The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Her excuses are SO lame and don't hold any water. LAME! Christine and Lindsey aren't 40 anymore and they ARE in the freaking STUDIO making a record. You just don't want to do it. Say that! You would only have to be there for your 3 songs and put a couple of backing vocals and that's it. The answer to this whole thing is SHE HAS LOST HER WRITING ABILITY. End of story and she basically says it. She knows just handing over old demos would make her look lazy. ARGHHH!
Old 01-17-2017, 04:40 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
On one hand, I don't want to record new albums because of money. On the other hand, I'm happy my bandmates are doing it.

Good ole' Stevie.
and in all the time she has been bitching the records almost complete she can tour but to play arenas she needs a to be with someone who can sell out
half the arena for her .... how long before she realizes that ( or someone has the balls to tell her )

Last edited by olive; 01-17-2017 at 04:42 PM..
Old 01-17-2017, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Soooooo hoping this is a 'hit'.
Doesn't have to sell loads, just get a lot of attention, critical acclaim and a decent chart placing (come on, its got to be at least top 10).
Then, she'll be changing her mind... 'I think it fitting for Fleetwood Mac to do one last album with all 5 of us'

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-17-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
and in all the time she has been bitching the records almost complete she can tour but to play arenas she needs a to be with someone who can sell out
half the arena for her .... how long before she realizes that ( or someone has the balls to tell her )
An artist that doesn't want to make new art.... Vegas time!
Old 01-17-2017, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
On one hand, I don't want to record new albums because of money. On the other hand, I'm happy my bandmates are doing it.

Good ole' Stevie.
It's unbelievably dumb. It's sad. It's idiotism on a stick.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:14 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
no just an average 'merican..... Surprisingly claims to not get information from the interweb

Last edited by olive; 01-17-2017 at 07:17 PM..
Old 01-17-2017, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
“I’m sure it’s going to be great, because Christine is super-inspired. I’m really happy for them.” - Stevie Nicks on the Buckingham McVie album.
She's such a liar. Saying in the same article that there won't be a new album because it would take a year to record and then saying she's happy for the others on their new album . . .

Does she not realize how full of crap she is?

Quote:
http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/ce...-a3442501.html

now they need to bring in Rick and Billy and make a kick ass Record and tour
I still think Billy and Rick could do an amazing Peter Green-era opening set.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-17-2017, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
She's such a liar. Saying in the same article that there won't be a new album because it would take a year to record and then saying she's happy for the others on their new album . . .

Does she not realize how full of crap she is?

Or she is going into her second childhood.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I think she just spews out words in hopes of forming a sentence. Doesn't care what it means, mind you. But, a sentence nonetheless.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sorry, but she sounds ungrateful, bitter, mean spirited, patronizing and jealous, all poured into the trollbitch interview from hell.
That woman will never forgive Lindsey that he rather works with Christine.
But who would blame him after reading that interview?
Old 01-17-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I'm sorry, but she sounds ungrateful, bitter, mean spirited, patronizing and jealous, all poured into the trollbitch interview from hell.
That woman will never forgive Lindsey that he rather works with Christine.
But who would blame him after reading that interview?
I know!! That interview was so wonderful to read. Like old friends from years back. Just bringing their powers together, to give themselves and their fans a gift.

No mention of money, or 20 year olds, or cashgrab tours, or having to work for a year.. she's such an ingrate.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was also pretty surprised by that interview, I just now read it. I've always considered myself pretty level-headed and not biased in any direction when it comes to how I view these people, but she really rubbed me the wrong way a few times there.
She sounds so....bitter? I don't know what the word is. I wonder if there's something going on with her that's making her so grumpy.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:55 PM

What 20 year olds does she think want to steal her music?
Old 01-17-2017, 09:05 PM
Ledgie

My dream is for this album to actually sell way more than anticipated so Stevie can choke on her words. I also just love how she insinuates this is a band decision to only tour and not record new material. And when has she ever spent a year in the studio with anyone? She also gushes over Christine being inspired and how it will be wonderful but not a peep about Lindsey. If she has that much contempt for him, she needs to leave and stay gone. Let her go play Vegas with Elton and Cher. I have lost a lot of respect for Stevie since Christine's return. She comes off so disingenuous. RIP, Fleetwood Mac.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/ce...-a3442501.html Full text:
Stevie Nicks says she does not think Fleetwood Mac will make another album together — because they are “not 40” any more.

The singer, 68, believes the band are more likely to focus on touring and doubts they will ever record a follow-up to 2003’s Say You Will.

She said: “If the five of us were to get together to make a record it would take a year, which is what it always takes us.

"It would be a whole year of recording, then press, then rehearsal, and by the time we got back onto the road, it would be heading towards the second year, and I don’t know whether at this time it’s better for us just to do a big tour.”

Nicks said: “It’s every single penny we make divided by five, so the expense of making a record, which is huge, and then to get back on tour ... we are not 40.

"We have to take that into consideration — how long can we do tours that are three-hour shows? Would you rather spend a year in the studio or get back on the road? I think that the band would choose to tour.”

Nicks, who is focusing on her solo career, is also reluctant to make new music.

She said: “I don’t write as many songs any more because with the internet, the way that kids listen to music, all the streaming, and the fact that if they’re very savvy, if they want to get it and not pay for it, they can.

"It goes against the grain of our whole belief in, ‘You write a song, you record it, and you put it out there and people should buy it’.

"We realise it’s not our world any more and the younger kids don’t look at it like they’re taking from us... we don’t have the impetus to write 20 songs because we know that unless you’re under 20 you’re not going to sell many records.”

She is not involved with the new album by McVie and Buckingham, which is not a Fleetwood Mac record.

She said: “I’m sure it’s going to be great, because Christine is super-inspired. I’m really happy for them.”

On July 9, Nicks will support her old friend Tom Petty with his band The Heartbreakers at Barclaycard Presents British Summer Time in Hyde Park.

She said: “I’m the girl who always wanted to be in his band and he’s always the one who said, ‘No, no girls allowed.’ There’s just no one else I’d rather be on stage with than Tom.”

Where to even begin with this....

First, everything she talks about has to do with money. Remember the good old days when she used to talk about being such a prolific songwriter, how she wrote because she had all these stories to tell, blah blah blah. Now she flat out says her impetus for writing is knowing she can put the song (s) out on the market and sell them. If no one wants to pay for them, screw it. Think of how many of her demos are cult classics and have inspired new generations of artists? Nope. Not the point.

Second, the reason for not making an album? Oh, our old friend, money. Or in this case (again), not enough. You have to split things 5 ways in a band, people. And giving money to those other 4 cuts her share. And she ain't having it any more. Besides, it won't sell anyway (see #1 above).

Third, I love how the new album will be great because CHRISTINE is so inspired. Can't manage to cough up a hairball for Lindsey.

Fourth, there's no one she'd rather be onstage with than Tom. Yet she thinks the best thing for FM to do is go on tour....why, if you'd rather be onstage with Tom? Refer back to #1 and our old pal, MONEY.