User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wow wow wow... everybody here is playing nice. why can't you?

she did 15 dates supporting IYD over one year.

Lindsey did 60 dates in sold-out theaters and clubs. and wrote and recorded 11 NEW songs. and recorded and released a live album.
Elle, I don't care how many shows Lindsey grunted through ....calling Stevie's writings "junk" about her mother who passed earlier this year is "not playing nice"...God forbid, if Lindsey has a child killed and he later writes a song pertaining to that tragedy...lets call it what it is "lots of junk about a dead child "
Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If Stevie doesn't sit at a piano and put her poems to music anymore, what would stop her from putting those poems to a Mike Campbell or Dave Stewart track before giving them to Fleetwood Mac? It's not like she hasn't done that multiple times in the past. She doesn't need Lindsey, per se, to write the music for her songs -- even if she doesn't write it herself.

That said, the woman isn't holding out because of a lack of songs. The woman is holding out because she doesn't enjoy spending extended lengths of time in the studio with Lindsey. She's said as much in the past. It's really no great mystery.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephxaz View Post
Elle, I don't care how many shows Lindsey grunted through ....calling Stevie's writings "junk" about her mother who passed earlier this year is "not playing nice"...
But why attack Lindsey, he didn't say that.

*edit* And I think you are blowing it out of proportion.

Last edited by redtulip; 12-05-2012 at 11:44 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for saying what I was thinking. I think that her writing heyday was in the 70's and that she had some inspiration in the early 90's when she was so sad. But I don't think that she is writing like she used to. Sure there have been some moments, like Katrina, wounded soldiers, and now her mother's passing, but I don't think she is writing nearly as many songs as she used to. And there nothing wrong with that, she has written some incredible songs in the past. Sure she can go through her journals, but she still needs someone to structure them into workable songs for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake View Post
I'm a huge Stevie fan, but I actually completely disagree with this. I think she is completely creatively blocked. She has writers block. She isn't inspired. She's got nothing. I think that is why she is making all these excuses. Her saying that no one wants music is simply her covering up the fact that she doesn't have any music to provide!

Or, she is just too lazy to produce any music. It's totally her right to do that. I'm a chef, and sometimes I just order Chinese take out when I have friends over.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah, warring factions. What every fandom needs.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephxaz View Post
Elle, I don't care how many shows Lindsey grunted through ....calling Stevie's writings "junk"
there it is again.

i won't even address the other part of your comment. i hope you delete it when you take some time to think about what you wrote. that's just horrible.

there's a circle of life. two things you compared are on the opposite ends of that circle and non-comparable.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default From the main page on msn.com Dec. 5, 2012

ENTERTAINMENT.
Carey, Fallon team for holiday sing-along
'Music Man' actress, 74, dies
Buckingham/Nicks revival, too?
Rihanna to star in reality show
Paltrow planning for baby?
Spelling overwhelmed by kids
White softens his Gaga rant
Old 12-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't think the issue is Stevie not having songs. Even if she isn't writing prolifically nowadays ( and we know she has written about her mother so I don't know where that is coming from completely), she has plenty if songs in the vault.

The issue is that she didn't bing FM the songs, because he doesn't want to record the songs with FM. She wants to record them with Dave Stewart. It is not that hard to see, especially since she has pretty much said as much.

And I say this as a fan very keen on the idea of a new fM album.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I really don't think the issue is Stevie not having songs. Even if she isn't writing prolifically nowadays ( and we know she has written about her mother so I don't know where that is coming from completely), she has plenty if songs in the vault.

The issue is that she didn't bing FM the songs, because he doesn't want to record the songs with FM. She wants to record them with Dave Stewart. It is not that hard to see, especially since she has pretty much said as much.

And I say this as a fan very keen on the idea of a new fM album.
No one is arguing that Stevie doesn't have lyrics/poems/journal entries, we're saying she doesn't have the melodies to go with them. Unless the songs in the vault are demos, I don't think she has songs with music/melodies.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Unless the songs in the vault are demos, I don't think she has songs with music/melodies.
Even if she doesn't, that's easily rectified with the help of someone like Mike Campbell or Dave Stewart, as I noted above.

But that's not the issue here.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
No one is arguing that Stevie doesn't have lyrics/poems/journal entries, we're saying she doesn't have the melodies to go with them. Unless the songs in the vault are demos, I don't think she has songs with music/melodies.
I see no reason to assume this. Just because Dave co-wrote with her on her last album doesn't mean she is incapable of plodding about on the keyboàrd until she finds another way to use an F G progression. She wrote with Dave because it was exciting and opened new doors for her, and yes, it was probably easier than writing the music herself. And if she can't think of mußic, then she has Mike and whoever else to send her tracks.

but yes, many of the songs in the vault are demos.... I wasn't even thinking of her journAals. I was thinking about all of the songs she has that we know of that have never been properly recorded, and how many more there likely are that we have never heard.

Last edited by WildHearted; 12-06-2012 at 12:02 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
Ah, warring factions. What every fandom needs.
Oh yes...unfortunately Reading through the posts it feels like some are taking on all the years of animosity between Stevie and Lindsey for them both. Maybe in some karmic way that will free up the actual musical pair to create
Can't we all just get along!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
read a list again of all what LB did this year.
We're not talking about LB; we're talking about Fleetwood Mac. Have they ever had a year like that?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
wow wow wow... everybody here is playing nice. why can't you?
Play nice when we're talking about Lindsey.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
The woman is holding out because she doesn't enjoy spending extended lengths of time in the studio with Lindsey. She's said as much in the past. It's really no great mystery.
except if that studio would be on the deserted island in Ireland, working on some BN songs.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"