Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
The roses were all there from pre show.

Not sure why LB had to say that about American Horror. Total taking jabs at Stevie. Seriously - she kept this band relevant on her own for a long time. They would not be here today like this without her. Should cut her some slack.
and here we go again - another cycle of the same argument?! whatever "like this" means. so sure, i'll bite!

when SN poo-poos the rest of the band like she did in her RS interview basically portraying them as jealous old f*rts, that's characterized as good PR, perpetuating drama fueling their popularity.

when she poo-poos on LB's producing her songs publicly instead of telling him straight what she doesn't like and fixing it while still in the process, that's apparently great too.

yet others in the band cannot ever be behaving or saying anything that perpetuates the "drama" and should cut her some slack? i guess Christine shouldn't have blown her whistle when gypsy intro went too long either?

that said, looking at them on that stage, and camaraderie and enjoyment between the other 4 FM players, especially when you are on the side of the stage, i sometimes can't help but feel really bad for Stevie. at some shows, she looks so unhappy to be there, and almost like she's there alone among the rest of them who are together in a whole another dimension and level of understanding between them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-15-2015, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll try to be as thorough as possible with my post, but once it's over it all becomes a blur doesn't it?

Let me just start off by saying that I haven't been feeling well this past week, have this nagging cold and tiredness that won't go away (had it since last Sunday) which significantly put a damper on my mood. I was also taking cold medicine and that left me feeling out of the loop and both tired and awake at the same time. Not a good feeling.

I didn't run into the traffic problems that others did, except for when we were in the vicinity of Allstate, the ramp going into the parking lot was jammed which was understandable. When we left though it was a nightmare trying to get out.

Can't believe though that when my mom and I finally got in that I stumbled into Erin Brown in the bathroom! Was not expecting that and was not expecting her to recognize me either, but she did! *waves*

When we finally got to our seats was when I became disappointed. When I bought the tickets I had been really excited to be in Row AA because it was the first row in that section and I thought "Great, I won't have any obstructions in my way! Perfect for videoing and taking pics!" No, we were practically in the floor section with no elevation and I'm a really short person so throughout the night I had to maneuver so I could see between people's heads.

Plus, I didn't like that there was this seating fiasco going on between people who were supposed to be in Section 114, but that section didn't seem to exist. Management had to keep coming over and were trying to figure out where to sit these people that had these phantom seats. They ended up moving a row of chairs and moving two people down a few seats.

Sec. 113, Row AA.

Other than this, the show was awesome. I'm still partial to the United Center as a venue because I believe it has a better sound system and a better overall seating style. When I went there back in October, I sat in the back for my first show, and even though we were on a riser, I could see pretty clearly the entire stage even when sitting and standing.

--I loved when LB was doing an intro, can't remember which one, might have been "Big Love" when all of a sudden, a group of people in the 200 level screamed really loud and he said "What's going on over there?" or something to that effect.

--The AHS jab was funny too. "This song is not on American Horror Story."

--The funniest part for me though was right after he finished IKINW, and he just flat out started screaming into the mic. It wasn't his usual "Ohhh yeaaah!" My mom and I were both cracking up and luckily I got that on film.

--I missed getting a pic of LB and Chris hugging like I had gotten at the two Chicago shows last year. Everyone seemed to run off that stage after it was over and I couldn't make my camera take pics fast enough.

Anyway, here are some of my favorites from last night:

And the rest are here: https://plus.google.com/u/1/photos/1...39398321373937
Old 02-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think that comment was necessarily meant as an insult. That was part of his intro to Big Love, and since that's all about how the song has transitioned to a positive, he might not want it in that show (for the record, I am a fan of the show). He might not even know anything about the show, just the title and is going off that.

Here are my pics from last night-

http://s47.photobucket.com/user/Mont...?sort=2&page=1

I particularily liked these two-

Erin, I liked the Lindsey bumping into John one as well! I wanted to get one but didn't have the angle.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
I don't think that comment was necessarily meant as an insult. That was part of his intro to Big Love, and since that's all about how the song has transitioned to a positive, he might not want it in that show (for the record, I am a fan of the show). He might not even know anything about the show, just the title and is going off that.

Here are my pics from last night-

http://s47.photobucket.com/user/Mont...?sort=2&page=1

I particularily liked these two-

Erin, I liked the Lindsey bumping into John one as well! I wanted to get one but didn't have the angle.
Love your LB pics! The one where he's walking away after giving them roses is great! You were a lot closer than I was.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
The roses were all there from pre show.

Not sure why LB had to say that about American Horror. Total taking jabs at Stevie. Seriously - she kept this band relevant on her own for a long time. They would not be here today like this without her. Should cut her some slack.
But where were the roses during the concert? They wheel the piano in for Songbird at the end. Were they on stage the entire concert?
Lindsey is being Lindsey. It was a joke which I think is very funny. Its a bit passive aggressive but still funny! I think his hug to the audience was in response to Stevie's coldness to him giving her a rose. Like hey....I tried so I did not get a hug so I will hug the audience...bye!
Old 02-15-2015, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the pics! Also, I think he's more than aware of the show. From an interview with Ryan Murphy in October 2013:
She’s not a witch, but she has an attraction to those mystical creatures because they’re fun to write about. So she gave me the rights to her music and she and Lindsey Buckingham are working on a special sort of redo of a song they did about a witch.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 02-15-2015, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAngel86 View Post
Love your LB pics! The one where he's walking away after giving them roses is great! You were a lot closer than I was.
Thanks! I love the one you have of Christine and Stevie smiling during Tusk.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
But where were the roses during the concert? They wheel the piano in for Songbird at the end. Were they on stage the entire concert?
Lindsey is being Lindsey. It was a joke which I think is very funny. Its a bit passive aggressive but still funny! I think his hug to the audience was in response to Stevie's coldness to him giving her a rose. Like hey....I tried so I did not get a hug so I will hug the audience...bye!
not sure whether the roses that were on the piano were on it the whole show, someone who was there will need to chime in; but here is one of Erin's photos from before the show started, where roses are in vases all over the stage:

https://www.facebook.com/31670818169...type=1&theater

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can't believe though that when my mom and I finally got in that I stumbled into Erin Brown in the bathroom! Was not expecting that and was not expecting her to recognize me either, but she did! *waves*
What a small world. I can't believe it.

Love your pictures. Thank you for posting them.

Michele
Old 02-15-2015, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
thank you both for sharing - love the pics and the reviews!

Old 02-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
when she poo-poos on LB's producing her songs publicly instead of telling him straight what she doesn't like and fixing it while still in the process, that's apparently great too.
Or when she mocks Lindsey, like in the FM documentary where she made fun of him doing his Tusk vocals and she said they told him to do another take and he did them just as silly as he had the first time, that's GREAT hilarity.

I mean, I thought it was very funny. But if Lindsey had mocked Stevie vocals like that, people would want him hung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
that said, looking at them on that stage, and camaraderie and enjoyment between the other 4 FM players, especially when you are on the side of the stage, i sometimes can't help but feel really bad for Stevie. at some shows, she looks so unhappy to be there, and almost like she's there alone among the rest of them who are together in a whole another dimension and level of understanding between them.
Well, I haven't seen as many shows as I would want, so I can't really say, but actually, to me, Stevie looks a lot happier, bouncier, goofier and playful this tour than she has ... well than she ever has on an FM tour that I've seen, to be honest.

But I agree with you in a way. I think Stevie stands apart from what John, Christine and Lindsey are experiencing together. Hard to say with Mick, though. I don't think he and Stevie are necessarily divided emotionally. They do have a camaraderie, even if it's just making faces at each other. They do seem bonded and familiar to me.

Michele
Old 02-15-2015, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I often stalk people in the bathroom. Hi Sierra!

The roses were put on her piano before Songbird. They took them from one of the vases. The roses were put on stage in vases before the show, during the m&g to be precise.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:27 PM
Ledgie

There were roses all around the stage. Christine had a large vase right next to her. I was sitting on her side so I had good sight lines.

And I do remember after Mick's drum solo when they all started coming back out, Christine was mouthing the words to the World Turning sample and pointing to the ground. It was pretty adorbs.

Also during Tusk, Stevie had to fix Christine's accordion strap.

About the AHS comment, it got a pretty good laugh. So I thought it was a good joke...nothing bad IMO. It was in the delivery of the line.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Queenie View Post
There were roses all around the stage. Christine had a large vase right next to her. I was sitting on her side so I had good sight lines.

And I do remember after Mick's drum solo when they all started coming back out, Christine was mouthing the words to the World Turning sample and pointing to the ground. It was pretty adorbs.

Also during Tusk, Stevie had to fix Christine's accordion strap.

About the AHS comment, it got a pretty good laugh. So I thought it was a good joke...nothing bad IMO. It was in the delivery of the line.
How cool. I would love to see a video of Stevie fixing the strap
Old 02-15-2015, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks! I love the one you have of Christine and Stevie smiling during Tusk.

I love it too! Maybe this is right after she fixed her accordion strap as someone mentioned on here?