User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
In Lindsey's case I agree it's not rebellion. From what I've read here, apparently he starts abusing the guitars when he's frustrated. Being such a perfectionist, when he is handed an out-of-tune instrument, or one that is in the wrong tuning, it must make him nuts.
So on every show he is handed an out-of-tune guitar? No no, of course not. It`s part of the rehearsed show, believe me.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
So on every show he is handed an out-of-tune guitar? No no, of course not. It`s part of the rehearsed show, believe me.
Stefan, I'm not referring to his beating up on the neck of the guitar during the solos. I was talking about he instances in which it was reported he flung the guitar across the stage.

Or does he do that every time?
Old 05-11-2004, 10:53 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Stefan, I'm not referring to his beating up on the neck of the guitar during the solos. I was talking about he instances in which it was reported he flung the guitar across the stage.

Or does he do that every time?
At Oberhausen he used it like athlets do when they practice hammer-throwing (sorry I don't know the exact english term for it)
He just did it half assed in order to not crash it completely which made it even more silly. (crush it or leave it) I read about it from the UK shows too, there he seems to have damaged one. But yes it seems to be constantly there.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:58 AM
Lux
Old 05-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Maybe it's a release of energy. Although I really have no opinion on the matter, I am reminded of a recent gig where my friend decided he was going to dive into the drum kit Cobain style, just to see what would happen. Of course he injured himself and it turned out to be rather impractical. My guess is that it's either a release of energy or it's a subject of very little consequence and is therefore making me question the energy placed in typing a post. And so I shall conclude with a full stop.
Btw Lux from what film is that car scene underneath your posts? It reminds me of the "Big Lebowski" scene but of course it`s not.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Lux
Old 05-11-2004, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
My guess is that it's either a release of energy or it's a subject of very little consequence and is therefore making me question the energy placed in typing a post. And so I shall conclude with a full stop.
Damn, you've already wasted a lot of energy on at least two posts on this. You really need to be more discriminating. Save that energy for little snide remarks on more worthy topics!
Old 05-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
It's actually from Fawlty Towers. The 'Gourmet Night' episode. Did Fawlty Towers get a German release? I'm guessing that if it did, it was without 'The Germans' episode.
About ten years or so there was the first release of the episodes in German, before they had been with subtitles or whatever and have not be shown for years. I made a videocopy of that- but I believe it were only a few shows-maybe 8 or so?
Yes the Germans episode is there too but it`s a long time since I saw the tape. It`s a great occasion to dig it out again and have some fun.
Que?
Old 05-11-2004, 11:21 AM
Lux
Old 05-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Lux
Old 05-11-2004, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A bit OT, I loved FT and I also LOVED "The Young Ones," a BBC (I think) sitcom about stoners which aired in the late 80's.

As for LB, I say beat the hell out it, I could care a less

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-11-2004, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
This precious energy of mine being so liberally distributed throughout the board! You're right, however, I feel I'm not being patronising to my usual standard and must make all additions necessary to piss others off. I should in future cease to prevent my actual personality creeping through, as I think I'm generally too well liked at present and must reverse the situation immediately.
You ought not weigh down your posts with so much metaphysics.

Just be. If you're cool, they'll know it. If you're a wiseass, they can figure it out.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:05 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"
For me the whole guitar bashing isn't anything but his own way to attempt to get the same kind of response that Stevie does and he still fails. He doesn't have the same charisma, he never looked that natural on stage and he's lost a lot of the old fascinating spastic movements. For a novice concert goer what he does now might be great anyway.

Ah well, they've had a staged act of sorts for nearly every tour.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 05-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
For me the whole guitar bashing isn't anything but his own way to attempt to get the same kind of response that Stevie does and he still fails. He doesn't have the same charisma,
Well I doubt that very much. In fact I think the opposite is true. He may leave people cold as a studio musician and artist. People who don't like his quirky production or songwriting or whatever. But his stage presence his amazing and I guess even the Stevie fans responded that way.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
he never looked that natural on stage and he's lost a lot of the old fascinating spastic movements.
For me spastic movements are not appealing or very special and adorable. They are just there, it's part of his medical history. And if these movements are less nowadays (I did not care enough to tell) then it doesn`t lessen his stage presence for me one bit. Nor did their presence the opposite.

Last edited by stefan; 05-12-2004 at 07:43 AM..
Old 05-12-2004, 04:55 AM
Lux
Old 05-12-2004, 08:46 AM

Quote:
I was hoping that the virtual people wouldn't despise me too. I appear to have lost one friend today, leaving a total of 3 friends and the odd occasional friend. Lets see how many more I can lose.
Not me, dude. I'm just trying to point out that your frequent self-analysis in your posts is a little distracting. Just be. Say what you want. Let the chips fall. It comes across as if you're constantly doing a back-door apology for being you.

I've made friends and I've lost friends here. I've made friends, lost them and regained them. Might lose them again. Whatever. People either accept you or they don't. Don't apologize for it. I'm telling you the same I would a friend who might be sitting across from me right now.

Here's a song by the Kinks:

I don't take clothes that are hand-me-downs
I don't smile 'cause I wear a frown
Once I get started you can't hold me down
Once I get going then I go to town, 'cos

CHORUS 1:
I'm not like everybody else

CHORUS 2:
I don't want to walk around like everybody else
I don't want to live my life like everybody else
I don't want to sit and cry like everybody else
'Cause I'm not like everybody else

Darling, you know that I love you true
Confess all my sins if you want me to
But there's just one thing I wanna say to you
If you' gonna love me my whole life through
And that's

Chorus

There's a nifty version of this song by Camper Van Beethoven at iTunes.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I almost HEAR Lindsey sing this.

great song.

Old 05-12-2004, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
I almost HEAR Lindsey sing this.

great song.
Yeah, that would be awesome. Have you heard the Camper Van version? It's decent, though purists will like the original better.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Lux
Old 05-12-2004, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Wow, I must say I'm surprised. I've obviously left a memorable impression, although I'm afraid I shan't be able to return the compliment. My most insincere apologies.

I should have pulled a Rumsfeld and blacked out that line. But the secret is out. I shall go sulk over this unrequited love. Please don't let me near a ledge, for I walk a thin line today.