The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-28-2018, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And how do you guys know all of this about Mick’s spending and allowances? Is it all in his books he wrote? Because I haven’t read any of them. Should I?

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-28-2018, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Mike and Neil have said nothing but glowing things about Lindsey. They’re innocent bystanders in all of this.
I haven't seen anything from Neil--have heard some of what he's said about Lindsey on the FM channel, and yes very respectful.
The took a gig--pure and simple. I don't hold it against them. I do, however, wonder if now they are like "WTF did we get into"
Old 05-28-2018, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
God, I just caught up this read. I'm in Europe.

Love Homer.. why would anyone take his banter personal or seriously is beyond me.

Cheers to the new folks.. cheers to the old timers..
Yeah, taking banter about abortion and Hitler seriously, what were we thinking? Funny stuff! And telling a new person on the Ledge to shut up- that was banter and shouldn't have been taken seriously?

Glad you like Homer, but defending what he said as banter? That's a little like what Jason Bateman said recently. I love you jbrown, I think you're awesome, but if you really think Homer is trying to be funny when he brings up abortion...
Old 05-28-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Yeah, taking banter about abortion and Hitler seriously, what were we thinking? Funny stuff! And telling a new person on the Ledge to shut up- that was banter and shouldn't have been taken seriously?

Glad you like Homer, but defending what he said as banter? That's a little like what Jason Bateman said recently. I love you jbrown, I think you're awesome, but if you really think Homer is trying to be funny when he brings up abortion...
Thanks for the love Bwboy. Not many Stevie defenders like me. Love you back..
Old 05-28-2018, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
And how do you guys know all of this about Mick’s spending and allowances? Is it all in his books he wrote? Because I haven’t read any of them. Should I?
It’s old, but well worth a look.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/1997/11/3...-tomorrow.html

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-28-2018, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
One can understand those electronic drum things he did a while back although that failed, but there was also the wine, the jewelry(!), etc... investments that didn't pay off.
There was jewelry? I must have missed that one.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
One of them is on sale at Barnes and Noble for $6.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
There was jewelry? I must have missed that one.
Well, it was about 15 years ago. He sold it off his official site, IIRC. It was supposed to be African or something. Didn't last long.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Mick better practice up on his answers because he's doing another meet and greet. I would not be surprised if before they start the fans are told "NO LINDSEY QUESTIONS"
Old 05-28-2018, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Thanks for the love Bwboy. Not many Stevie defenders like me. Love you back..
and welcome back!
Old 05-28-2018, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Mick better practice up on his answers because he's doing another meet and greet. I would not be surprised if before they start the fans are told "NO LINDSEY QUESTIONS"
I think the meet and greets/interviews and press they have to do are going to be the most entertaining part of this tour.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I think the meet and greets/interviews and press they have to do are going to be the most entertaining part of this tour.
Agreed, watching them squirm on the hot seat, dodging questions, or turning tail so they doesn't have to face the reality of their 'ugly' actions will definitely warrant breaking out some popcorn.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
At least he's learned he needs to do this. Hopefully it will keep him from going bankrupt yet again.

Rock star: "I can afford to buy seven houses!" Accountant: "Yes, but can you afford years of paying all the property taxes, upkeep, etc. on all those houses in addition to all the other purchases you're going to make? Those houses will wind up costing you a great deal more than their asking price over the years." Rock star: "Er... oh."

I do think another reason he went bankrupt is his tendency to pour money into ill-conceived business ventures. One can understand those electronic drum things he did a while back although that failed, but there was also the wine, the jewelry(!), etc... investments that didn't pay off.
I'd forgotten about the jewelry, but I do vaguely remember it now.

Yeah, with the failed business ventures, three divorces, and his expensive tastes (even Stevie said he loved beautiful things), it's not surprising he's gone broke. I mean, look at all these NBA players who make millions as professional athletes and then end up bankrupt.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]I will find it hard to trust that Elle had a conversation with Rick without some proof. I know you all don't know how trustworthy I am, but I have actually spoken with two sources; one in Lindsey's production team and one in his management team. That's all I can say about that/QUOTE]
This is totally silly.
You keep saying you don't care if people believe you or not. Yet you keep posting about it over and over.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=TheWildHeart67;1229623]
Quote:
I will find it hard to trust that Elle had a conversation with Rick without some proof. I know you all don't know how trustworthy I am, but I have actually spoken with two sources; one in Lindsey's production team and one in his management team. That's all I can say about that/QUOTE]
This is totally silly.
You keep saying you don't care if people believe you or not. Yet you keep posting about it over and over.
Textbook example of a troll (Not referring to you, TheWildHeart67 or Elle): Repetitive posts claiming they know their source is true without offering proof, then turning around and stating they can't trust someone else's source.