User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
These people still have not learned how to sell CDs at their actual CONCERT for some reason. I think they don't know that the people who attend the concert might want to own their music.

Anyway, remember when they gave away those four tracks at the concert for the SYW tour? Maybe they can do something like that again with the last EP. I don't recall what the four songs were from before: Peacekeeper, SYW, SYHA and Thrown Down maybe.

Michele
I'd have to look that as I wayyy too young to really know who Fleetwood Mac are, but yes, that sounds like a good idea. I'd love for bands to do what Bad Company did last year. They recorded the concert, you could buy it on cd after the gig, and it would arrive at your house a few weeks later.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Let's file the EP with Buckingham Nicks CD. They could release that as a bonus to the B/N disk.

Release The New Fleetwood Mac album with new Lindsey tunes. I would love to see another Buckingham/McVie tune. And even a, Nicks/McVie, tune would be new and super cool as well.

............. I dream...
There never has been a Nicks/Mcvie song has there? (not counting The Chain)
Old 01-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I agree about not including the EP songs on the full album. They deserve a physical release, but not like that. Perhaps they can be included on a bonus CD exclusive to Best Buy or Amazon?
And I think when Best Buy, Amazon or Wal*Mart does that kind of thing that they pay for most of the cost of promoting it, so that could help FM, if they don't have a label for the EP tunes.

Michele
Old 01-05-2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
There never has been a Nicks/Mcvie song has there? (not counting The Chain)
No, I don't believe so. Straight Back sounds like a McVie/Nicks tune, but it isn't.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No solo stuff until 2016.

Michele
i can't go for 3 full years without solo. and he promised. it's right there at the end of that cry-ey vid Nicole posted. he said he's working on it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Even if Stevie & Christine don't write something together, I really hope we get a few instances of just their two voices harmonizing with each other. I love those moments in "Rhiannon" and "Straight Back." That should have happened more often.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Even if Stevie & Christine don't write something together, I really hope we get a few instances of just their two voices harmonizing with each other. I love those moments in "Rhiannon" and "Straight Back." That should have happened more often.
I always felt this combo was ignored a bit.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I hope the EP is not an indication of what the album will be like.i feel like the band has followed the exact same pattern twice in their careers. I would compare the dance to rumours, the bands huge commercial successes 20 years apart. Then they follow it up with an adventerous, great album. Say wha you want about 2 solo,albums, not cohesive, where's Christine, but I freaking still love say you will. I like tusk WAY more. I would take out 3 songs from each writer to make it more perfect but it's full of really incredible songs. And call in non cohesive if you must, but I think Murrow next to Illume absolutely sound like they belong on the same album together, and then to follow that up with the classic sounding thrown down is the same concept as having Sara next to wmytyto. How is it any different.

But anyways the third and most annoying part of the band repeating itself, is them being afraid of said experimental album and feeling the need to artificially manufacture their more "fleetwood Mac like" sound. I mean Lindsey basically came out and said that's what he did with his 8 songs. And without you is just Awful. The only silver lining with wy is I'll take the awful song being allowed to be on the EP since it led to the awesome intros on the tour. but just months earlier stevie recorded the wonderful you can't fix this. They wouldn't be going all mirage and try to manufacture a sound. They should just continue on whatever musical path they are going on as individuals and bring that together in fleetwood Mac and see what happens. Lindsey should be doing his one takes and illuminations and Stevie should be doing you can't fix this and moonlight level material, just getting Lindsey's spin on those. And if Christine is thrown in the mix, even better.
I could go for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think your worst fears will very probably become realized.

as you mentioned, Lindsey, but also Christine, have said exactly that: they are going for the safe, classic FM sound. no experimenting. people thought that SYW had too many "weird" songs, same as Tusk, whether or not you or i think of these 2 as post-1975 FM most interesting albums.
I'm very disappointed in Lindsey. He's never fought for the legacy of SYW like he's done for Tusk.

Except for pulling heartstrings with Say Goodbye in the tour set, the rest of SYW has been abandoned by everyone in FM including the producer. Very sad. It may not be their best album to the ears of fans who miss the contributions of Christine, but it has some of the best music Stevie and Lindsey have ever made.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
Say Goodbye in the tour set, the rest of SYW has been abandoned by everyone in FM including the producer. Very sad. It may not be their best album to the ears of fans who miss the contributions of Christine, but it has some of the best music Stevie and Lindsey have ever made.
while i generally agree, when he introduced SG in Vegas as from SYW he paused for a sec waiting if there will be some reaction, and looked a tad disappointed when nothing happened.

also, Come and BTLH were a part of the OMS 2012 setlist.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i can't go for 3 full years without solo. and he promised. it's right there at the end of that cry-ey vid Nicole posted. he said he's working on it.
It's only two years, Elle.

Michele
Old 01-05-2014, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
while i generally agree, when he introduced SG in Vegas as from SYW he paused for a sec waiting if there will be some reaction, and looked a tad disappointed when nothing happened.
That kind of amuses me, but it's sad when compared to the applause Tusk gets and his boyish appreciation of the clapping.

To be honest though, I didn't get the sense that Lindsey was that fond of the album himself, in retrospect. No matter what he felt 10 years ago.

Michele
Old 01-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's only two years, Elle.

Michele
2013, 2014, 2015 - 3 years
(you said no solo before 2016)

following FM for too many years has messed up your math skills.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
2013, 2014, 2015 - 3 years
(you said no solo before 2016)

following FM for too many years has messed up your math skills.
Aha! Right. I wasn't even including 2013 any more. Michele
Old 01-06-2014, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That kind of amuses me, but it's sad when compared to the applause Tusk gets and his boyish appreciation of the clapping.

To be honest though, I didn't get the sense that Lindsey was that fond of the album himself, in retrospect. No matter what he felt 10 years ago.

Michele
i remember thinking how he's not hyping up that SG is from SYW. and then he said it - it's from SYW. and then i thought - see he said it and even *i* didn't react.

i don't know. there were maybe couple of reviews this year that were questioning why is he is talking up Tusk so much and what does he still have to prove.

so in regards to SYW - a) would have been so much better album if it was original GOS1 instead, and b) maybe he just gave up that fight after all the sh*t he had to hear from some of his bandmates after it. the fact they were doing SG on this tour gives me some hope that he didn't give up on that album altogether. but i don't see next FM album being anything like it. same as he said he wouldn't produce [alone] an FM album anymore. life is short; seems he decided to pick his battles and make sure to also enjoy the ride.

that still doesn't make me any less unhappy that he's not hyping up those songs that ended up on SYW more. and it made me happy he was doing Come and BTLH last year. they were certainly among the highlights of that setlist.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:

Michele
Not to worry, the next album will be the best work they've ever done. And the best they've ever gotten along.