PM..
Old 10-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I sat down and looked through it in Barnes & Noble the other day. (Wasn't going to buy it because it was $29.99. )

I'm not a picture expert, but I don't think there was anything much new as far as newer pictures (like post-Mirage). Some of the older ones might have been rarer.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Yeah I've always wanted to see more Dance-era stuff from Neal Preston.

A few years back...maybe 2007 he and I had a conversation on the telephone. He told me he took the infamous photo of Freddie Mercury that's used for their live at Wembley Stadium concert. Anyway... he said he had hundreds of pics from "The Dance" for the album shoot and the live taping. I was all set to buy some 11x17 prints from him (he quoted me $350-500 ea) and then he just bailed on the whole thing. Stopped calling me back, stopped emailing me. It was weird.
I thought David LaChapelle did the cover photo for The Dance? I wonder if there was more than one?
Old 10-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I picked it up today. There isn't really anything new in it as far as pictures go, but there are a TON. Reading thru it quickly I saw it mention that "Rock A Little" was supposed to be called "Mirror Mirror" but Stevie and Jimmy Iovine dropped that concept. The book sort of reminds me a bit of Mick's "My Twenty Five Years In Fleetwood Mac" book from awhile ago. Just lots of pictures and the history of the band in an oversized book. There are photos on every page, albums, tour books, promo photos etc.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I thought David LaChapelle did the cover photo for The Dance? I wonder if there was more than one?
I'm not sure... just remembering what Preston told me. Our deal was that i'd buy a minimum of 3-4 prints from him. I guess he just got too busy for a small timer like me...
Old 10-09-2011, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuncles View Post
I picked it up today. There isn't really anything new in it as far as pictures go, but there are a TON. Reading thru it quickly I saw it mention that "Rock A Little" was supposed to be called "Mirror Mirror" but Stevie and Jimmy Iovine dropped that concept. The book sort of reminds me a bit of Mick's "My Twenty Five Years In Fleetwood Mac" book from awhile ago. Just lots of pictures and the history of the band in an oversized book. There are photos on every page, albums, tour books, promo photos etc.
I was just about to ask, How exactly does it compare to Mick's book? I imagine there are fewer words scratched out & revised?

- Jake
Old 10-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit View Post
I was just about to ask, How exactly does it compare to Mick's book? I imagine there are fewer words scratched out & revised?

- Jake
Do you mean his autobiography or the Mac picture book. I was comparing it to Mick's Mac picture book that came out before his autobiography. In which case it's very much like the picture book.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love that it discusses their solo careers too. And it isn't just a brief mention. It spends a good chunk on all of Stevie's albums except TISL and IYD, and it also gives a good chunk to Lindsey's and Christine's and even Mick's!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Do you mean his autobiography or the Mac picture book. I was comparing it to Mick's Mac picture book that came out before his autobiography. In which case it's very much like the picture book.
I mean the picture book, which came out (I think two years) after the autobiography. Has words crossed out. Always bugged me.

- Jake
Old 10-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh yeah on the start of the chapters in the handwritten pages. Yeah, they should have fixed that but I think they wanted it to look more personal.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:41 AM
Ledgie

Default Mirror Mirror and The Other Side of the Mirror

Quote:
Hello, if my memory is correct I had a conversation with someone sitting in a hotel lobby in New Orlens during the Rock A Little tour. The person said Rock A Little was supoosed to be called Mirror Mirror but the songs did not come together very well. They were working on songs and I think part of it had too do with her additiction issues and the quality of the songs.