Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by missus View Post
I had to think twice about posting here but I wanted to give you all
my opinion of Carols book.

I was present at a lot of the times she mentions , i.e the Halloween Party
in Hancock Park , the gig in Philadelphia when Lindsey was hospitalized ( I
opened up for them, along with Steve Miller and others), at the Producers
workshop when they were putting od's on Rumors, and also whrn Lindsey was producing parts of "Sentimental Lady" at that same studio(Producers Workshop), in Sausulito during much of the recording of Rumors , at Village
Recorderes studio D when they were doing Tusk many many nights,
at Stevies various houses at different times, at Micks Bel-Air house on Bellagio Rd after the "big" meeting , at Micks "Blue Whale " house in
Malibu when he was with Sara Recor, backstage before they went on , on
their private plane when I was opening up for them and Mick was my
manager etc. etc. etc., backstage when Dennis Wilson was on the road with them.......and on and on.I remeber the "bottle caps" (they were Heinekin caps;-)..... the "bumps" on the fist ( I got 'em too , from J.C.)all of that.
I was around Carol Harris a lot. Let me say that , for me, everything she portrays rings true. I never witnessed any personal violence toward her from Lindsey of course, but having been at a lot of the scenes she describes, I would agree with her recreation of the settings , mood,
and personalities of the people and places as she portrays them.

That's my 2 cents...

Bob Welch
Thank you Bob. I appreciate the angst you probably had in speaking up, but I'm glad you did.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
****, you're quoting two-week old posts. Now I have to think long and hard about what the **** I was talking about again. I'm at work so I don't have the book handy to verify some of the things I am trying to remember. One of the things that struck me as odd was that CAH specifically mentions that while Lindsey was writing songs like Not That Funny he became a little more aggressive, sexually and I guess in general. She elaborates on what the songs are about when she thinks they are about her, like Save Me A Place, but then completely dismisses why Lindsey was behaving the way he was when writing those others songs. We all know the timeline coincides with Stevie and Mick doing the hanky panky and everyone being aware of it, but according to CAH he was indifferent, didn't care at all, that he probably didn't even notice. It's been said by at least 3 different people that Mick sat down at Lindsey's kitchen table at one point and told him about the affair, yet CAH never brings this up either. Where did she suppose those songs came from?

As for Oz and New Zealand. It was blatantly obvious something was going on between Lindsey and Stevie, but CAH only talks about the kicking incident on stage. This was all right around the time that Stevie apparantly went ape-**** on CAH and said that it would be a cold day in hell before she'd let Carol marry Lindsey. Then when Lindsey gets aggressive with CAH, she only talks about herself, what her role was in all of it, and she wonders if she did anything wrong to deserve it. To the reader, it's obvious Lindsey's demons coming out had to do with whatever was going on with Stevie, but once again CAH pretends that she doesn't exist, plays an insignificant part in the 'triangle'. She keeps saying Lindsey was indifferent towards Stevie. Well, obviously he wasn't, but what made him lash out like that?

These are all just things that make it clear to me that CAH turned the story into a certain direction, one that is at the least very one-sided. Which I guess was to be expected, considering this is her book, but it just annoys me because I feel like I am missing huge chunks of the story. Chunks that she left out deliberately and that for me makes it hard to take her book seriously.

I'm in Fleetwood Mac College.

Nah, my mind just really has an endless capacity for useless information. It's scary.
Thanks for the info. I really like to read your posts because you really seem to have a lot of knowledge. I like to chat about FM/Stevie/LB and could do so for hours on end. However, your expanse of info is way greater than mine. Maybe we can chat on AIM and I can ask you some questions about various things I've been wondering about.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
Yes, thanks Bob! Your candor in supporting Carol Harris is much appreciated. Now please share what you know about Carol Ann Harris.

Damn it. Coffee just shot out my nose.
That **** hurts.

I am endlessly amused at the fact that the Mad money is zinging right over the heads.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 07-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
Yes, thanks Bob! Your candor in supporting Carol Harris is much appreciated. Now please share what you know about Carol Ann Harris.
Funny how you disapprove of all the talk devoted to Carol Ann Harris, yet most of your posts are devoted to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post

I am endlessly amused at the fact that the Mad money is zinging right over the heads.
No most of us get it's directed at CAH and that's why he's not putting it in his sig. But that doesn't stop it from being a, annoying and b, not funny.

Last edited by trackaghost; 07-24-2007 at 10:03 AM..
Old 07-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Funny how you disapprove of all the talk devoted to Carol Ann Harris, yet most of your posts are devoted to her.
You have determined this from what, may I ask? Just becasue I pointed out nothing in this book can be authenticated so it is foolish to assume it is truthful, now you assume I disapprove of Carol Ann Harris. Of course you are wrong. Since that goes against your preconceived notions who am I to change your mind?

My not approving of Carol Ann Harris is silly. It would be like my not approving of Harry Potter. Just because he is the man of the moment doesn't mean I have to take him seriously. Afterall, I know fiction when I see it.

Just for you I will leave out my annoying photo.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ she said CAH talk, not CAH. big diff.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post

No most of us get it's directed at CAH and that's why he's not putting it in his sig. But that doesn't stop it from being a, annoying and b, not funny.

Where did she/he say she disapproved of all the talk devoted to CAH? I thought she/he said it was interesting that there was so much talk about CAH and LB, when LB just came off a ten month tour and album release. The way I interpreted the comment was just a question. Why so much time is being spent by fans dissecting the trash novel and little time is being devoted to LB's album and tour...or more importantly, what is going on now in his life/career.

Maybe I misinterpreted but I did not read anything that insinuated she/he disapproved of CAH talk, just that the talk was curious and distracted from other things.

I don't agree about the Mad money but it really doesn't matter. Personally I think it is pretty funny.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 07-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
The way I interpreted the comment was just a question. Why so much time is being spent by fans dissecting the trash novel and little time is being devoted to LB's album and tour...or more importantly, what is going on now in his life/career.
i think plenty of time and energy has been devoted to discussing the album and tour ... but the album was released almost a year ago, it's not exactly foremost in people's minds anymore. same with the tour ... there has been plenty of discussion, and there still is when a poster goes to a show, but what's foremost in people's minds is this book that was released just this month. i don't find it odd that people here would want to discuss an insider's look into one of their favorite bands.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Damn you Carol Ann. Couldn't you have afforded a decent camera instead of an instamatic??? or a Polaroid Swinger?
I think if the pulisher had sprung for some glossy paper and decent art design those pictures would have been much clearer.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Well, I think it will be more than 7 copies. Perhaps members of the band will buy it (and deny buying it), former roadies, associates, etc. Whether one wants to believe what is written in this book, unlike the Sandra book, this one was written by someone who actually knew the band, lived with them and traveled with them. She may have some axes to grind, but at least it's her own first hand account. I have heard the pictures in Carol Ann's book are of poor quality, but fans won't buy it solely for the pictures.
I'm sure some of the band's lawyers got advance copies. All in all, it's her story and I enjoyed the book.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Daya View Post
i don't know but i think fame comes with a lot more than big bucks. from her perspective, fans are interested in the band & what they were doing at the time. it'll make her some cash, sure, but it doesn't sound like she's telling all.
I definitely got the impression she held a lot back.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, it's well written. I cut a lot out because it would involve a LOT of typing. As Dana mentions, Mick totally seems to disregard the seriousness of the moment. She captures it well. He should have been hospitalized.
She did capture it well. The show must go on, I guess.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey has always been a genious in Fleetwood Mac and some want to understand him more. I personally have never quite understood what was behind "I'm So Afraid." I kept thinking WHY is he saying "I'm so afraid of the way I feel." What could be so fearful about feelings. And he wrote that song at such a young age. What could possibly frighten Lindsey about the way he feels? I just couldn't get it. If he is speaking about rage, anger management, maybe a bit of this book and that song make some sense. He has mentioned he's been in therapy.

I don't think it makes a person a "bad fan" to be interested in this book. He wrote the song, "I'm So Afraid." He put it out there. I don't think this book paints Lindsey as an evil person, but there is clearly a Lindsey shown that has anger issues. I think there are shades of Lindsey shown that maybe some don't want to know about. Lindsey speaks of "My Little Demon," "Go Insane . . . as I always do." etc. I think he's expressing something in his lyrics.
They way he does Go Insane live is absolutely haunting. I agree. He's expressing something beneath the surface in those lyrics, something he's grasping at but can't quite seem to fathom. The book gave me a lot of insight to things that didn't really add up for me before.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by missus View Post
I had to think twice about posting here but I wanted to give you all
my opinion of Carols book.

I was present at a lot of the times she mentions , i.e the Halloween Party
in Hancock Park , the gig in Philadelphia when Lindsey was hospitalized ( I
opened up for them, along with Steve Miller and others), at the Producers
workshop when they were putting od's on Rumors, and also whrn Lindsey was producing parts of "Sentimental Lady" at that same studio(Producers Workshop), in Sausulito during much of the recording of Rumors , at Village
Recorderes studio D when they were doing Tusk many many nights,
at Stevies various houses at different times, at Micks Bel-Air house on Bellagio Rd after the "big" meeting , at Micks "Blue Whale " house in
Malibu when he was with Sara Recor, backstage before they went on , on
their private plane when I was opening up for them and Mick was my
manager etc. etc. etc., backstage when Dennis Wilson was on the road with them.......and on and on.I remeber the "bottle caps" (they were Heinekin caps;-)..... the "bumps" on the fist ( I got 'em too , from J.C.)all of that.
I was around Carol Harris a lot. Let me say that , for me, everything she portrays rings true. I never witnessed any personal violence toward her from Lindsey of course, but having been at a lot of the scenes she describes, I would agree with her recreation of the settings , mood,
and personalities of the people and places as she portrays them.

That's my 2 cents...

Bob Welch
Thank you for that!
Old 07-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
They way he does Go Insane live is absolutely haunting. I agree. He's expressing something beneath the surface in those lyrics, something he's grasping at but can't quite seem to fathom. The book gave me a lot of insight to things that didn't really add up for me before.
I soooo think GI has a lot of La Nicks in it. I think the reason he lost his power in this world is that La Nicks and FM were somewhat foreign to him - sadly, they were his power to superstardom. I think CH is in there as well.

But, that is all my opinion and tough titties if no one agrees - though I think Kelly might

save the cheerleader - save the world