User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I can't remember if it's from Don Felder's book, or Take It To The Limit(another Eagles book - I have both), but the author says that Joe is so down to earth, that he usually stayed after the show, and helped pack up guitars and stuff. That he liked just hanging out with the roadies. He liked just being with regular guys.

I get the feeling that John is probably much the same way.
I doubt it would be Felder's book. He pretty much trashes the guys in the book. Yup, Joe is whom Sarah Palin references to in her trademark "Joe the Plumber".

Although, it did cost over $5,000 to meet him in a ILAA package.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
In regards to US sales,
I'm not sure what the value is of singling out U.S. sales. Total sales is what I was interested in. What is the purpose of a U.S.-only sales figure?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

'Cause they're US bands and the tour will be in the US?

My new shock of the thread is that Shania Twain made an album that sold 20 million copies. That's almost as disturbing as FM/Eagles pairing.

Nah, the Eagles tour deal is still far, far more disturbing. Just the title of this thread, 'Dream Pairing' gets me pissed off everytime I visit here. It's so not! It'll be a cash grab with cynicism well before the music or fans. i still believe with Unleashed the fans were in the picture somewhere. Or at least the artists and the music before the money.

To finish by lauding David after I one-linered him, the ex-lovers quote is my new quote for 2009. Amazing.

- Spike
Old 12-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
My new shock of the thread is that Shania Twain made an album that sold 20 million copies.

Indeed.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post

Indeed.
That don't impress you much, huh, MLD?
Old 12-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I've gotten that feeling from Mick and Stevie. Mick and Stevie were very gracious at their book signings and after shows when I waited outside. I can't speak for Lindsey but I'm sure others have experiences, right DavidMN?

And John McVie...I don't know.

I heard Joe is very kind and considerable towards his fans.
I'm not saying they aren't ever nice when face to face with a fan. I guess I just feel they could do more to show fans that they are appreciated.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

I totally agree that as a whole, in general, it doesn't seem like the Eagles really care that much about their fans......but from what I hear there have been arguments within the band about touring without new material (this was before Eden came out, obviously) and ticket prices. Seems some band members have actually spoken up and said prices are too high.

I've met all of the Eagles (Henley more than the others) except Frey and all of them have been very nice and gracious.

I've never met any FM members....just had Stevie stare are me like I was a freak when I didn't want to touch her hand during the Edge Walk during the Two Voices tour.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I'm not saying they aren't ever nice when face to face with a fan. I guess I just feel they could do more to show fans that they are appreciated.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
I've never met any FM members....just had Stevie stare are me like I was a freak when I didn't want to touch her hand during the Edge Walk during the Two Voices tour.

That happened to me too. I don't know if she was looking at me like I was a freak (though probably), but her eyes were questioning. It was like she was saying, "is something wrong?"

Michele
Old 12-24-2009, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
I totally agree that as a whole, in general, it doesn't seem like the Eagles really care that much about their fans......but from what I hear there have been arguments within the band about touring without new material (this was before Eden came out, obviously) and ticket prices. Seems some band members have actually spoken up and said prices are too high.

I've met all of the Eagles (Henley more than the others) except Frey and all of them have been very nice and gracious.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com
Is it true that Glen is a MAJOR germ freak and wont shake peoples hands, and that he also has an all white house in Palm Springs? Also, and you can certainly shed some light on this, I have a friend here in Minneapolis who is a huge Eagles fan, and he's told me that the Eagles are set up like a corporation where there are Voting shares and that Don H Don F and Glen had the 3 voing shares and Tim and Joe were basically "contract players" in the business sense of the band. is that true?

Last edited by DavidMn; 12-24-2009 at 01:18 AM..
Old 12-24-2009, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Is it true that Glen is a MAJOR germ freak and wont shake peoples hands, and that he also has an all white house in Palm Springs? Also, and you can certainly shed some light on this, I have a friend here in Minneapolis who is a huge Eagles fan, and he's told me that the Eagles are set up like a corporation where there are Voting shares and that Don H Don F and Glen had the 3 voing shares and Tim and Joe were basically "contract players" in the business sense of the band. is that true?
Until Don H and Glenn put their foot down(which resulted in the firing of Felder, since he wouldn't agree to the "new deal"), touring revenues were split EVENLY among all 5 members. Don and Glenn realized that they could force the others to agree to make less(they now make 40/40/10/10%, since Felder's out of the picture). Before, it was 5 even 20%'s.
And yes, it's true that after Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner left, that the Eagles "corporation", only consisted of Henley, Frey, and Felder. So even though touring revenues were split evenly, merch and the like, weren't options for Joe and Tim.
Sooo, on one hand, you can't blame Felder, for wanting to go from 20%, to 10. BUT, he never realized that they were gonna can him, if he didn't agree to the deal. He tried to beg his way back in, but what was done, was done(there had been bad blood between Felder and Frey, for years).
Old 12-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if there will be meet and greet packages for this tour. I know you could only meet Mick in the Mac packages and Joe in the others.

I remember hearing one time that The Eagles were working on ILAA packages that allowed you to pick the member that you wanted to meet. Interesting.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

DavidMN: I've never heard that Glenn is a germ freak. From what I understand he's very nice. His Palm Springs house isn't all white. You can see an article about it here: http://www.eaglesfans.com/info/artic...ornia_cool.htm

Homer explained the band structure very well. It is a corporation and Don and Glenn are the sole owners these days. Timothy and Joe are basically contract players.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com
Old 12-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Is it true that Glen is a MAJOR germ freak and wont shake peoples hands
I have met Glenn Frey on several occasions and not only does he shake people's hands, he sometimes hugs 'em and kisses 'em on the cheek. This rumor probably has as much veracity as the rumor that Stevie had roadies blow cocaine up her butt.

As some of you guys may remember, I got to meet all the current members of Fleetwood Mac and talk to Lindsey "off-duty" at a hotel bar in Chicago. None have been as kind to me as Glenn was (although I can't fault them, as they were indeed friendly - just not AS friendly). Lindsey does the hugging and occasional kissing of cheeks too, but Glenn has gone beyond even that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer McVie
Until Don H and Glenn put their foot down(which resulted in the firing of Felder, since he wouldn't agree to the "new deal"), touring revenues were split EVENLY among all 5 members. Don and Glenn realized that they could force the others to agree to make less(they now make 40/40/10/10%, since Felder's out of the picture). Before, it was 5 even 20%'s.
And yes, it's true that after Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner left, that the Eagles "corporation", only consisted of Henley, Frey, and Felder. So even though touring revenues were split evenly, merch and the like, weren't options for Joe and Tim.
Sooo, on one hand, you can't blame Felder, for wanting to go from 20%, to 10. BUT, he never realized that they were gonna can him, if he didn't agree to the deal. He tried to beg his way back in, but what was done, was done(there had been bad blood between Felder and Frey, for years).
According to Felder's book, revenues weren't split evenly from the outset of the Hell Freezes Over reunion. Glenn and Don told Felder "We can do this without you, so either you accept 1/7 instead of 1/5, or we'll exclude you from the reunion." (the breakdown: Henley - 2/7, Frey - 2/7, Felder - 1/7, Schmit 1/7, Walsh 1/7.) Felder did the math, realized the amount of money he'd still be making, and said yes... thinking to use his leverage once he was in the band to go back to 1/5. He was kidding himself - that didn't happen. He complained, but sucked it up. When they tried to cut him out of some other business deals in 1999 before the release of a new box set and a new tour with the possibility of a new studio album, he made a bigger stink... and they fired him. He did indeed try to beg his way back in but when that didn't work, he sued. They reached a settlement in 2006 for an undisclosed amount.

Since I got most of this from Felder's book, he may be fudging details - who knows.

Last edited by sodascouts; 12-24-2009 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 12-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lisa and Nancy, thank you for correcting me. I had heard that about GLen but if its not true its good to know thank you.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

David, you know I wouldn't lie to you.