User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
At some point that absolutely needs to happen. Right now is probably not the time.
And a good time would be when??? Next week? Next month? Next year? When there are only 4 members of the band left?
Old 11-18-2014, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
And a good time would be when??? Next week? Next month? Next year? When there are only 4 members of the band left?
Closer to the time when they'll actually be able to go into the studio

They're almost eight months out from completing the dates that are currently scheduled. There could be more. But, they realistically don't have time between now and then to go into the studio, so why press the issue now?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Y'all are getting yourselves worked up into such a rage over this, and nearly all of it is completely speculative. No one knows what Nicks thinks, or what the band is thinking, other than:

1. We have great songs we want to put out. We hope Stevie will join in. (band)
2. I'm not sure how I'll feel about doing a Mac record after the tour. (Nicks)

That's really ALL we know. We don't know a thing about Nicks supposedly peeved about McVie "stealing the spotlight," or that she's "ungrateful" to the band, or anything at all like that.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Closer to the time when they'll actually be able to go into the studio

They're almost eight months out from completing the dates that are currently scheduled. There could be more. But, they realistically don't have time between now and then to go into the studio, so why press the issue now?
What exactly will they be doing April and May? Yes they need to recuperate but they don't need that long. It would be an ideal opportunity to spend time in the studio. Problem is, by the sounds of it Christine & Lindsey don't need to spend much time in the studio. Sounds like what they've done is done.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but maybe they're working this all up themselves?

Maybe they want to get the fans and press interested again by making it seem like Stevie's not sure about the album to stir up some controversy. Besides, what is FM without a little controversy?

Everyone freaks out about the possibility there won't be a new album for a few months and then BAM - > they surprise everyone with an announcement. Stevie agrees to record, Christine is still back, they bring in Rick Rubin, etc. etc. Later there's a tease of them recording on instagram. Before you know it there's a ton of hype.

A boy can dream, haha

Last edited by pauls90; 11-18-2014 at 05:27 PM..
Old 11-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post

Maybe they want to get the fans and press interested again by making it seem like Stevie's not sure about the album to stir up some controversy. Besides, what is FM without a little controversy?

Everyone freaks out about the possibility there won't be a new album for a few months and then BAM - > they surprise everyone with an announcement. Stevie agrees to record, Christine is still back, they bring in Rick Rubin, etc. etc. Later there's a tease of them recording on instagram. Before you know it there's a ton of hype.

A boy can dream, haha
meanwhile we wait for 6th or 7th year already. i don't care if anybody is stirring this for hype, but if they are, they've been at it since 2009. sorry, that's a bit long.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
meanwhile we wait for 6th or 7th year already. i don't care if anybody is stirring this for hype, but if they are, they've been at it since 2009. sorry, that's a bit long.
And what happened back then? Didn't Mick want to get the band together and maybe go in the studio after the tour? And what did Stevie say? " No new music" and the she started recording a solo record and took 3 yes three years off from FM if history repeats its self that puts the next Mac outing in 2019.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post

A boy can dream, haha
That seems to be all Dave Stewarts doing so unless he is playing a major role in the next FM record I don't see any of that happening
Old 11-18-2014, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And what happened back then? Didn't Mick want to get the band together and maybe go in the studio after the tour? And what did Stevie say? " No new music" and the she started recording a solo record and took 3 yes three years off from FM if history repeats its self that puts the next Mac outing in 2019.
or Nicks can be thrown out this year and we can have several FM albums in fast succession, with or without tours. it is very clear now to anybody who wants to use their brain she has been stalling them since SYW (possibly even since her first solo album).

of course i need Linds back solo asap, but he seems to be determined to see through what he started with Chris... and Mick and John. seems like a good idea.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-18-2014, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That seems to be all Dave Stewarts doing so unless he is playing a major role in the next FM record I don't see any of that happening
despite LB's assertions from years ago, when he first wanted to do new album, at this point i would be shocked if DS becomes involved with this FM album.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
or Nicks can be thrown out this year and we can have several FM albums in fast succession, with or without tours. it is very clear now to anybody who wants to use their brain she has been stalling them since SYW (possibly even since her first solo album).

of course i need Linds back solo asap, but he seems to be determined to see through what he started with Chris... and Mick and John. seems like a good idea.
And have them loose out on the rest ( 2015) of the "Christine's back super mega cash grab never ending oldies tour"... Mick will never let that happen. I wonder what "Plan B" is should one of them quit or be fired during a tour.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And have them loose out on the rest ( 2015) of the "Christine's back super mega cash grab never ending oldies tour"... Mick will never let that happen.
by "this year" i mean 2015 (we are almost there!). obviously they are all under contract through the end of the tour, just like Chris couldn't join them in the middle of 2013 one.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
What exactly will they be doing April and May? Yes they need to recuperate but they don't need that long.
They'll each probably take a month off, followed by a week of practicing on their own and a week or two full band rehearsals, and will get to Europe a week or so before the shows start to adjust to the different time and to maybe get another rehearsal or two in.

Quote:
It would be an ideal opportunity to spend time in the studio. Problem is, by the sounds of it Christine & Lindsey don't need to spend much time in the studio. Sounds like what they've done is done.
It sounded to me like there was more work to be done, especially on the vocals on Christine's songs. Right after a tour is probably the worst time to add vocals.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Eh, I can't agree with this. Lindsey was the one who asked for three years off after SYW to focus on his solo work.

Stevie, at least from 1981-1990, seemed to do a good job of balancing the band and her solo career. Lindsey more than anybody was the reluctant one, to the point where Mick threatened to use an outside producer.

All of that being said, I think Stevie has been the one stalling the band since 2009, and her ego has definitely gotten bigger since the reunion.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder what "Plan B" is should one of them quit or be fired during a tour.
I wonder how they'd do the ticket refunds, with so many people paying nearly double face value if not more on sites like Stub Hub.

THE Stephen Hopkins