User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Lindsey and his speeches...

I am thinking that perhaps back in the day, he drank lots and did some drugs, giving him lots of confidence. That is why he acted so spontaneously on stage. The others did too. Today, since he is clean of all that mess, he is not confident to come up with something new to say, so he just repeats those speeches which we've all come to know and love. You've all seen him during interviews, the man is a BAD stutterer and it seems to me, finds it a little difficult to put his thoughts together coherantly. I'm the same way, so I understand it. When I can't think of how I want to say something, I start to stutter and try hard to make sense.

That's how I figure it anyways.

We all know he can break from the norm, as he did dedicating songs to his wife, kids and brother/family. When it comes 100% from his heart, he can break from it.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>While I'm sure Chris is happy with the fortune she's made, she's never liked touring. Go allllll the way back to the lyrics for Homeward Bound. And she was 29ish then.>>

At age 26, shortly before she 'retired' to be a housewife-- she said in an interview, "I don't want to live out of a suitcase all my life." She said she hated staying in hotels and always did her best to get back home instead.

A little trip or vacation is one thing. A long-*ss, never-ending tour is quite another. I think that would have made me insane, to try and sleep in a different bed every night...ugh. Not my cup of tea at all.

-Lis
Old 09-12-2004, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin

At age 26, shortly before she 'retired' to be a housewife-- she said in an interview, "I don't want to live out of a suitcase all my life." She said she hated staying in hotels and always did her best to get back home instead.

A little trip or vacation is one thing. A long-*ss, never-ending tour is quite another. I think that would have made me insane, to try and sleep in a different bed every night...ugh. Not my cup of tea at all.

-Lis
And, she said exactly the same thing about living out of a suitcase just several weeks ago in that radio interview...35 years later.

Last edited by macfan 57; 09-12-2004 at 06:03 AM..
Old 09-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And, she said exactly the same thing about living out of a suitcase just several weeks ago in that radio interview...35 years later.
When you have such a wonderful talent as she does, I guess that's the cross you just have to bear. Thankfully.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Lexus part doesn't bother me. But the Burgers and Fries?

Geez Louise. What happened to all that good Fleetwood Mac clean living?
Old 09-12-2004, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
How can any human being say the same thing every night of a tour that lasts a year & a half?
A year and a half? Try 22. This is just a makeover of the "A lot of people wonder what happened to us ... and we refuse to go away" lines he said during the Mirage tour. Yes, different words, but same meaning, said at the same point during the concert, wearing the same shirt.

Now, if he had brought back the fedora from years ago, I might have forgiven the t-shirt. Instead, he decided to mothball the hat and follow in Lyle Lovett's footsteps. Given all the "Stevie's Bangs" conversations that have gone on, why hasn't there been a thread entitled "How Many Times Has Lindsey Seen 'Young Frankenstein'?"
Old 09-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
I think that would have made me insane, to try and sleep in a different bed every night...ugh.
But then again, look at the career Madonna has had

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

David, I have to agree. But then again, this band has always been about the crazy. Personally, I think it's John. While he may have been the resident drunk in the band, he never actually went crazy. In fact, he's probably one of the only major players to not have gone nuts:

Peter Green: Found religion, did some drugs, lost his mind.

Jeremy Spencer: Probably schizoaffective. He had two personalities before it was cool.

Danny Kirwan: Social phobic who was crazy prior to joining the band.

Bob Welch: Appeared crazy in the 90s, but it may have been bad legal advice.

Mick Fleetwood: Snapped after being canned as manager.

Stevie Nicks: Tranqued into crazy in the mid-80s.

Lindsey Buckingham: Lost it around "Tusk." Even did an album called "Go Insane."

Christine McVie: Does not answer phone. Will only talk to old friends on phone. She's developed social phobia.

Billy Burnette: In general, he's a goofball. Probably not "crazy," but why all the country albums? This guy is an average country/rocker, but has rockabilly god potential.

Dave Mason: I think Dave lost it around '78 or so. Still talks about playing with Hendrix. Still talks about wanting to get back with Traffic. Still coked out of his mind.

JOHN GRAHAM McVIE: Sure, he's taken the 13th step a few times, but he's never been the guy in the band who's going to make people roll their eyes.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
But then again, look at the career Madonna has had
Zing!
Old 09-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiffon head
I just saw this. I wonder why they would play for a bunch of Lexus dealers?
Does anyone know? It seems kinda strange to me.

Renee
MONEY!!!!

Stevie certainly has done her share of corp. events in the past. AND - many acts do. In the hright of her poularity (1995ish) I saw Whitney Houstom play for the Coca Cola Christmas Party in Atlanta - so they all do it.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I saw Whitney Houstom play for the Coca Cola Christmas Party in Atlanta
That's RICH.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
That's RICH.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I remember back a few years ago, The Eagles were paid something like 600 or 800 thousand bucks for a one night stint in Ottawa for some private event... Can't recall what it was for.. but the news article was so much for them doing this private event, it was leaning towards the huge amount of cash that got them to do it... Who wouldn't do a one nighter if the price is right...
Old 09-13-2004, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
David, I have to agree. But then again, this band has always been about the crazy. Personally, I think it's John. While he may have been the resident drunk in the band, he never actually went crazy. In fact, he's probably one of the only major players to not have gone nuts:

Peter Green: Found religion, did some drugs, lost his mind.

Jeremy Spencer: Probably schizoaffective. He had two personalities before it was cool.

Danny Kirwan: Social phobic who was crazy prior to joining the band.

Bob Welch: Appeared crazy in the 90s, but it may have been bad legal advice.

Mick Fleetwood: Snapped after being canned as manager.

Stevie Nicks: Tranqued into crazy in the mid-80s.

Lindsey Buckingham: Lost it around "Tusk." Even did an album called "Go Insane."

Christine McVie: Does not answer phone. Will only talk to old friends on phone. She's developed social phobia.

Billy Burnette: In general, he's a goofball. Probably not "crazy," but why all the country albums? This guy is an average country/rocker, but has rockabilly god potential.

Dave Mason: I think Dave lost it around '78 or so. Still talks about playing with Hendrix. Still talks about wanting to get back with Traffic. Still coked out of his mind.

JOHN GRAHAM McVIE: Sure, he's taken the 13th step a few times, but he's never been the guy in the band who's going to make people roll their eyes.
There's more than 'insanity' as a common thread. They're all amazing musicians! Is there a link between the two, maybe..?
Old 09-13-2004, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Has he got some sort of disease? How can any human being say the same thing every night of a tour that lasts a year & a half? Think up any sentence -- anything at all -- & imagine saying it every night for a year & a half. Wouldn't you go nuts? Wouldn't everyone around you go nuts? Wouldn't they think you had some particularly insidious case of Tourette's Syndrome?

How does Kristen cope? When they get up in the morning & she asks him what he wants for breakfast & he says, "Our journey has been a long one, but the point is, we're here," what does she do? "Uhhh . . . yeah . . . "

There's no other conclusion to be drawn: it is freaky. In fact, in the freaky department, Lindsey easily gives Stevie a run for her money. He can't talk extemporaneously -- the way the rest of us talk -- anymore. He's the Stepford Guitarist. Or some sort of alien life form -- perhaps an interstellar worm -- has lodged itself in his cerebellum.

And Mick is out there selling ... WINE?! This band is a doozy. These people are so much more screwed up today than they ever were on cocaine & pot. They make their former selves look like models of behavioral normalcy & mental clarity.
Post of the year, right here!