Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
Well, were the hell is Fantasia? It was just a guess
That was good though. Gave me a good laugh.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Tom Keifer. Don't F with Cinderella David. They're one of the few "hair" bands that actually had some talent. Their more recent stuff is more blues oriented, and pretty good actually. They're great live.

Kip, though, go ahead & tear him up all you want. He's ick.
ITA!!! Kip = ewww. Tom = dude, you rock! I saw them back in the day and they were so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Oh that's very true. However, I think also that there are certain people they want to see go all the way, and more or less foster their rise (with perhaps a FEW criticisms along the way but nothing major) so that they receive more votes than the others. It's so contrived!
Because... they're thin and pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
A quick hair band story for all of you. About 5 years ago or so, my friend and I were eating at a downtown Minneapolis resturant and there was this guy sitting at the table next to us. I knew I recognized him, but I couldnt put a finger on it. Finally I figured it out, it was Steven Pearcy of Ratt. My one frined is a HUGE Ratt fan so after he was finished with his meal I politely asked him if I could have his autograph for my friend. He was very nice and did just that. My friend now has it hanging on his wall at home.
Round and round, what comes around goes around, I'll tell you why why... The band is still together apparently but he is not in it and I heard he is a d*ck. Though apparently was nice on this occasion.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
ITA!!! Kip = ewww. Tom = dude, you rock! I saw them back in the day and they were so good.

Because... they're thin and pretty!

Round and round, what comes around goes around, I'll tell you why why... The band is still together apparently but he is not in it and I heard he is a d*ck. Though apparently was nice on this occasion.
Well, at least I had enough brains to wait ultil he was done eating to ask.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I saw them last YEAR and they were good! Remember how Mark made me go to the "Rock Never Stops" tour?

David - they seem to have marketed Ruben as strictly R&B. I think he does OK, but you almost never hear him on Top 40 radio like you do Kelly or Clay. Fantasia - I hear a tune once in a while, but she's mainly R&B too. And they've obviously thrown Carrie straight into country.

These producers aren't dumb, they know what will sell & to what market.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I saw them last YEAR and they were good! Remember how Mark made me go to the "Rock Never Stops" tour?

David - they seem to have marketed Ruben as strictly R&B. I think he does OK, but you almost never hear him on Top 40 radio like you do Kelly or Clay. Fantasia - I hear a tune once in a while, but she's mainly R&B too. And they've obviously thrown Carrie straight into country.

These producers aren't dumb, they know what will sell & to what market.
Well, you certainly know more about that than I do, so thank you for letting me know.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"She's only seventeen
{seventeen}
her daddy says she's too young
but she's old enough for me!"

You just made me vomit, thanks Janet!
No prob. I almost posted a picture of Kip with my post- ha!

Quote:
Tom Keifer. Don't F with Cinderella David. They're one of the few "hair" bands that actually had some talent. Their more recent stuff is more blues oriented, and pretty good actually. They're great live.

Kip, though, go ahead & tear him up all you want. He's ick.
I hung out with the band Cinderella- ha! I know it's one of those things that anyone could just SAY, but really- why would I brag about something like that? I had a friend who auditioned to be their drummer, so we got to hang with them- many years ago. They did get very blue-sy and I thought they were really talented.

You know who else is really great live? Slaughter. Seriously. I saw them a couple of years ago and they were great. The drummer is my one true love. He's still hot, btw.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC

I hung out with the band Cinderella- ha! I know it's one of those things that anyone could just SAY, but really- why would I brag about something like that? I had a friend who auditioned to be their drummer, so we got to hang with them- many years ago. They did get very blue-sy and I thought they were really talented.

You know who else is really great live? Slaughter. Seriously. I saw them a couple of years ago and they were great. The drummer is my one true love. He's still hot, btw.
Oh the guilty pleasures we all have.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC

Fly to the Angels "Heaven awaits you love and flowers bloom in your name". Ahh, Mark Slaughter, LOVED him.

I have been to hair band shows in the recent past too. I went to that Poison/Whomever else one. I think Ratt and someone else. Good times.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down I guess this is truly the day that music died...

Q+PR/AMERICAN IDOL PRESS RELEASE

HOT FROM FOX…

IT’S A BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY WHEN THE TOP 8 FINALISTS PERFORM THEIR FAVORITE QUEEN SONGS ON “AMERICAN IDOL” TUESDAY, APRIL 11, ON FOX

We will rock you when the AMERICAN IDOL Top 8 finalists perform their favorite songs by world-famous British rock band QUEEN on next week’s performance show, Tuesday, April 11 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape delayed) on FOX. Earlier this week, the finalists had a chance to perform their songs with the legendary band at the latest stop on QUEEN's current tour, which features Free/Bad Company vocalist Paul Rodgers. Next Wednesday, after the finalists perform one of QUEEN’s hits, America's vote will be revealed and another one bites the dust on a special one-hour AMERICAN IDOL results show Wednesday, April 12 (8:30-9:32 PM ET Live/PT tape-delayed).

QUEEN came to popularity in the mid-1970s, topping the U.S. charts with singles such as "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" and "Another One Bites the Dust." They were rediscovered by a whole new generation of fans when "Bohemian Rhapsody," Freddie Mercury’s classic rock opus, was featured in the 1992 movie "Wayne's World," taking the song to the Top 10 for a second time. Their rock anthems "We Are the Champions" and "We Will Rock You" continue to be among the most-played tracks in America, both on the radio and at sports stadiums across the U.S., where they are heard over the loudspeaker at practically every major sporting event. In the UK, the band recently overtook the Beatles as the most successful band ever on the UK albums chart.

QUEEN has also influenced the world of musical theater, producing and writing with Ben Elton the hit rock musical “We Will Rock You.” The show is now approaching its fifth year in London’s West End and has spawned productions in Australia, Germany, Japan, Spain, Russia and Las Vegas, with an audience of over 5 million to-date.

QUEEN was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, OH, in 2001, the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2002, and the inaugural UK Music Hall of Fame in 2004, where they were given credit for “jumpstarting the video era.”

QUEEN, with Paul Rodgers taking over for the late, legendary Mercury, are currently in the midst of their first major U.S. tour together, the band's first tour of this country since 1982.

For photos of QUEEN with the IDOL finalists, please go to www.FOXFLASH.com . Go to AmericanIdol.com for all of your AMERICAN IDOL news. Check out the special, behind-the-scenes photos and information on AMERICAN IDOL.
Click here for larger image of Queen + Paul Rodgers and the AMERICAN IDOL Finalists.

----------------------------

I have now lost respect for Mr.May & Taylor with their appearance on this crapfest of non-musical talent & instant stardom without the hard work.

Hey guys, Do not call yourself Queen anymore ok? Queen was/is/will always forever be Freddie Mercury (w/John Deacon on bass).

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 04-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
Q+PR/AMERICAN IDOL PRESS RELEASE

HOT FROM FOX…

IT’S A BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY WHEN THE TOP 8 FINALISTS PERFORM THEIR FAVORITE QUEEN SONGS ON “AMERICAN IDOL” TUESDAY, APRIL 11, ON FOX

We will rock you when the AMERICAN IDOL Top 8 finalists perform their favorite songs by world-famous British rock band QUEEN on next week’s performance show, Tuesday, April 11 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape delayed) on FOX. Earlier this week, the finalists had a chance to perform their songs with the legendary band at the latest stop on QUEEN's current tour, which features Free/Bad Company vocalist Paul Rodgers. Next Wednesday, after the finalists perform one of QUEEN’s hits, America's vote will be revealed and another one bites the dust on a special one-hour AMERICAN IDOL results show Wednesday, April 12 (8:30-9:32 PM ET Live/PT tape-delayed).

QUEEN came to popularity in the mid-1970s, topping the U.S. charts with singles such as "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" and "Another One Bites the Dust." They were rediscovered by a whole new generation of fans when "Bohemian Rhapsody," Freddie Mercury’s classic rock opus, was featured in the 1992 movie "Wayne's World," taking the song to the Top 10 for a second time. Their rock anthems "We Are the Champions" and "We Will Rock You" continue to be among the most-played tracks in America, both on the radio and at sports stadiums across the U.S., where they are heard over the loudspeaker at practically every major sporting event. In the UK, the band recently overtook the Beatles as the most successful band ever on the UK albums chart.

QUEEN has also influenced the world of musical theater, producing and writing with Ben Elton the hit rock musical “We Will Rock You.” The show is now approaching its fifth year in London’s West End and has spawned productions in Australia, Germany, Japan, Spain, Russia and Las Vegas, with an audience of over 5 million to-date.

QUEEN was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, OH, in 2001, the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2002, and the inaugural UK Music Hall of Fame in 2004, where they were given credit for “jumpstarting the video era.”

QUEEN, with Paul Rodgers taking over for the late, legendary Mercury, are currently in the midst of their first major U.S. tour together, the band's first tour of this country since 1982.

For photos of QUEEN with the IDOL finalists, please go to www.FOXFLASH.com . Go to AmericanIdol.com for all of your AMERICAN IDOL news. Check out the special, behind-the-scenes photos and information on AMERICAN IDOL.
Click here for larger image of Queen + Paul Rodgers and the AMERICAN IDOL Finalists.

----------------------------

I have now lost respect for Mr.May & Taylor with their appearance on this crapfest of non-musical talent & instant stardom without the hard work.

Hey guys, Do not call yourself Queen anymore ok? Queen was/is/will always forever be Freddie Mercury (w/John Deacon on bass).
I tend to agree with you on your Freddie point. I just cant imagine Queen without him.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation "Hair metal"...

Quote:
Fly to the Angels "Heaven awaits you love and flowers bloom in your name". Ahh, Mark Slaughter, LOVED him.

I have been to hair band shows in the recent past too. I went to that Poison/Whomever else one. I think Ratt and someone else. Good times.
I would rather listen to it than ANY American Idiotical Idol winners release...And I do!

I saw Ratt & Poison back in 1987...Too bad Joan Jett & the Blackhearts blew 'em both off the stage at that show.

Speaking of Ratt I found their 1983 self-titled EP on CD for $5.00...I could sell it easily on eBay for upwards of $70. For all the crap that was given to the Hollywood bands (I hate that hair-metal term) their music still brings top dollar over any of the other types of RECENT music in re-sale value.

As for Slaughter, Met 'em and thought Mark Slaughter & Dana Strum were the 2 biggest assholes (The other 2 members of Slaughter, the late Tim Kelly & Blas Elias, were however cool) I have ever met from the music world.

Brian "Gotta love the 666 number in my total posts" j.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 04-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I 100% agree with you Brian. Queen ended the day Freddie Mercury died. To call this latest incarnation Queen is a travesty. And having AI sing Freddie's songs is a joke. I'll be very surprised if the whole thing isn't awful.

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 04-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti
I 100% agree with you Brian. Queen ended the day Freddie Mercury died. To call this latest incarnation Queen is a travesty. And having AI sing Freddie's songs is a joke. I'll be very surprised if the whole thing isn't awful.
When they played here in St Paul last week, only about 8000 people showed up. Not good.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I very much doubt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti
if those ****-on-a-stick "contestants" can even think of one single Queen track lyrically without it being the usual songs such as "We Will Rock You" or "We Are the Champions"...Let's see these hacks try to sing "Innuendo", "Breakthru" or "Dragon Attack" (I can tell ya it will be awfully bad...Bad as in Robert Plant's butchering of "Innuendo" at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Show!!! That was a SEVERE travesty!)

Old 04-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
I saw Ratt & Poison back in 1987...Too bad Joan Jett & the Blackhearts blew 'em both off the stage at that show.
Awesome. Yeah, I saw J.J. two years ago at SXSW and she kicked major ass. She is so f'ing good live.

I just wish she'd lose the bleach blonde hair and go back to her "jet" black.