User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
lemon-thyme roast chicken, pancetta risotto with brussel sprouts, & raw asparagus & red onion salad & a nice pinot noir! Home cookin' um umm good! If I do say so myself
Sounds awesome!!! Glad I'm not the only one who loves to cook! I put rosemary and thyme in my pork rub, today.
I've got an asparagus patch in my garden, and they should be starting sprout, here in a couple of weeks!

I weigh myself every morning, and as long as I'm within my 5 lb window, I plan a really good dinner. Not necessarily high calorie, but GOOD.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Last night I made Chicken Cacciatore - I love making that because for every slosh of wine that goes in the pan, a bigger slosh of wine goes down my throat I am very nicely whoozy by the time its ready!

We had goosefat roast potatoes with it (man, they go so crisp on the outside) and asparagus spears.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I should just open a restaurant, and be done with it...
Inspired by eating at my friend's BBQ restaurant in TN, on Tuesday, I sort of made my own smoker, today. I put charcoal on one side of the grill, and put mesquite chips and water(wrapped in foil) on top of the coals. I put a rub on a pork steak, wrapped it in foil, and put it on the other side of the grill, away from the heat(my BBQ friend says that slow cooking in the foil, is what keeps it all tender. So it cooked like that, for about 4 hours.....I'm halfway through eating, and damn it's good. I made stir fry vegetables, in green curry sauce, as my side dish.

Yeah, I love to cook, and talk about food!:woohoo:
You don't say
Old 03-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
You don't say

Old 03-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Got back a couple of hours ago from a long leisurely lunch at a country pub.

I had Tempura King Prawns with a garlic & herb dip, followed by Pan Fried Seabass served on a bed of linguine with lobster sauce. It was heaven......

The above was accompanied by a couple of large glasses of Pinot Grigot and I am now all sleepy and ready for bed at coming up for 6 pm !!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Is this some sort of secret language we've got going here?
Old 03-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Is this some sort of secret language we've got going here?
Absolutely. I'll see you at the meeting!

Old 03-20-2011, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Absolutely. I'll see you at the meeting!

Total simplicity for dinner tonight - cheeseburgers!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Total simplicity for dinner tonight - cheeseburgers!
I'm attending a large pitch-in dinner tonight. Even though I love to cook, I'm always nervous about cooking for a large, somewhat critical, group. I guess I should go buy 5 lbs of some "deli thing".....

Sorry, just rambling...to stay on topic, I was told deep fried turkey is the main dish. Gimme a thigh!!! And the gizzard!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm attending a large pitch-in dinner tonight. Even though I love to cook, I'm always nervous about cooking for a large, somewhat critical, group. I guess I should go buy 5 lbs of some "deli thing".....

Sorry, just rambling...to stay on topic, I was told deep fried turkey is the main dish. Gimme a thigh!!! And the gizzard!
Know what you mean - I get quite stressed if cooking for guests.

Plus the fact that most of my time is spent in the kitchen when everyone else is chilling with the el plonko!

Oh yes, and I'm usually so hot that by the time I can join in at the table I am literally dripping, with a face the colour of a baboons butt
Old 03-21-2011, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Tonight I can see myself buried under my weight in textbooks for my Personal Development essay, so scavenging for the last of my Christmas Jelly Beans shall no doubt be my dinner treat
Old 03-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Know what you mean - I get quite stressed if cooking for guests.

Plus the fact that most of my time is spent in the kitchen when everyone else is chilling with the el plonko!

Oh yes, and I'm usually so hot that by the time I can join in at the table I am literally dripping, with a face the colour of a baboons butt
Yeah, I HAD BEEN just going and buying a rotisserie chicken or something, and buying a bottle of wine, and taking that. But I went with making a BIG spinach salad, which actually went over quite well...-
Bag of fresh spinach, mandarin oranges, almond slivers, green onions, red onions(mostly for color), grated(f*ck, I can never remember the brand name) swiss, crumbled feta cheese, balsamic vinegar dressing, and raspberry balsamic vinegar dressing. It was a big hit.

Oh, hosting is the worst! And I got that about 3 times tonight. "David, you have such a great house....you should host big get togethers for all of us!". "Ummmm, I don't have enough parking?!?!"

I host my family, for all of our May-Sept holidaze, so I know all about baboons butt!!!! Although I don't sweat it really, anymore. About 3-4 glasses of wine/beer, and they just don't seem as important, as they once did. "You know where the fridge is.....get it yourself!"
Old 03-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I HAD BEEN just going and buying a rotisserie chicken or something, and buying a bottle of wine, and taking that. But I went with making a BIG spinach salad, which actually went over quite well...-
Bag of fresh spinach, mandarin oranges, almond slivers, green onions, red onions(mostly for color), grated(f*ck, I can never remember the brand name) swiss, crumbled feta cheese, balsamic vinegar dressing, and raspberry balsamic vinegar dressing. It was a big hit.

Oh, hosting is the worst! And I got that about 3 times tonight. "David, you have such a great house....you should host big get togethers for all of us!". "Ummmm, I don't have enough parking?!?!"

I host my family, for all of our May-Sept holidaze, so I know all about baboons butt!!!! Although I don't sweat it really, anymore. About 3-4 glasses of wine/beer, and they just don't seem as important, as they once did. "You know where the fridge is.....get it yourself!"
Your spinach salad sounds FANTASTIC - I'm writing it down and I'm definitely making that thru the summer months
Old 03-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your spinach salad sounds FANTASTIC - I'm writing it down and I'm definitely making that thru the summer months
Thanks, I'm gonna have that again tonight, and I'm sauteing some fake crab meat, with stir fry vegetables, and green curry sauce, over a bit of rice.

I went to three parties, over the weekend, all of which had great food to eat. It's pay the piper, bitch, time now....
Old 03-21-2011, 04:20 PM
CreepingDeath
This message has been deleted by CreepingDeath.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I went to three parties, over the weekend, all of which had great food to eat. It's pay the piper, bitch, time now....
I've been beating up on myself lately because I've been such a sloth all winter long. Although I'm not exactly fat, I felt a little doughey. But going to the beach has made me feel so much better. You could not imagine the visual atrocities I witnessed shoe-horned into a speedo. Even though I was as pale as a dead fish, I felt like the belle of the ball by comparison. It's all relative.