User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-05-2005, 04:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Get over it Jason, she made a error in judgement. If I were him I'd have dealt her one. If I were him I would also have issues with narcissism.
I dont think you can blame Lindsey's narcissism on Stevie
Old 07-05-2005, 04:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryscutter
Thank you!!! Good one and a true statement.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On this board why does everyone have to be either for Stevie or for Lindsey?
Sure Stevie can be a big ole flake, but I think Lindsey can be too.
There does seem to be a tendency for those who love Lindsey to take the piss out of Stevie and for those who love Stevie to constantly criticise Lindsey's actions. I think they're both as bad and as good as each other, myself.

I think in the case of the Bella Donna record incident, Stevie was trying to do something nice but really the gesture was ill-advised and back-fired. I don’t think there’s anything more to it than that personally.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
a google of "joe walsh" "stevie nicks" "howard stern" "road ****" reveals no results. I would like to see the interview though - anyone got a copy?
This was from approximately 1994...I heard it on the radio with my own ears and have pretty much disliked Walsh ever since. Howard was going on and on about how hot Stevie was in the seventies and how she is fat now. Jerk. Anyhoo, Joe laughed her off, totally dismissed her and said she was basically just a "road fuc#". He used those exact words. I was shocked to say the least. No way in Hell was Joe really her greatest love ever...but I am sure he broke her heart the most.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 07-05-2005, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think people take into consideration that they have a love-hate relationship. If they had a hate-hate relationship it would probably be easier on everybody . As much as some want it to be, things are never black and white with those two so it is very difficult for us to figure out what is/was going on. Hell, Lindsey could'nt even define the relationship to Charlie Rose There are always going to be extreme emotions between them. Sometimes they result in brilliance like the Tusk doc performance of Angel and The Dance's Silver Springs other times they result in childish behavior (from both) Like Stevie said they will never be blasé about eachother.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think you can blame Stevie's lack of empathy on Lindsey

Old 07-05-2005, 07:07 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
totally dismissed her and said she was basically just a "road fuc#". He used those exact words.
It's nice to know gallantry is alive and well and living within Joe Walsh.

Gail
Old 07-05-2005, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
I agree with everything you said and point out it also applies just as much to Stevie in this time period as LB. Nobody wants to call that out, especially your "all about me" artist comment. You want to perceive her giving him BD as an act of reaching out, not as an act of it's all about me. That's becasue you see her from the "Stevie wonder" eyes of a solo career fan. I was a fan of her in the band first. I saw her going solo differently at the time. It made no sense to me why she would take that record to an FM session and give it to him like that. If she meant it soley as an act of reaching out, she would have said something about it ahead of time and given it to him privately in a non emotional setting, and then not bitched about it publicly if he didn't behave the way she wanted him to. What was she thinking? My guess is, as usual, Stevie was not thinking, at least not about anybody but herself. It was very insensitive of her not to see how hurtful that was. He didn't say anything bad or mean to her. He just didn't react and left the record behind, according to her. I'd say if that's all he did that day they're both better off. Of course his ultimate reaction in my view was Gypsy, the song that cemented her 80's image in the public mind forever (more than anything she did in her solo career), but nobody sees his work on that as having any merit anyway so...

couple of comments:
I agree that Stevie prob WAS reaching out to LB with the BD album but IMO, Lindsey prob saw that album as the death of a dream and therefore (I imagine) couldnt bring himself to acknowledge it in the way Stevie expected.
Maybe it was insensitive of her to use that particular way to reach out, but people do impetuous things and I think she was understandably proud of her effort (I wont comment on the "sleeping her way to the top" bits, because I give them no more relevance than she apparently has)
As for Joe Walsh being one of her great loves: after what he said on Howard Stearn, all I can say is a huge resounding EWWWWWWWWWw.

Finally, the Gypsy Video is one of my all time favorites, and the look on Lindseys (and Stevies) face during that dance scene says more than any interview could EVER say.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
You haven't read my post. I will be the last one to say that LB was innocent. I'm normally not into fanprojection on the personal life-level (only on the musical ) . i concluded that out of the discussion that is totally subjective and by people that don't know sh*t about what happened between those two. But If you know your ex has been dumped by YOU, maybe for the BEST reasons in the world, I think it's incredible insensitive to give him something you made without him, when you know he's green from jealousy and bitter by this "second break-up". You don't have to be a psychologist to see that it is a big risk in hurting feelings. Even if it said " dear lindsey thanks for guiding me with all your guts to the point where I got the selfesteem to try it on my own, couldn't have done it if you weren't there the last ten years, thanks with love, Stevie" he would read " thanks mate, I'm so famous thanks to you that I don't need you anymore. On a personal level the break-up brought us wealth, no I leave you again and do it all over on the fame-level. Without you".

It's not that Stevie MEANT it that way, but it is incredible stupid to assume he would be proud of you at that moment in time and with their history. I agree, she could NOT have done good in any way at that time. Only by not bringing out a solo-album and stick to the Mac.

I get a little sick by the assumption that I would defend LB in any situation because I'd not. I think he's a touchy, whiney, neurotic and selfindulged prick besides a warm and intelligent human being.
And a genious in his art, yes. Now I want you to be as reasonable about your " La Nicks" as I am about LB, too.

Hello - I have repeatedly said that La Nicks has done some bad things and I think that giving LB this stupid record was a poor choice on her part though I think she meant it in a good way. What more do you want me to say?

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
I don't think you can blame Stevie's lack of empathy on Lindsey
See, there you go again assuming Stevie came from a bad place and did not empathize. That clearly is not the case but people are just so quick to hate Stevie and think she has nothing but bad intentions. Whatever.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

http://www.izpitera.ru/lj/tetka.swf
Old 07-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hell, Lindsey could'nt even define the relationship to Charlie Rose
I chalk that up to Charlie Rose becoming a twat in recent years. He should have pressed him harder on a lot of questions, but Rose has become quite insufferable lately and seems to have lost his way when it comes to conducting interviews. Thankfully Lindsey isn't a woman or else Charlie would have been touching him and staring at his breasts. That man-whore.

Old 07-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
See, there you go again assuming Stevie came from a bad place and did not empathize. That clearly is not the case but people are just so quick to hate Stevie and think she has nothing but bad intentions. Whatever.
No one is assuming she came from a bad place when giving him that stupid record. At least not me; I think she was genuinely excited and it clouded her judgement. I simply think it to be in poor taste considering the situation and it did show a lack of empathy on Stevie's part by giving it to him like that in the first place.

Old 07-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hello - I have repeatedly said that La Nicks has done some bad things and I think that giving LB this stupid record was a poor choice on her part though I think she meant it in a good way. What more do you want me to say?
Well we agree then. I said the same thing. She didn't mean it bad, but did something stupid. Well when I conclude she did not empathize, I mean the same thing as you do. Not empathizing is not something you do on purpose, I suppose.

Old 07-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bull.
a) I was responding to a very dumb remark here.
b) Lindsey's narcism is a fact.
But she loved him AND his narcism for years.And maybe she still does. At least I do. She COULD have anticipated on him being touched in his oh so lightdisturbed pride.
c) I DON'T hate Stevie!!!! I love her for G*d's sake. I'm a Fleetwood Macfan. I travelled the world to see them together, not to see a friggin' buckinghamsoloshow, and I probably won't do that ever.

well. maybe i will.