The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know about you all, but I have no interest in seeing this because I KNOW that ticket prices will absolutely be RIDICULOUS!!!!! And I am totally not for that.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Um, is this true? I thought they did a bunch of outdoor stadium shows together that summer in '76.
You are correct sir. I believe one of those concerts
took place in New Orleans.

And I agree with LukeA on this one, I don't think it's
going to happen.

I can't imagine Henley with his ego would open for anyone.
And I hope Lindsey wouldn't cave on this either. But then
again.........there were rumours about a Cyrus/Mac Tour.
Wonder what happened with that?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This better not happen, at least anytime soon. Let's get some new material to promote and NOT give Stephanie Lynn Nicks another reason to bitch about a tour.... if you think it is awkward to tour with one ex, imagine that times four. DUMB IDEA, even if she's on great terms with all the Eagles.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. This is bad. I really hope Fleetwood Mac values their CAREERS enough to keep from going in this direction.... they're not going to be music artists to me when they stop recording, throw the towel in for good and say, "let's run around and play all the songs everyone has heard five thousand times because its safe."
Old 12-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Registered

It all boils down to the question of whether Eagles + Fleetwood Mac = Rolling Stones, in terms of the fan interest/box office receipts... because the only way ANY number of stadium dates (let alone an arena tour? Give me a f'n break) make any sense is if they can get at least 20,000 people to buy $250+ tickets- in other words, a $5M head start. How many markets could pull that off for this double-bill? I can think of 5-6. Stadium gigs have huge overhead costs- whether you're running a U2-sized spectacle or you're Bruce Springsteen.

If the Eagles & Fleetwood Mac both reunited 1995ish and went on a stadium tour... now we're talking. At this juncture, both Eagles & Fleetwood Mac have oversaturated the market to the point where even the once-in-a-lifetime pairing of these two acts wouldn't kick up enough interest/dollars to facilitate even the CONVERSATION of whether they could pull it off or not ego-wise.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just dont think this will happen either. I love the Eagles.I saw their Hell Freezes Over Tour at Giants Stadium in 94, wooooooooow, fantastic. So it has nothing to do with them. I think I would just rather it be two different experiences then put together into one package. Besides if Stevie thinks the Mac is a boy's club now without Christine, forget about it!
Old 12-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I see both the egos and the $$$$ TOTALLY prohibiting this!!!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour? Say it ain’t so!
By Chris Coplan on December 14th, 2009

Go ahead and say this out loud: “Yeah, I’m going to see Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles next week”. You’ve always wanted to say it and now that musical fantasy could be making its way to a stadium near you, and in no time at all.

According to LiveDaily.com, the proposal for the tour has been submitted to stadium and arena operators and promoters across the country for a U.S. summer tour. While nothing is definite, given the recent success of U2, who were able to pack 70,000+ seat venues, and the likes of Madonna and The Police, things look promising. Plus, this is the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac we’re talking about!

The tour would see the band take on baseball and football stadiums, either in single or multiple nights. If you know your music history, the two have only ever played together once, on July 25, 1976, at Schaefer Stadium in Foxboro, MA. The Eagles had just released their now-iconic greatest hits album and Fleetwood Mac were touring behind their second eponymous album, with Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham, who at the time were new members! There’s a little rock history for you.

In other news, Fleetwood Mac recently finished up a European tour in November and saw the re-release of its own greatest hits package, The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac, in October. Meanwhile, The Eagles last toured in July 2009 (though they do have three dates already scheduled next April), and their Wal-Mart-only issued Long Road Out of Eden, their first studio album since 1979’s The Long Run, stormed the charts in 2007, working off of singles “How Long” and “Busy Being Fabulous”. Needless to say, these two acts “still got it.”

We’ll keep you updated once the tour stops teasing us and delivers some actual dates.

The Eagles 2010 Tour Dates:
04/16 - Hollywood, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
04/17 - Hollywood, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
04/18 - Hollywood, CA @ Hollywood Bowl

http://consequenceofsound.net/2009/1...ay-it-aint-so/
Old 12-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Uh oh...

Looks like its going to happen!!!!

http://pollstar.com/blogs/news/archi...14/701778.aspx

I dont care what anyone says. I actually looking forward to this!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kill me now. Just kill me now. I don't even have the energy for this.

Michele
Old 12-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77 View Post
Why? Because they quoted a glorified speculative focus group survey? Show some discretion before making such foolish assumptions.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm half and half on this. One I would REALLY REALLY loooooooooove to see The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac together cause I LOVE The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac and it would be an AMAZING concert!! Could you imagine the collaberation on some songs?!?! BUUUUUUUT seriously stadiums?!?! Given that it will probably give more seats so it wont get sold out super duper fast but seriously the prices will be INSANE!! Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles= BUNCHA DIVA'S!! Dont they know their fans arent all well off w/ money?!?! Especially in this economy.

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 12-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
Could you imagine the collaberation on some songs?!?!
Let's get real here - there won't be any collaboration. That's the problem for me. I've seen both The Eagles & Mac doing their hits; don't know if I need to see them do them again unless they mix it up a bit & play on eachother's tunes or something. Not going to happen.

My priorities have changes immensely in the past year or so & there's no way I'm plunking down hundreds to see them again, with or without The Eagles. If this actually occurs, AND if something new happens with the show itself, AND if they come within 2 hours from here I might get some nosebleed tix.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Ledgie

I can see it. With members from both bands crossing over and playing in harmony with the other. Remember, HARMONY is one of the components that make these bands great. Perhaps there will be a new single or two, duets vocally and guitar-wise...come on folks, open your hearts and minds. The world needs this kind of energy.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't care how expensive the tickets are, I will be there with bells and whistles on.
I definitely hope this happens.

Eeeeeeeeek! Hahaha it is quite comical though for Stevie being up there with so many ex-lovers.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Dream pairing eyed for stadiums
LiveDaily (owned by Ticketmaster)

A dream tour of the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac has reached the proposal stage.
If this was the surprise that Mick was talking about, I'd like to grab him and cut off his ponytail. It's more of a nightmare than a surprise. Michele