User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 05:09 AM
Registered

TMI
I have serious inability to sleep properly more now than I have in a long time. I am not overmedicating.
On Saturday, I think, I slept for 25 hours, waking once to pee after about 14 hours, stayed awake five minutes, then slept another 11 hours. I planned ahead, because I knew I had a hibernation due, and pre-cooked meals for my invalid parents, who live a few houses away.
After the sleepathon, I was fortunate to also sleep on Monday and Tuesday, about 7 hours both nights, but at a much later hour than I wanted.
No sleep Wednesday night, it's Thursday morning 5 am now.
I took 2 Tylenol PM at 10pm, so that's 7 hours ago. Nothing, just dry mouth.
For the first time in a week, I skipped the Alprazalam, (Xanax) because I just am tired of how it knocks me out for too long, and makes me sluggish the next day. It's not the reaction one is supposed to have from this anti-anxiety drug, but I do. My doctor says it's good that it does give me sleep, because the sleeping medication most commonly prescribed didn't work for me. I forget the name of the drug now, it works for everyone else.
Maybe if I take half an alprazalam I can get 5 hours of sleep. I need a little, only, but I do need some or I'm not going to be able to do all I needed to do later today.
It's a total pain. Knowing I didn't want to take the Alp, I put it in the glove compartment of my car. And I don't want to go outside to get it.
You see why sometimes I write volumes at night. Dang, good dang- I think I feel the sleep tide coming in, exactly now.- Thank You, The Ledge. I hope so.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-16-2010 at 02:54 PM..
Old 12-16-2010, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Random but my Dad's just been to the bathroom, and I swear to Buddha it's burning my eyes. Even my Cat's squinting in apparent pain. If I didn't know it was down to his medication I'd be concerned *is close to throwing up*.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
We need to have a detailed conversation about this. I'm literally petrified.

Would that be too much TMI for the TMI thread?
I think the general rule of the TMI thread should be 'nothing is TMI'

I imagine it'd be somewhat simpler to be with an circumsised man to be honest. Foreskins freak me out. Lmao. Had a bad experience with my ex wherein something went wrong down there (!) and he ended up in so much pain every time I touched him that I'm now afraid to do it, even with the person I'm currently with :\ not that that seems to bother him much..!

Wouldn't want to put you off though, Dani. You never know, you might like it! (Judging by your previous statements about certain acts, you probably will )
Old 12-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
TMI
because I knew I had a hibernation due
You know, it's funny, because I've had insomnia problems for years. I rarely get more than 6-6.5 hours, if that.
The exception? Now. When it's 10 degrees outside, I completely go into hibernation mode. I don't know if it's because I consciously know that it's too miserable to do anything outside, or what......but I've been sleeping about 11 hours a night(and I could even go longer, if my back didn't start getting stiff, from being in bed for so long). And I freaking LOVE it!!!
I must be part bear, or something....
Old 12-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCharmer View Post
I think the general rule of the TMI thread should be 'nothing is TMI'

I imagine it'd be somewhat simpler to be with an circumsised man to be honest. Foreskins freak me out. Lmao. Had a bad experience with my ex wherein something went wrong down there (!) and he ended up in so much pain every time I touched him that I'm now afraid to do it, even with the person I'm currently with :\ not that that seems to bother him much..!

Wouldn't want to put you off though, Dani. You never know, you might like it! (Judging by your previous statements about certain acts, you probably will )
Hmmmm.... I just had a Google images field day. I must say, I am still slightly frightened but if I don't have to do anything differently, then I'll be okay. The question is that I don't know if you have to treat them differently.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
The question is that I don't know if you have to treat them differently.
maybe check youtube?
Old 12-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anybody here pick at their zits? I have the worst habit of trying to pop every single zit even ones that arent popable. One time I popped a cyst and it got infected and kept oozing out yellow stuff. I had a presentation at work the next day and put a bandaid over it because it was so nasty that there was no way I was going to let anybody see it. After 3 days it healed up just fine but you think I would have learned my lesson after that. Lol my old work buddies still talk about the bandaid incident -ha!
Old 12-18-2010, 12:55 PM
petep9000
This message has been deleted by petep9000.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Does anybody here pick at their zits? I have the worst habit of trying to pop every single zit even ones that arent popable. One time I popped a cyst and it got infected and kept oozing out yellow stuff. I had a presentation at work the next day and put a bandaid over it because it was so nasty that there was no way I was going to let anybody see it. After 3 days it healed up just fine but you think I would have learned my lesson after that. Lol my old work buddies still talk about the bandaid incident -ha!
If they have ANY sort of white head to it, at all, I take a needle, and open it. I've done this my entire life. Somehow, I ended up telling my doctor about this procedure, a few months ago, and she warned me of serious infections, etc, and to never do it again.
I've done it since I was 13, and I would give my complexion a 9.5/10. NO pock marks, or anything. Good skin! And I said that to her!

So that works for me!

Although I should note, that I never had bad acne. About one zit a month, which I still get!
Old 12-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
About one zit a month, which I still get!
Or, every 28 days maybe?

This thread is so absolutely gross!
Old 12-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Or, every 28 days maybe?

Well if it really is his "cycle", then that's just not fair lol considering what we have to put up with. I'd trade mine for a monthly spot any day.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If they have ANY sort of white head to it, at all, I take a needle, and open it. I've done this my entire life. Somehow, I ended up telling my doctor about this procedure, a few months ago, and she warned me of serious infections, etc, and to never do it again.
I've done it since I was 13, and I would give my complexion a 9.5/10. NO pock marks, or anything. Good skin! And I said that to her!

So that works for me!

Although I should note, that I never had bad acne. About one zit a month, which I still get!
Lol i dont feel so bad now. Zits just annoy me like crazy. It really gets me down when I breakout a lot. I had bad skin for years and when I got off birth control pills (I got a clot in my arm and am never allowed to take any hormonal birth control ever again) my face cleared up perfectly. It has been breaking out a little more lately which has led me to constantly pick at it. I am lucky though that I only have 2 scars from all that it has gone through but then again I have had some foto facials and chemical peels done to my face. I sometimes wish I would just stop carrying a mirror with me. There are way more important things in life!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Or, every 28 days maybe?

We guys have hormonal cycles, too. And it's usually almost exactly a month apart. It was the same when I was 15. I've always been a once a month, single zit guy! I feel very lucky to have never been plagued with real acne! Good skin is a blessing.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ugh, skin. Don't even get me started. My skin drives me CRAZY. Everyone tells me I have perfect skin but if you look up close, I really don't. I invest so much of my time and money into getting rid of tiny bumps and they just won't f*cking go away.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ugh, skin. Don't even get me started. My skin drives me CRAZY. Everyone tells me I have perfect skin but if you look up close, I really don't. I invest so much of my time and money into getting rid of tiny bumps and they just won't f*cking go away.
Me, I've generally have good skin, but my only issue is irritation from when I get my eyebrows waxed and for some reason beyond me, I get a huge pimple every time my period is about to start. Anyone here have any idea what causes that?

You can add me on Facebook
Old 12-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
We guys have hormonal cycles, too. And it's usually almost exactly a month apart. It was the same when I was 15. I've always been a once a month, single zit guy! I feel very lucky to have never been plagued with real acne! Good skin is a blessing.
Interestingly enough, I still get one zit a month too, and I'm approaching 30. I thought I was supposed to be DONE with this crap by now! Unfortunately I did have acne as a teen. I never thought I'd be able to clear it up, or erase the scarring. Luckily my first boyfriend's Mother owned a microdermabrasion clinic. Her treatments single handedly cleared up my acne and completely erased any scarring I had.