Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post

As for the comments about the Classic Shows maybe he shouldn't have said those things but I lost some respect for both them and The Eagles for performing alongside acts like Earth Wind and Fire, Steely Dan, and Journey. None of those acts are IMO on the same level as FM or the Eagles in terms of popularity today.

That's why FM and The Eagles were headliners.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Whew, Kristen can still afford to get the diamond studded name plates for the stalls at the horse farm. Thank goodness for small blessings...
Maybe even build another $20 million spec house...
Old 10-13-2018, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Well...on the upside, at least Lindsey is eligible for unemployment compensation.d
Actually Lindsey would have to file and the state of California would have to rule if he was fired for just cause.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Nope just a little humor like the unemployment comment above it. Should I have called someone a farm animal name, switched out currency symbols for the letters in a name or perhaps made a sweeping statement about how childbirth would have kept someone from being bitter? I can't keep straight who and what we are allowed to joke about.
Boom!
Old 10-13-2018, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I just had this vision of David as Jackie Gleason.
Jackie Gleason was obsessed with aliens. He said when LBJ was president that he showed him some.
Old 10-13-2018, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Agreed. I've hated that SH*T since Mirage! What kind of idiots lap up that inane crap?
I was a sucker for it back when the two of them did that "Say Goodbye" song at his concert.

Other than that, I was more invested in the drama of watching each member compete with the magnificent image of his or her younger self. (My judicial opinion is that they all lost that battle on aesthetic grounds.)

Speaking of the views Lindsey aired of the Classic West shows and about the alleged fallout on the rest of the band and its booking agents and lawyers, isn't it the most fundamental aspect of rock and roll that it rejects (or pretends to reject) conservatism and corporatism? An entire punk and new wave movement grew out of the critique of corporate AOR rock that ossified radio in the 1970s. Lindsey was fired up about that at the time! This is nothing new for him, God only knows. He's been pushing back at the "safe" choices (like the idea of a Rumours II) for fifty years! If the band and its lawyers aren't used to that by now, they're a bunch of numskulls.

Besides, has anyone ever actually demonstrated that rock music's anti-corporate critique has any effect on tickets or on revenue? That's a tenuous, dubious connection somebody's trying to draw. You could just as easily argue (and more believably) that one of the commercial draws of Fleetwood Mac has always been the tension between its commercially safe side and its experimental, inventive side. The rock press has made that clear about the band forever.

Shall we start a list of rockers who have been vocally dismissive of rock-as-business? It would stretch from here to the moon, and would include some of the most popular performers of all time.

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 10-13-2018 at 04:17 PM..
Old 10-13-2018, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I was a sucker for it back when the two of them did that "Say Goodbye" song at his concert.

Other than that, I was more invested in the drama of watching each member compete with the magnificent image of his or her younger self. (My judicial opinion is that they all lost that battle on aesthetic grounds.)

Speaking of the views Lindsey aired of the Classic West shows and about the alleged fallout on the rest of the band and its booking agents and lawyers, isn't it the most fundamental aspect of rock and roll that it rejects (or pretends to reject) conservatism and corporatism? An entire punk and new wave movement grew out of the critique of corporate AOR rock that ossified radio in the 1970s. Lindsey was fired up about that at the time! This is nothing new for him, God only knows. He's been pushing back at the "safe" choices (like the idea of a Rumours II) for fifty years! If the band and its lawyers aren't used to that by now, they're a bunch of numskulls.

Besides, has anyone ever actually demonstrated that rock music's anti-corporate critique has any effect on tickets or on revenue? That's a tenuous, dubious connection somebody's trying to draw. You could just as easily argue (and more believably) that one of the commercial draws of Fleetwood Mac has always been the tension between its commercially safe side and its experimental, inventive side. The rock press has made that clear about the band forever.

Shall we start a list of rockers who have been vocally dismissive of rock-as-business? It would stretch from here to the moon, and would include some of the most popular performers of all time.
tom petty's name would be at the top of the list. people should go back and read his history with his record company.

the one who's always been a management ass-kisser is stevie.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Speaking of the views Lindsey aired of the Classic West shows and about the alleged fallout on the rest of the band and its booking agents and lawyers, isn't it the most fundamental aspect of rock and roll that it rejects (or pretends to reject) conservatism and corporatism? An entire punk and new wave movement grew out of the critique of corporate AOR rock that ossified radio in the 1970s.
Yes but none of them were manged by Irving Azoff. The Eagles were a bunch of malcontents but they loved money. I confused though. Is Azoff still managing Lindsey or did they get a divorce too?
Old 10-13-2018, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
tom petty's name would be at the top of the list. people should go back and read his history with his record company.

the one who's always been a management ass-kisser is stevie.
She infamously fired Azoff 30 years ago.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Agreed. I've hated that SH*T since Mirage! What kind of idiots lap up that inane crap?
The kind of people who believe that £ind$€¥ and $tevie still had something other than money between them. Not too different than people who believe that FM ONLY fired
£ind$€¥ because $tevie wanted him gone.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-14-2018, 10:16 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The kind of people who believe that £ind$€¥ and $tevie still had something other than money between them. Not too different than people who believe that FM ONLY fired
£ind$€¥ because $tevie wanted him gone.
Yeah i agreed with a lot of what you said earlier in this thread, but if you think this lawsuit is solely about money for himself you are just as naive. Lindsey became another casualty of the Azoff machine that has altered so many aspects of the music business (Eagles, Ticketmaster, Live Nation etc). Because he is wealthy Lindsey is pushing back when many artists would not be able to.

The “outside influences” that he speaks of so often have destroyed this band. The music of Fleetwood Mac should be the first priority and it hasn’t been for a long time.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Actually Lindsey would have to file and the state of California would have to rule if he was fired for just cause.
I totally agree.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post

The “outside influences” that he speaks of so often have destroyed this band. The music of Fleetwood Mac should be the first priority and it hasn’t been for a long time.
"In times past, the band has always relied on its center, its heart and soul to work through difficulties as they arose. But now, those around the edges - attorneys, management- have stepped in and rendered that center silent and impotent." -LB.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't know if we should be so quick to take that at face value. I have a feeling Lindsey was doing the old "We're not criticizing the queen; we're criticizing the queen's advisors" strategy, where you place the blame elsewhere in order to keep from alienating those who truly have power.

It obviously didn't work.

Old 10-14-2018, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Who's he an employee of?? IIRC, he's probably a 1099 wage earner and independently employed.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around what a " boutique lawsuit" is?? Never heard such term in the legal community.