Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2004, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I want "Joan Of Arc" to get albumized. Just because it's so cool sounding.

"Space Needle?" Needs to be on an album. Preferably a Stevie solo album, but hey - I'm fine with anything re: Space Needle.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Mmmm, good one. Only I'd put it in place of Say You Will to make the dark feel of the album is more consistent.
Dark feel? I think SYHA and WTWCT are pretty upbeat sounding.
You just want to cut that song.

- Jake
Old 07-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippocampus

On Tango:
"Down Endless Street" instead of "Family Man"
Or even Ricky or WHR&REDFY instead of Family Man.

- Jake
Old 07-20-2004, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like the Dance version better than that one because she has some powerful vocals on it, especially at the end, but overall the song is pretty blah.
I love the rhythm/bounce of the Enchanted version.

- Jake
Old 07-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
Dark feel? I think SYHA and WTWCT are pretty upbeat sounding.
You just want to cut that song.

- Jake
Those songs aren't dark?

"All alone we go
All day after day
All alone we suffer
Oh, steal your heart away
It's the same old thing
In the same old way
All alone we suffer
Oh, steal your heart away"

"What's the world coming to
What they say isn't true
You can't plant no seed
Well there's only greed
I can walk anywhere
I can walk anytime
But the lone highway
Is the only way

"Every night, every day
In this house filled with shame
I can say I care
But there's no one there
There's no truth in my lies
There's no light in my eyes
And it's all I guess
That I'll ever miss"

Take away Say You Will and the album is consistent. It doesn't mean it's a bad song, but it totally disrupts the "feel" of the album.

Old 07-20-2004, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or even Ricky or WHR&REDFY instead of Family Man.

- Jake
I think that You And I Pt. I would have been an awesome addition as well... there's something about it I like a lot better than the Pt II that actually got on the album.

Old 07-20-2004, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Those songs aren't dark?

"All alone we go
All day after day
All alone we suffer
Oh, steal your heart away
It's the same old thing
In the same old way
All alone we suffer
Oh, steal your heart away"

"What's the world coming to
What they say isn't true
You can't plant no seed
Well there's only greed
I can walk anywhere
I can walk anytime
But the lone highway
Is the only way

"Every night, every day
In this house filled with shame
I can say I care
But there's no one there
There's no truth in my lies
There's no light in my eyes
And it's all I guess
That I'll ever miss"

Take away Say You Will and the album is consistent. It doesn't mean it's a bad song, but it totally disrupts the "feel" of the album.
I said it's upbeat sounding; I wasn't referring to the lyrics.

The song SYW is consistent with Stevie's promise always to leave a bit of hope in the message. One song out of 18 giving a glimmer of hope doesn't destroy the consistency, not when the song refers to a place she remembers as being dark.

- Jake
Old 07-20-2004, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Heart03
I think that You And I Pt. I would have been an awesome addition as well... there's something about it I like a lot better than the Pt II that actually got on the album.
The majority here is with you on this, but I never loved Pt. I too much.

I do like Pt. II, but it has the sound of the Love Boat Acapulco Lounge and there's something that makes me picture Martin Short's Ed Grimley dancing to it.

- Jake
Old 07-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I said it's upbeat sounding; I wasn't referring to the lyrics.

The song SYW is consistent with Stevie's promise always to leave a bit of hope in the message. One song out of 18 giving a glimmer of hope doesn't destroy the consistency, not when the song refers to a place she remembers as being dark.

- Jake
Imperial Hotel is very upbeat, but it's a downer of a song.

It's just my opinion, but the song is out of place, especially when it's on an album with the likes of Come, Illume, Murrow, Goodbye Baby, RTTG, Silver Girl, and the rest of the crew. It sticks out like a sore thumb and those munchkins at the end really push it over the top.

Old 07-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Imperial Hotel is very upbeat, but it's a downer of a song.

It's just my opinion, but the song is out of place, especially when it's on an album with the likes of Come, Illume, Murrow, Goodbye Baby, RTTG, Silver Girl, and the rest of the crew. It sticks out like a sore thumb and those munchkins at the end really push it over the top.
I love the sound of the kids at the end; it's like she's harking back to an innocent time when she & Lindsey were still young and dreaming together. But I know most folks here hate it.

Imperial Hotel is not a downer to me. "She knows in her heart that he will stand by her..." To me it's a better version of That Made Me Stronger. She's being a drama queen, and he's talking her down from the Ledge, like hey, things are not bad really. Get over it. The lyric "This is the path you have chosen" is far better than "You write your songs yourself." Plus the vocal kicks ass.

- Jake
Old 07-20-2004, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippocampus
On Behind The Mask:
- "Intuition" instead of "Stand On The Rock"
- "Victim Of Love" instead of "Do You Know"
- "Got No Home" instead of "When The Sun Goes Down"
Actually, I'd say:

"Got No Home" instead of "Stand On The Rock"
"Intuition" instead of "The Second Time"

"Victim Of Love" as a bonus track on the "Got No Home" CD single.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love the sound of the kids at the end; it's like she's harking back to an innocent time when she & Lindsey were still young and dreaming together. But I know most folks here hate it.

Imperial Hotel is not a downer to me. "She knows in her heart that he will stand by her..." To me it's a better version of That Made Me Stronger. She's being a drama queen, and he's talking her down from the Ledge, like hey, things are not bad really. Get over it. The lyric "This is the path you have chosen" is far better than "You write your songs yourself." Plus the vocal kicks ass.

- Jake
We don't know if SYW is about Lindsey, pal.

Imperial Hotel is a major downer, IMO. For cripes sake, the name of the song is Imperial Hotel. I always thought she was talking about how much she loves her career, but also how she hates it equally as much for what it can't afford her or allow her to have.

Old 07-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We don't know if SYW is about Lindsey, pal.

Imperial Hotel is a major downer, IMO. For cripes sake, the name of the song is Imperial Hotel. I always thought she was talking about how much she loves her career, but also how she hates it equally as much for what it can't afford her or allow her to have.
Come on, it's about all of the, otherwise why choose it as the title song.

I took IH to mean the woman what wants to be queen (Imperial) not just professionally but personally too), who's afraid to leave because she's still but a guest, who's struggling that rulers make bad lovers - - - but the guy is reminding her that she can always check out, and that whether she does or not, he'll stand by her. Not a downer IMO.

- Jake
Old 07-20-2004, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Come on, it's about all of the, otherwise why choose it as the title song.

I took IH to mean the woman what wants to be queen (Imperial) not just professionally but personally too), who's afraid to leave because she's still but a guest, who's struggling that rulers make bad lovers - - - but the guy is reminding her that she can always check out, and that whether she does or not, he'll stand by her. Not a downer IMO.

- Jake
I always interpreted it as her saying her career has an imperial rule over everything and no matter how much she wants something, her career ends up making the decisions in the end, no matter how right or wrong that decision is. She's not the Imperial Queen, her career is. She can't leave because the hold it has on her is too strong, no matter how much some guy wants her all to himself.

Last edited by dissention; 07-20-2004 at 04:21 PM..
Old 07-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I always interpreted it as her saying her career has an imperial rule over everything and no matter how much she wants something, her career ends up making the decisions in the end, no matter how right or wrong that decision is.
I can see that, though it's not my favorite take on the song, but still, the guy at the end is standing by her, and her big complaint had been that she was alone. So it's still not a downer.

- Jake