The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Good luck, Brian. I'll pray. 4 lbs a month is definitely do-able, so I'm sure she can accomplish that. Don't forget about unrefined coconut oil. I found this little snippet, take it or leave it of course.
Bless your family, Brian.

"There is one fat that diabetics can eat without fear. That fat is coconut oil. Not only does it not contribute to diabetes, but it helps regulate blood sugar, thus lessening the effects of the disease. The Nauru people consumed large amounts of coconut oil for generations without ever encountering diabetes, but when they abandoned it for other foods and oils the results were disastrous.

As mentioned earlier in this chapter, coconut oil puts less of a demand on the enzyme production of the pancreas. This lessens the stress on the pancreas during mealtime when insulin is produced most heavily, thus allowing the organ to function more efficiently. Coconut Oil also helps supply energy to cells because it is easily absorbed without the need of enzymes or insulin. It has been shown to improve insulin secretion and utilisation of blood glucose.15,16 Coconut oil in the diet enhances insulin action and improves binding affinity compared to other oils.17,18 The Journal of the Indian Medical Association has reported that Type II diabetes in India has increased as the people have abandoned traditional oils, like coconut oil, in favour of polyunsaturated vegetable oils which have been promoted as "heart-friendly." The authors comment on the link between polyunsaturated oils and diabetes and recommend increasing coconut oil consumption as a means to prevent diabetes.19

One of the consequences of diabetes is a lack of energy. This is due to the inability of cells to get needed glucose. Without the glucose to power cellular activity, metabolism slows down and the entire body becomes tired.

Exercise has been recommended as a means to help diabetics control blood sugar. One of the reasons exercise is beneficial is that it increases metabolism. A faster metabolic rate stimulates increased production of needed insulin and increases absorption of glucose into cells, thus helping both Type I and Type II diabetics.

Another advantage of increasing metabolism is that more calories are burned. Coconut oil raises metabolic rate causing the body to burn up more calories and thus promote weight loss. Yes, you can actually lose excess weight by adding coconut oil to your diet. The MCFA in coconut oil are sent directly to the liver for conversion into energy and not into body tissues as fat. (See Chapter 10 of "The Healing Miracles of Coconut Oil" for more details on the weight-loss effects of coconut oil).

If you are a diabetic or borderline diabetic, consumption of most fats should be avoided. Coconut oil, on the other hand, is different. Because it helps stabilise blood glucose levels and aids in shedding excess body weight, it is probably the only oil a diabetic should eat. "

I'm wondering how the hell I lost my favorite yoga tape. I only have one TV, it's stationary. It's not like I was out weeding the yard with the damn thing. growlmumblegrowlwhatthef*xgrowl.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-20-2007, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: under beautiful desert skies of the Tri-cities in WA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
about Deb's visit today with our doctor "Doogie Howser". He is very concerned her type 2 diabetes is worsening and she may need to start doing insulin injections.

He also mentioned looking into either a stomach staple or stomach band if push comes to shove to lessen the stress her body is suffering through from the affects of the diabetes, and Debbie does not want to undergo another surgery.

If she can drop 4 lbs a month (12 lb.s by her June appt.) by changing her lifestyle/diet the threat of surgery and insulin injections will lessen - So pray for her ok? I dont/won't ask for anything else this goddamned week.

She is definitely in my prayers.

My mom was diabetic so I know what you are going through.

So I close my eyes softly
Til I become that part of the wind

♥Debra♥
Old 03-20-2007, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
about Deb's visit today with our doctor "Doogie Howser". He is very concerned her type 2 diabetes is worsening and she may need to start doing insulin injections.

He also mentioned looking into either a stomach staple or stomach band if push comes to shove to lessen the stress her body is suffering through from the affects of the diabetes, and Debbie does not want to undergo another surgery.

If she can drop 4 lbs a month (12 lb.s by her June appt.) by changing her lifestyle/diet the threat of surgery and insulin injections will lessen - So pray for her ok? I dont/won't ask for anything else this goddamned week.
Hope all goes ok Brian... you def have my prayers!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If there's any way she can reduce her stress that will help her lose weight. Stress has a way of rewiring the body to hold onto extra weight. Maybe she can work less (gasp) or get into some meditation/yoga. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'll keep you both in my thoughts.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
someone rearended me at a stoplight yesterday...I am in hellapain.
omg hope you are ok!

hey brian... praying for you and your family, as always.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm about to go to our conference room for a Hoola Hoop contest...winners receive stress toys.

It's employee appreciation week here with a tropical theme...on Friday...we're having Mai Tai's and catered lunch...yes, alcohol is being served to us..at work.

I LOVE my job....
Old 03-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I love your job too. Wouldn't work out real well if they gave us booze at my job. Interesting, but disasterous.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
omg hope you are ok!

are you....talking to yourself???

anyway-brian-I will definitely keep deb in my thoughts
Old 03-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
^ I love your job too. Wouldn't work out real well if they gave us booze at my job. Interesting, but disasterous.
Well it's not so smart with mine....get toasted, go on the air...so what if my newscast is a bit slurred

I won a rubbery-yo-yo thing that lights up...lots of fun...if I had stress at work I'm sure it would help relieve it.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Hope your alright...

Quote:
someone rearended me at a stoplight yesterday...I am in hellapain.
and I hope the dumbass that hit you has insurance.

At this moment I'm thinking about an auction eBay that I am going to try to win tomorrow (An Iron Maiden 14 CD set - including 10 rare as hell UK released bonus cd's w/B-sides for a total of 24 discs - Maybe 'someone' outside this existence of reality will help me out, "She" knew my love for Iron Maiden) and minor details of attending the Stevie/"Eye-sack" (I think everyone who has used the name "Eye Sack" should pay me $1 for each mention since I was the first to post that name - So pay up!!!!) show.

Last edited by estranged4life; 03-20-2007 at 03:23 PM..
Old 03-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

right now I'm heading to bed. damn weather change has me sick again so I took the afternoon off.

and by "took the afternoon off" I mean....my boss sent me home because he didnt' want to get infected
Old 03-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Being a lazy bastard.

I slept in and have been thinking I ought to sweep the driveway and go to the gym for the last 3 hours. But here I sit in my thermals posting.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

organizing my collection of Marilyn Monroe pictures...
Old 03-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
organizing my collection of Marilyn Monroe pictures...
OMG you are Gay McGayerson.

Love it.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.