Stevie Nicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYv7qSDIRRY
Old 01-18-2017, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/ce...-a3442501.html

Where to even begin with this....

First, everything she talks about has to do with money. Remember the good old days when she used to talk about being such a prolific songwriter, how she wrote because she had all these stories to tell, blah blah blah. Now she flat out says her impetus for writing is knowing she can put the song (s) out on the market and sell them. If no one wants to pay for them, screw it. Think of how many of her demos are cult classics and have inspired new generations of artists? Nope. Not the point.

Second, the reason for not making an album? Oh, our old friend, money. Or in this case (again), not enough. You have to split things 5 ways in a band, people. And giving money to those other 4 cuts her share. And she ain't having it any more. Besides, it won't sell anyway (see #1 above).

Third, I love how the new album will be great because CHRISTINE is so inspired. Can't manage to cough up a hairball for Lindsey.

Fourth, there's no one she'd rather be onstage with than Tom. Yet she thinks the best thing for FM to do is go on tour....why, if you'd rather be onstage with Tom? Refer back to #1 and our old pal, MONEY.
Yeah, that is a full-blown mess of a response. She sounds so mercenary it's embarrassing. Streaming is NOT the reason she isn't making new music. She DOESN'T HAVE A SONG LEFT IN HER!

Oh, and there's no one she'd rather be onstage with than Tom Petty? That's a pretty petty dig at her own band.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:54 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yeah, that is a full-blown mess of a response. She sounds so mercenary it's embarrassing. Streaming is NOT the reason she isn't making new music. She DOESN'T HAVE A SONG LEFT IN HER!

Oh, and there's no one she'd rather be onstage with than Tom Petty? That's a pretty petty dig at her own band.
Thank you! Both of you. I sadly have to agree.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/ce...-a3442501.html Full text:
Stevie Nicks says she does not think Fleetwood Mac will make another album together — because they are “not 40” any more.

The singer, 68, believes the band are more likely to focus on touring and doubts they will ever record a follow-up to 2003’s Say You Will.

She said: “If the five of us were to get together to make a record it would take a year, which is what it always takes us.

"It would be a whole year of recording, then press, then rehearsal, and by the time we got back onto the road, it would be heading towards the second year, and I don’t know whether at this time it’s better for us just to do a big tour.”

Nicks said: “It’s every single penny we make divided by five, so the expense of making a record, which is huge, and then to get back on tour ... we are not 40.

"We have to take that into consideration — how long can we do tours that are three-hour shows? Would you rather spend a year in the studio or get back on the road? I think that the band would choose to tour.”

Nicks, who is focusing on her solo career, is also reluctant to make new music.

She said: “I don’t write as many songs any more because with the internet, the way that kids listen to music, all the streaming, and the fact that if they’re very savvy, if they want to get it and not pay for it, they can.

"It goes against the grain of our whole belief in, ‘You write a song, you record it, and you put it out there and people should buy it’.

"We realise it’s not our world any more and the younger kids don’t look at it like they’re taking from us... we don’t have the impetus to write 20 songs because we know that unless you’re under 20 you’re not going to sell many records.”

She is not involved with the new album by McVie and Buckingham, which is not a Fleetwood Mac record.

She said: “I’m sure it’s going to be great, because Christine is super-inspired. I’m really happy for them.”

On July 9, Nicks will support her old friend Tom Petty with his band The Heartbreakers at Barclaycard Presents British Summer Time in Hyde Park.

She said: “I’m the girl who always wanted to be in his band and he’s always the one who said, ‘No, no girls allowed.’ There’s just no one else I’d rather be on stage with than Tom.”

Where to even begin with this....

First, everything she talks about has to do with money. Remember the good old days when she used to talk about being such a prolific songwriter, how she wrote because she had all these stories to tell, blah blah blah. Now she flat out says her impetus for writing is knowing she can put the song (s) out on the market and sell them. If no one wants to pay for them, screw it. Think of how many of her demos are cult classics and have inspired new generations of artists? Nope. Not the point.

Second, the reason for not making an album? Oh, our old friend, money. Or in this case (again), not enough. You have to split things 5 ways in a band, people. And giving money to those other 4 cuts her share. And she ain't having it any more. Besides, it won't sell anyway (see #1 above).

Third, I love how the new album will be great because CHRISTINE is so inspired. Can't manage to cough up a hairball for Lindsey.

Fourth, there's no one she'd rather be onstage with than Tom. Yet she thinks the best thing for FM to do is go on tour....why, if you'd rather be onstage with Tom? Refer back to #1 and our old pal, MONEY.
Exactly! All her excuses come back to money. That's all she cares about:
Old 01-18-2017, 05:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel bad for the interviewers. You know they want to ask her why she's not on the album, but were told ahead of time that question was off limits.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-18-2017, 07:00 AM
NotonRodeo
This message has been deleted by NotonRodeo.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, so it's not a Fleetwood Mac album and it's called BuckinghamMcVie. But isn't every member but Stevie on the upcoming album? I have always been a diehard Stevie fan, but this has really upset me. Who cares if you're not 40 anymore, Doesn't it take less energy to record than to be on stage for 2 hours?
And yes, I have every demo she probably has done, but I also have spent my hard earned money buying everything she has put out and going to every tour she has done. I don't like her basically blaming us for why she doesn't want to do new music. If you don't want to record with Fleetwood Mac, then don't be in Fleetwood Mac. If you just want to tour, like an oldie act, then leave Fleetwood Mac and just tour on your own. I'm surprised the other group members don't force her out, but I believe it is about the money. Stevie brings in fans. It's a disservice to long time fans. Very disappointing.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 01-18-2017, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After giving this some more thought and reading all the posts from the "newer" Fleetwood Mac fans to folks like me that have been following them for years, I believe this album should be a Fleetwood Mac album. 4/5 of the band is on it and Stevie decided to sit this one out period. Put aside all the solo side to this story and the obnoxious bashing aside. When asked why Stevie isn't on it in interviews respond and move on to discuss the music and why this album is being released. This band has 50 years of history with a diverse past. If Mick and John are on it.......its FLEETWOOD MAC!
Old 01-18-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:

But I thought she and Lindsey still loved each other.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

it's weird:
  • i don't want to record with this band
  • i don't like to be on the stage with this band

and yet: i MUST tour with this band! i insist on staying in this band!?

why?

either way... as long as it's all done and decided, and she somehow doesn't change her mind at this past-the-return point and decide to participate in the album after all which would set it back about 3 years at least, who cares what she says. i hope BM album is really coming out in may.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 01-18-2017 at 12:28 PM..
Old 01-18-2017, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think there's been a dynamic shift between Stevie and Lindsey. I think Lindsey has really decided to not engage in any kind of conflict with her. She might not be aware of it, but I wonder if she actually needs that conflict with Lindsey. As she said about the '09 tour, it's not that they didn't get along, they just were not close. I think that friction is a huge part of their closeness, the tug of war.

Based on Lindsey's lack of comment on anything regarding this album and it's delays, I think he's done with the drama. Not worth the trouble, hassle, or causing issues across the rest of the band. He's joked for years about being labeled the troublemaker, I think this time he's not taking the bait and refusing to stir the pot.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's weird:

why?

either way... as long as it's all done and decided, and she somehow doesn't change her mind at this past-the-return point and decided to participate in the album which would set it back about 3 years at least. i hope BM album is really coming out in may.
$$$$$$$$$ that's why
Old 01-18-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
it's weird:

why?

either way... as long as it's all done and decided, and she somehow doesn't change her mind at this past-the-return point and decide to participate in the album after all which would set it back about 3 years at least, who cares what she says. i hope BM album is really coming out in may.
$$$tevie Nicks

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-18-2017 at 12:34 PM..
Old 01-18-2017, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I think there's been a dynamic shift between Stevie and Lindsey. I think Lindsey has really decided to not engage in any kind of conflict with her. She might not be aware of it, but I wonder if she actually needs that conflict with Lindsey. As she said about the '09 tour, it's not that they didn't get along, they just were not close. I think that friction is a huge part of their closeness, the tug of war.

Based on Lindsey's lack of comment on anything regarding this album and it's delays, I think he's done with the drama. Not worth the trouble, hassle, or causing issues across the rest of the band. He's joked for years about being labeled the troublemaker, I think this time he's not taking the bait and refusing to stir the pot.
you are definitely right on Lindsey being done with the drama, pretty sure about that.

who knows, you might be also right on Stevie actually needing that drama for inspiration. she did say she has not been creating, in that interview.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-18-2017, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you are definitely right on Lindsey being done with the drama, pretty sure about that.

who knows, you might be also right on Stevie actually needing that drama for inspiration. she did say she has not been creating, in that interview.
Well... I wonder... They are labeling themselves Buckingham McVie... This whole enterprise must irk her, which I can only imagine provides him more drive.

I AM JUST SPECULATING HERE

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.