User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

According to Felder's book, revenues weren't split evenly from the outset of the Hell Freezes Over reunion. Glenn and Don told Felder "We can do this without you, so either you accept 1/7 instead of 1/5, or we'll exclude you from the reunion." (the breakdown: Henley - 2/7, Frey - 2/7, Felder - 1/7, Schmit 1/7, Walsh 1/7.) Felder did the math, realized the amount of money he'd still be making, and said yes... thinking to use his leverage once he was in the band to go back to 1/5. He was kidding himself - that didn't happen. He complained, but sucked it up. When they tried to cut him out of some other business deals in 1999 before the release of a new box set and a new tour with the possibility of a new studio album, he made a bigger stink... and they fired him. He did indeed try to beg his way back in but when that didn't work, he sued. They reached a settlement in 2006 for an undisclosed amount.

Since I got most of this from Felder's book, he may be fudging details - who knows.
It's been quite some time, since I read Don's book.
And although Felder is my favorite Eagle, I can't help but think, that he MUST HAVE been some sort of pain in the ass, for it to have come to his firing. Surely it was about more than just money. It almost bothers me, reading his book, that I can't help but think of what he's NOT saying about himself.......if he were the (almost) saint that he portrays himself, how could Glenn have not liked him?

"Hey pal, three more songs, til I kick your ass!" - Glenn Frey
Old 12-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I wonder if there will be meet and greet packages for this tour. I know you could only meet Mick in the Mac packages and Joe in the others.

I remember hearing one time that The Eagles were working on ILAA packages that allowed you to pick the member that you wanted to meet. Interesting.
FM could never do this because Everyone would say STEVIE. All of You know you would, don't try to tell me any different.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
FM could never do this because Everyone would say STEVIE. All of You know you would, don't try to tell me any different.
You don't see Nicks in my name, do you?
Old 12-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You don't see Nicks in my name, do you?
I doubt John is interested in a meet and greet.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I doubt John is interested in a meet and greet.
Wrong McVie. Although I think John's great, and by far, the most down to earth FM member.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, do the members of FM get equal cuts???
Old 12-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
So, do the members of FM get equal cuts???
That's a good one.

Generally speaking, its about 40/30/15/15... SN/LB/MF/JM. At least that's how the SYW tour revenues were split. Stevie continues to require her $175-200K per gig for her services.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

What we heard from people "in the know" at the time was that because Felder was unhappy with the money situation he started causing other problems, like threatening to not show up at the Millennium shows (in his book he says he was ill....I was 4 feet from him during one of the Vegas shows....he was not ill at all), not wanting to participate in recording sessions......and just generally dragging his feet about everything and being a complete pain in the ass. That's why he was fired.......not because of the money. There was a clause in the contract they all signed that said they wouldn't do things to hurt the band. So that's how they got him.

I agree, Felder went out of his way to make himself look good in his book.....really makes you wonder about the guy.........

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's been quite some time, since I read Don's book.
And although Felder is my favorite Eagle, I can't help but think, that he MUST HAVE been some sort of pain in the ass, for it to have come to his firing. Surely it was about more than just money. It almost bothers me, reading his book, that I can't help but think of what he's NOT saying about himself.......if he were the (almost) saint that he portrays himself, how could Glenn have not liked him?

"Hey pal, three more songs, til I kick your ass!" - Glenn Frey
Old 12-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint but I'd definitely want to meet Lindsey!
Old 12-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
That's a good one.

Generally speaking, its about 40/30/15/15... SN/LB/MF/JM. At least that's how the SYW tour revenues were split. Stevie continues to require her $175-200K per gig for her services.
Hey Luke, any idea about WHEN the pay began not being split evenly? I would guess with The Dance.

Edit - OR when Mick was removed as manager?

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 12-24-2009 at 05:28 PM..
Old 12-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
What we heard from people "in the know" at the time was that because Felder was unhappy with the money situation he started causing other problems, like threatening to not show up at the Millennium shows (in his book he says he was ill....I was 4 feet from him during one of the Vegas shows....he was not ill at all), not wanting to participate in recording sessions......and just generally dragging his feet about everything and being a complete pain in the ass. That's why he was fired.......not because of the money. There was a clause in the contract they all signed that said they wouldn't do things to hurt the band. So that's how they got him.

I agree, Felder went out of his way to make himself look good in his book.....really makes you wonder about the guy.........

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com
Yeah, I always figured he HAD to be difficult, or it couldn't have ended like it did. But, I've read so much about Henley being a big pain in the ass, too. Although he's usually nice to fans.
"No one can suck the fun out of a room, quicker than Don Henley" - Glenn Frey

But for me, the reason I was so upset at Felder's firing, was his guitar playing. For me, he just SMOKES Joe Walsh! Joe plays licks like I play. Nothing really special, that really stands out. Don came up with some BRILLIANT solos. BRILLIANT! That's why I hated to see him go.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 12-24-2009 at 05:29 PM..
Old 12-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's a good one.

That makes absolutely no sense.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
David, you know I wouldn't lie to you.
Oh I know Nancy no worries.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's a good one.

I'd always heard that Stevie and Lindsey got an even split, with Mick and John getting less for the SYW tour.

Michele
Old 12-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Ledgie

i thought ticket prices for the FM tour were very over priced, imagine how much for them and the Eagles...yikes