User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-09-2019, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think it really upset her. But maybe it wasn't the album itself. Maybe it was how Lindsey talked about the album. Did he bring up the fact that it was a Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie? I didn't get a chance to read all those articles at the time. Maybe Stevie wouldn't have cared if the album had been framed as a real Buckingham + McVie album, a side project. But if Lindsey said it was a Fleetwood Mac album with a missing Stevie, she might be mad about that. It paints her in an unfortunate light: a songwriter who can no longer write.
Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Now David, he never said that. Lindsey and Christine tried very hard to frame their album as a duet, saying things like oh we just naturally thought of bringing Mick and John in to work on our album, not because it was Fleetwood Mac, but because they're just a great rhythm section.
yup, they bent over backwards to appease Stevie. and we all jumped on them for lying because Mick was very clear back in 2014 and 2015 that Fleetwood Mac was working on new album, that Lindsey and Christine already had bunch of songs recorded and that they are all hoping that Stevie will finally join them, eventually.
Quote:
Stevie told me. She pointed at Lindsey's face and silently mouthed the words "It was him" and then, "see? That smirk!"

to people who don't pay attention to our friend secret love here, he loves to stir sh*t and to do that usually takes extreme positions, in one or the other camp, alternating between the camps he supports or dislikes. he's equal opportunity that way.

similarly Phil from Oz seems to hate the whole world for the last few years, and loves to bash everyone including all FM band members and everyone on this board.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-09-2019, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I actually thought those lines were about the deaths of his father and brother. In his world they wouldn't have died and he wouldn't be left with things he wished he had told them while they were still alive.
I do not think he would describe his father and brother as dancing, spinning, dreaming.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I do not think he would describe his father and brother as dancing, spinning, dreaming.
The fact that Lindsey said in 2013 that Sad Angel, It Takes Time and Miss Fantasy were ALL about Stevie Nicks, leads me to speculate that In My World, which was first cut with Mick and John in 2012 at the same time as the three EP tracks he wrote... is also about Stevie Nicks.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup, they bent over backwards to appease Stevie. and we all jumped on them for lying because Mick was very clear back in 2014 and 2015 that Fleetwood Mac was working on new album, that Lindsey and Christine already had bunch of songs recorded and that they are all hoping that Stevie will finally join them, eventually.

to people who don't pay attention to our friend secret love here, he loves to stir sh*t and to do that usually takes extreme positions, in one or the other camp, alternating between the camps he supports or dislikes. he's equal opportunity that way.

similarly Phil from Oz seems to hate the whole world for the last few years, and loves to bash everyone including all FM band members and everyone on this board.
Yes I named my account after a Stevie Nicks solo song, but I fell in love with Fleetwood Mac as a band before I even knew the name of their lead singer. So it upsets me greatly that they have disbanded the Rumours 5, but at the same time, I am very angry when Ledgies accuse "that woman" of causing Lindsey's heart attack, as that is BOLLOCKS. Without trying to draw too long a bow, saying she caused the heart attack would be a little like me blaming my ex-girlfriend for my bipolar affective disorder diagnosis.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes I named my account after a Stevie Nicks solo song, but I fell in love with Fleetwood Mac as a band before I even knew the name of their lead singer.
You know, they don't have "A LEAD SINGER". They have THREE people who sing lead. But thanks for playing...
Old 03-09-2019, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why not? I think everyone would be "dancing, spinning, dreaming" in a perfect world.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You know, they don't have "A LEAD SINGER". They have THREE people who sing lead. But thanks for playing...
Technically they have four now unless Mike's song gets dropped. Trimming set lists has been a bad habit for decades.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Technically they have four now unless Mike's song gets dropped. Trimming set lists has been a bad habit for decades.
This be the Rumours Forum.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Why not? I think everyone would be "dancing, spinning, dreaming" in a perfect world.
Why miss the opportunity to say “swimming”?
Old 03-09-2019, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am tired of hearing about Stevie’s alleged abortions in this context. If you want to discuss abortions further, do it in Chit Chat.

I do not think the questionable Vox interview or the cat is out of the bag comments are off limits. They have been discussed ad nauseum in the Stevie forum. But enough of throwing abortions out there as proof of what an awful person she is. Make your points some other way.
did I miss something? What is the 'cat is out of the bag" comment??
Old 03-09-2019, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
did I miss something? What is the 'cat is out of the bag" comment??
I took "cat is out of the bag comments" to be a reference to when Stevie did that interview and so to speak let the cat out of the bag that she had terminated several pregnancies in her not so recent past.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
It’s more like petty reasons by a petty old lady who is lonely and miserable.
Well... *was* lonely/miserable. In all honesty, I don’t think I’ve ever seen the woman happier. Anyone else who has gone to see this tour notice how upbeat she is? I’ve seen her (and the rest of FM) many, many times. And for the last few years, it’s almost always been from the very front row (was one of the girls they’d bring up to LB’s mic stand for the 2013 tour & OWTS tour). I’ve seen her look pretty f’in miserable at times, she isn’t great at hiding it. I’m sure it was not always due to Lindsey. I remember once we were front row for one of those early morning talk show concert tapings and she just looked absolutely unpleasant and grumpy the whole time, clearly wasn’t his fault, she was just exhausted. Hell, there were even some 24k gold shows I thought she seemed bored/tired/unhappy. But sometimes it was clear she was annoyed with LB specifically. You look at that rolling stone article from last tour when he’s pounding on the walls and sending representatives to tell her to turn her music down, and she’s just rolling her eyes and bitching about how she never wants to be nextdoor to Lindsey’s hotel room ever again. There were also times on that tour where he would be talking to us girls at the front and not listening to her talking, which she would react to in a very visually annoyed fashion (on a couple of occasions she’d call him out verbally - once literally just saying “are you even listening to me?”). It’s probably an equal part “because of Lindsey”/“because of other sh*t” ratio when it comes to the causes of her grumpiness the last few tours.

However, this tour is something else. I remember coming home from one of her shows years ago with a good friend. We watched her set from Woodstock 98 when we got back and we just kept saying to one another “damn what happened to *this* Stevie?” (I think her joy that night was more based on some kinda intoxicant than anything else lol, but still that was just a kind of happy smiley silly Stevie we hadn’t seen in ages). Me & that same friend just returned home from the current tour and we both agreed that for the first time in a long time, it felt like we had *that* Stevie back. The Stevie with the infectious smile who actually seems to think of the show as “fun” and not “work”. Honestly, everyone seems like they were having a ton of fun. Even Chris. And especially Mick.

I don’t really know what that means. Maybe Stevie’s really vengeful and is just invigorated and overjoyed that she finally “won” the battle of FM. Maybe it’s less dark than that and she’s just really having fun bringing her good friend Mike with on tour. Maybe everybody else just seems so happy because they’re used to a miserable Stevie, and when she’s happy it makes their lives easier and more fun. I suppose it’s also entirely possible that LB really was a kind of toxic presence in the band (or just toxic when combined with Stevie) and it’s a more carefree, peaceful atmosphere now with less drama.

I don’t claim to know what they’re thinking. And i’m sad that LB got the short end of the stick and is battling all these severe health issues. That being said, it did feel kinda nice to see the band having so much fun and Stevie actually being pleasant and joyful. Was kind of refreshing. I do hope the band and LB eventually mend fences though. This kind of split is not how I envisioned the band’s final years.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Well... *was* lonely/miserable. In all honesty, I don’t think I’ve ever seen the woman happier. Anyone else who has gone to see this tour notice how upbeat she is? I’ve seen her (and the rest of FM) many, many times. And for the last few years, it’s almost always been from the very front row (was one of the girls they’d bring up to LB’s mic stand for the 2013 tour & OWTS tour). I’ve seen her look pretty f’in miserable at times, she isn’t great at hiding it. I’m sure it was not always due to Lindsey. I remember once we were front row for one of those early morning talk show concert tapings and she just looked absolutely unpleasant and grumpy the whole time, clearly wasn’t his fault, she was just exhausted. Hell, there were even some 24k gold shows I thought she seemed bored/tired/unhappy. But sometimes it was clear she was annoyed with LB specifically. You look at that rolling stone article from last tour when he’s pounding on the walls and sending representatives to tell her to turn her music down, and she’s just rolling her eyes and bitching about how she never wants to be nextdoor to Lindsey’s hotel room ever again. There were also times on that tour where he would be talking to us girls at the front and not listening to her talking, which she would react to in a very visually annoyed fashion (on a couple of occasions she’d call him out verbally - once literally just saying “are you even listening to me?”). It’s probably an equal part “because of Lindsey”/“because of other sh*t” ratio when it comes to the causes of her grumpiness the last few tours.

However, this tour is something else. I remember coming home from one of her shows years ago with a good friend. We watched her set from Woodstock 98 when we got back and we just kept saying to one another “damn what happened to *this* Stevie?” (I think her joy that night was more based on some kinda intoxicant than anything else lol, but still that was just a kind of happy smiley silly Stevie we hadn’t seen in ages). Me & that same friend just returned home from the current tour and we both agreed that for the first time in a long time, it felt like we had *that* Stevie back. The Stevie with the infectious smile who actually seems to think of the show as “fun” and not “work”. Honestly, everyone seems like they were having a ton of fun. Even Chris. And especially Mick.

I don’t really know what that means. Maybe Stevie’s really vengeful and is just invigorated and overjoyed that she finally “won” the battle of FM. Maybe it’s less dark than that and she’s just really having fun bringing her good friend Mike with on tour. Maybe everybody else just seems so happy because they’re used to a miserable Stevie, and when she’s happy it makes their lives easier and more fun. I suppose it’s also entirely possible that LB really was a kind of toxic presence in the band (or just toxic when combined with Stevie) and it’s a more carefree, peaceful atmosphere now with less drama.

I don’t claim to know what they’re thinking. And i’m sad that LB got the short end of the stick and is battling all these severe health issues. That being said, it did feel kinda nice to see the band having so much fun and Stevie actually being pleasant and joyful. Was kind of refreshing. I do hope the band and LB eventually mend fences though. This kind of split is not how I envisioned the band’s final years.
Well of course she's happy. She engineered Lindsey's firing and is now in
complete control of Fleetwood Mac and is the first woman to be inducted in the R&RHOF twice for f*#ks sake.

Old 03-10-2019, 04:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Well of course she's happy. She engineered Lindsey's firing and is now in
complete control of Fleetwood Mac and is the first woman to be inducted in the R&RHOF twice for f*#ks sake.
Some fans just act plain dumb sometimes. "She engineered Lindsey's firing and is now in complete control of Fleetwood Mac" Give me a break!

Do you really think STEVIE NICKS is in complete control of Fleetwood Mac? Have you forgotten about someone called FLEETWOOD and someone called MAC-vie?

Stevie was only able to see Lindsey get fired because of Mick Fleetwood's agreement, and John McVie's ambivalence. If John had taken a stand, and his ex-wife had backed him up, saying something like "the McVies will quit Fleetwood Mac if Lindsey is not reinstated"... then Lindsey would most definitely have been reinstated.

Blaming Mick and Stevie is the easy way out for fans of Christine and John. Let's face it, they are equally culpable. Yes Christine sent Lindsey a very kind hearted email apologising for what happened, but does that absolve her of all responsibility? I think not. And John sent Lindsey an email, too, saying simply "I am told that I cannot talk to you"... how cowardly is that?

"Well I've been afraid of changing... cause I, I built my life around you. But time makes you bolder. Children get older. And I'm getting older, too." Doesn't that sum her up? She built her life around Lindsey. And it nearly killed her. Something snapped. Like a child, she issued her ultimatum. A seventy year old child, having a temper tantrum.
But, it never would have been possible without the agreement of Mick, the ambivalence of John, and the weakness of Christine.

Hm, would it have killed her to throw in a line about Lindsey, if she couldn't bring herself to dedicate the whole song to him instead of a 12 year old bassist? That said, she looks even happier and more radiant in the 2019 version of Landslide than the 1997 version. Sure, she does look 20 years older in the 2019 clip. And her blonde hair ages her more than the brunette locks of The Dance. But she looks sad in The Dance. In An Evening With Fleetwood Mac, she sings Landslide almost joyously.

Last edited by secret love; 03-10-2019 at 04:44 AM..
Old 03-10-2019, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post

Like you said, I think the rest of the band is happy because they don't have to deal with bitchy Stevie, and there's no more bitchy Stevie because Lindsey's not there. I don't think the Brits care very much how to make her happy. If the only way to accomplish that is to fire Lindsey, then fine by them. That's how I perceive all of them right now. Whatever it takes to make her happy. It's truly her band now. They're all at her mercy now.

I think Stevie and Lindsey's relationship was and will always be toxic. So she's certainly happier now that he's not there anymore. But a part of me wonders what's gonna happen once the tour is over. I mean, you did all of this just to be happier while on tour? You ruined a 50+ years family relationship just to be happier on your last tour? Really?

She's clealy not thinking straight or she was faking it all these years. I think at this point of this mess all Lindsey cares about is to understand her reasons and to end his years in a civilized way with all of them, but especially with Stevie. This is more than just a band relationship, at least to him. F*ck the band and f*ck the tour.

But unfortunately, you can't underestimate Stevie's hate for Lindsey. And he learnt it the hardest way.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.