Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-22-2003, 04:34 PM
Junior Ledgie

According to HitsDailyDouble - the finals are in:

Say You Will - #3 (barely over Darryl Worley) at 211,000.

This is usually where Billboard would have it - though the numbers used for both are not 100% the same - Mac might fall to #4 on the official chart.

Still a great debut - the Tonight Shows should keep it going for another week!

....Kelly Clarkson was at #1 - over 300,000 sold.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Kelly Clarkson makes #1, it'll be confirmed that the record-buying public has no taste (no offense to those who like her, LOL!)! She has an OKAY voice, but not much else She's just manufactured mainstream garbage. Does she even write songs or play instruments? However, even if she's number one, I doubt she'll have any staying power. Cross your fingers for the Mac!
Old 04-22-2003, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up That is the most REALISTIC...

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
If Kelly Clarkson makes #1, it'll be confirmed that the record-buying public has no taste (no offense to those who like her, LOL!)! She has an OKAY voice, but not much else She's just manufactured mainstream garbage. Does she even write songs or play instruments? However, even if she's number one, I doubt she'll have any staying power. Cross your fingers for the Mac!
statement I have seen posted yet...I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels that way about the public's current taste in music.

Hell, I started to listen to more country music myself to escape from the manufacturers of the current state of music...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 04-22-2003, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: That is the most REALISTIC...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels that way about the public's current taste in music.
WHAT taste, Brian?! I find it incredibly sad. The state of music these days is disgraceful. Whatever happened to quality music like we had in the sixties and seventies? Music that had messages and poetry and themes to it? It all went away. Where is the music that people relate to? I certainly can't relate to these wanksters singing about their diamond rings, jewels, expensive cars, and their self-proclaimed "ho's." It's self indulgent and PATHETIC. And I highly doubt that even the kids who listen to this rap relate to any of it!! If they say they do, they're blowing sunshine up our skirts.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Re: Re: That is the most REALISTIC...

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
WHAT taste, Brian?! I find it incredibly sad. The state of music these days is disgraceful. Whatever happened to quality music like we had in the sixties and seventies? Music that had messages and poetry and themes to it? It all went away. Where is the music that people relate to? I certainly can't relate to these wanksters singing about their diamond rings, jewels, expensive cars, and their self-proclaimed "ho's." It's self indulgent and PATHETIC. And I highly doubt that even the kids who listen to this rap relate to any of it!! If they say they do, they're blowing sunshine up our skirts.
Very true...The whole "wanksters" killed metal to me. I cannot relate to the whole rings,cars,"ho's" thing...Gee, I guess unless a person is wanting to stay hip at 32 they can try, And YES they do look foolish to me when they try!!!

Ya asked "Whatever happened to quality music like we had in the sixties and seventies? Music that had messages and poetry and themes to it? It all went away." I say it went from the pop/rock music to the "new contemporary country" artist like Gary Allan, Chris Cagle & of course Keith Urban (A noted Lindsey freak) & groups like Brooks & Dunn & Emerson Drive. The "new contemporary country" has the messages & poetry without any of the Garth Brooks boredom type of country...Hell, It's almost borderline rock tome, And I can relate to the subject matter & hum the damn melody hours later!!! LOL...Brian "Empty-Vee...Brainwashing rock & roll loving youth since 1992" J.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 04-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a very good debut. Over 60,000 more album than the record industry expected. Even the most optimistic projections were under this. Be happy with it. You can't control what the people buy. I will tell you this much, a debut like this means Fleetwood Mac will have no problem getting another record put out.

Bombay Saphire 3-I was wrong instead of 5th a strong weekend brought them in at 3. However you misquoted me. THe debut with TISL was not identical. Say You Will sold over 100,000 more copies in its first week then TISL. That is what my quote referenced. Say You Will also sold 12,000 more copies than the Dance in the first week. Dance was # 1.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy What's the world coming to?

Thanks LINDSEY, apparently, "everyone's gone to the moon" because this is a bunch of BS.

50 Cent? Yeah, it probably cost 50 cent to make his CD...I mean DVD/CD.

Kelly Clarkson...can't say anything bad about my homegirl, she's from Burlytown..I live 15 minutes from her. She's cool with me, but I think most of her fans bought MULTIPLE and I mean MULTIPLE copies of the CD to help her out.

My main question is WHO THE FRICK IS DARRYL WORLEY?!?!?!

1 KELLY CLARKSON RCA 268,394 - THANKFUL

2 DARRYL WORLEY DREAMWORKS NASHVILLE 193,951 -
HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN?

3 50 CENT SHADY/AM/INTERSCOPE 191,630 -
50 CENT THE NEW BREED

4 FLEETWOOD MAC REPRISE 184,979 - SAY YOU WILL (THIS IS MY # 1 ALBUM, SO...WHO GIVES A FRICK!?!)

BTW, I got these numbers from a Justin board, they are NOT final, I'm sure...
Old 04-22-2003, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Isn't Darryl Worley the country music guy who is riding to stardom on a song about 9/11? I recall the title "Have You Forgotten" from all those war/peace song articles talking about Peacekeeper. Yeah, I bet this Nashville spark's really gonna stay around much once his pro-war anti-terrorism ditty falls out of context.

Am I the only one who thinks Lindsey kinda likes the whole 'uphill battle' thing? The prospect of having to follow RUmours irked him to no end ... now they have to prove themselves, especially without Christine, not unlike the early BN days. I get the feeling it gives him a kick! Of course, #4 on the Billboard 100 can't really be described as an uphill battle.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Re: What's the world coming to?

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847

My main question is WHO THE FRICK IS DARRYL WORLEY?!?!?!

2 DARRYL WORLEY DREAMWORKS NASHVILLE 193,951 -
HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN?
Darryl Worley is a country musician with a hit song called "Have You Forgotten" which reminds people of 9/11...A good song IMO...Brian J.

Old 04-22-2003, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Well, dang me...

Never heard of the guy.

I haven't forgotten about 9/11...and I LOVE Illume!
Old 04-22-2003, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by John Run
This is a very good debut. Over 60,000 more album than the record industry expected. Even the most optimistic projections were under this. Be happy with it.
Thanks for the information John. I'm not much of a chart follower, but I'm glad to hear this. It seems like good news all the way around.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: What's the world coming to?

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
She's cool with me, but I think most of her fans bought MULTIPLE and I mean MULTIPLE copies of the CD to help her out.
I bought like 4 copies of SYW!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one either. It wasn't to help them out though, but still.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

originally posted by John Run"Bombay Saphire 3-I was wrong instead of 5th a strong weekend brought them in at 3. However you misquoted me. THe debut with TISL was not identical. Say You Will sold over 100,000 more copies in its first week then TISL. That is what my quote referenced. Say You Will also sold 12,000 more copies than the Dance in the first week. Dance was # 1."

Thanks I stand corrected about the first week sales of TISL.The more they can sell and the higher in the charts they are the happier I am .the 3 that are above them are pretty awful a Rap ep a manufactured pop tart and a modestly talented country crooner milking more pro war fervor bleech!

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 04-23-2003 at 01:49 AM..
Old 04-23-2003, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think #3 is pretty great! If I recall correctly the follow-up album to Rumours, Tusk (one of my favorite albums of all time) got only as high as #4 on the Billboard charts. Now if they release EFO as a single, trust me, they will keep those numbers coming. I have always been able to pick hit singles since I was 15 (one of my only talents besides playing guitar lol) before they were released.
EFO is a winner. It has the potential to play on many formats and it is a great song! It is not even my favorite on the album, I am just talking hit single potential in todays market.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's an excellent debut. I have to think that Stevie, Lindsey, John and Mick wouldn't really be tremendously concerned with their placement on the billboard charts. This whole tour and album was based on the fact that they know there is still demand for their work and in Lindsey's case, he just wanted to get his music heard. These people aren't poor...they don't need to be doing this anymore but they do it because they love it. They've had their #1...now I think it's about the music and the fans I don't think you'll see any dissapointment from them about not being number one. We probably shouldn't be either. However, 50 Cent...wtf? You wrote (you probably didn't even write it) a song called IN DA CLUB and like, Fleetwood Mac rights about real things. Whatever. I did, however, buy Kelly Clarkson and the reason why people are buying her album is because they feel responsible for her newfound success because we truly did make her into what she's become and we like her. I mean, afterall, she's who we picked!