User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
The Harris book claims Christine witnessed the car/driveway event. And yet Christine toured behind Buckingham-McVie with this "monster." How can she justify touring with him if he was a monster? I wonder if Christine will eventually be in a spot where she will be pressed as to the "validity" of some of this backlog. How will Christine handle it. She is the one that wrote, (relating to John):

Why not think about times to come?
And not about the things that you've done?
If your life was bad to you
Just think what tomorrow will do

"Yesterday's gone." There was a time when yesterday could be somewhat washed away. But not in this day of the internet: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.

People are fickle. This drama is not even close to being over. A lot of people could be hurt. I don't relish any of it. I wish none of this happened. Didn't it seem "more better" (sic) when we were all unaware and just listened to the music?
Christine DEFINITELY witnessed the car/driveway episode....they all did. And when Mick's book came out and mentioned it and Lindsey said he made the whole thing up just to sell books, both Christine AND Stevie wanted to go to the press and say "No....this happened!" (It was Mick, however, who said "No....we know what happened, and that's all that matters.")
That said....a lot of these stories/events took place 30-35 years ago (maybe longer in some cases), when Lindsey clearly had a serious drug and alcohol problem. I really think being married and a dad has changed/mellowed him. Hatchet stories like this are pointless.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Breast by any other name...

Stevie's tits, titts, teats, breast etc...story sounds so lame
at this point. I would believe she wanted to keep them
covered up except for the photographic proof we have
from all the years past the Buckingham Nicks cover.

At this point I wish she would keep them covered.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Stevie's tits, titts, teats, breast etc...story sounds so lame
at this point. I would believe she wanted to keep them
covered up except for the photographic proof we have
from all the years past the Buckingham Nicks cover.

At this point I wish she would keep them covered.
Obviously Stevie's body doesn't exist to please you, and is her's to do with as she pleases...but I honestly can't recall another topless photo from Stevie's career, beyond Buckingham Nicks. Is there one?
Old 04-12-2018, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i don't have time to read what everyone has said here right now, but just wanted to chime in - it's definitely interesting to see what the line is on twitter accompanying the actual headline when you click on the link. it basically says - hey we should re-examine this guy who's just been wronged by his band.

that said, i think he's both, except biggest jerk is way out of line, just like he's not the most misunderstood genius either, not by a mile - but they didn't claim he was. on the other hand, there are tons of way bigger known jerks in rock, he's not even half way up the ladder. someone on facebook said maybe the headline should be changed to something like -

Rock's garden-variety jerk or misunderstood genius?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-12-2018, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post

We want to compare this with Christine and John McVie? They had a difficult breakup but I don't think I've ever seen anybody say that he did what Lindsey did.
It's a dangerous assumption to think it never happened, though. We don't know what happened between them because they have never really talked about it. That's a far cry from "it never happened". We need to be aware of when we are drawing conclusions from facts or when we are making our own assumptions.

Someone also made the statement that Christine wouldn't have worked with Lindsey if she had seen him really abuse Stevie. She saw him really abuse Carol and still worked with him, so.....

We all make the mistake of thinking that everyday life within FM is like everyday life for us. It isn't... like it isn't for most rock stars. Especially during the white-hot famous years, FM got away with a lot of sh$t. If we take the famous quote by our now president (regardless of how we feel about him) he said, when talking about the people who are his fans, that he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Ave (in NYC) and no one would care. Well, that's what being in the biggest band in the world is. You can behave ABOMINABLY and people don't call you out on it. You're famous, you're rich, you can be rude, obnoxious, demanding, waking helpers up at 2 am to go get you a sandwich, demanding the hotel repaint your room pink, punching your girlfriend, demanding the presidential suite, stealing people's spouses, whatever you want and no one calls you out on any of it. Ever.

What I'm saying is when people live with that going on around them everyday for DECADES, it just gets normalized. Things that would shock us and leave us standing with our mouths hanging open don't even get noticed anymore as unusual by them or people around them. Don't be fooled by how people are in interviews etc. That's a PERFORMANCE just like when onstage. Especially certain people in FM who are very, very clever at marketing themselves as a certain persona. As Chris said in RS about Stevie, she's all about herself, and she's made herself a 'brand'. Lindsey similarly markets himself as the misunderstood genius who does everything selflessly for everyone else and still they dump on him. Image management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Got to be fair to Stevie and challenge you there...
Stevie has always been relatively modest regarding her body compared to most female performers. Yeah there was a thread showing some cleavage shots (most of them from late 80's/early 90's when she definitely did assentuate her chest) but she's never put her boobies fully on display. She's rarely worn short skirts.

It would be wrong to paint her as somebody who likes to flaunt her body.
I don't know where you've been for the last 40 years. She wore very very short skirts a lot in the late 70s/80s. Ever see her onstage with Bob Welch? Her very skimpy leotard tops and then camisole tops from the late 70s and into the 80s left absolutely NOTHING to the imagination. Why do you think Dave Letterman ran that short clip of her from I Can't Wait over and over and over again, leaning forward and shaking her maracas?? Again, there are the yarns people spin when doing interviews, and then, if you watch carefully, there's what they actually do.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-12-2018 at 12:48 PM..
Old 04-11-2018, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
2 articles in WaPo, 2 days in a row, is that a first for either FM or LB? and the actual article just about Lindsey this time around.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"