User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
It was difficult at first (It was only a few months ago that we found out it had been going on for a year) but I guess I've gotten used to being numb about it. About alot of things really... Can't get hurt if you can't feel the hurt.
Oh honey. Just be careful with that. I do that a lot - if something is messing with me and I don't feel equipped to deal with it at that particular moment, I pack it up in a mental cardboard box and promise myself I will come back to it later when I am able to deal. Of course, I never do, so my mind's warehouse is totally overflowing with random f*ckery, and I'm pretty sure that's why my inner monologue closely resembles the Bataan Death March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
I think I just rewound about six years of my life. I just ran into my ex girlfriend in a Wellesley dining hall. All of my friends were in class, so I was sitting alone. She had a table full of people around here.

I was honestly upset.

Excuse me while I go remember how to think like a grown up.
Hey, when you remember how to think like a grown-up, can you tell me how to do it? I haven't figured that one out yet.

Also, I understand that feeling. When I break up with someone, it's like I think they should immediately cease to exist. Like, how dare they do other things now? Where I can see them? Perhaps with other people I know? Even if I met those other people through that person and they were all friends first?

It doesn't happen all the time and I'm completely aware it's ridiculous, even when I'm in the middle of having the thoughts, but there it is anyhow. The best part is that I will do it even when I have absolutely no desire to ever be with that person again. I'm pretty sure that means I'm terribly conceited or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
this is perfect. i never really analyzed my sig that much. that's frightening, considering i analyze everything else in my life. it's just a collection of some of my favorite things
I just wanted you to know I'd noticed you had all those things in your sig pic. I noticed it real hard.

For everyone having life issues, here's an uplifting song:

All together now, "Maybe you and I will get it together!"

Also, have I mentioned lately that I'm SO excited for the Grinderman show in November that I can barely stand it? Because I totally am. JTIS.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Oh honey. Just be careful with that. I do that a lot - if something is messing with me and I don't feel equipped to deal with it at that particular moment, I pack it up in a mental cardboard box and promise myself I will come back to it later when I am able to deal. Of course, I never do, so my mind's warehouse is totally overflowing with random f*ckery, and I'm pretty sure that's why my inner monologue closely resembles the Bataan Death March.
I'm used to it, unfortunately. I seem to have become a champion Bottler over the last few years. Just cork it up and put it on the shelf in my own little "warehouse". I tried a couple of times to talk to people on the outside world, but they just made me see that it just wasn't worth it in the end. They turned out not to be trustworthy. So I just don't talk about it anymore and just simply take my bad weather out on myself in unhealthy fashions. Shiny Happy Bee. That's me *Thumbs up and fake smile*. Maybe it's one of the reasons I like Fleetwood Mac so much. Their **** distracts from my ****, so to speak lol.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So today was my first day of Hair School =) So I was really really REALLY nervous, but once I got there I felt better. I made a friend...and it was like christmas today!!! We got a huuuuuuuge duffle bag full of hair styling goodies and I was super sduper happy and I got my smock and it was sooo cool!! I cant wait to start doing everything!!!

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 09-08-2010, 02:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For everyone who gave words of wisdom/comfort involving my parents' potential separation: thank you. I should've said that I feel guilty for pretty much wanting them to separate for selfish reasons. My life would just be so much easier if I only had to deal with one of them at a time. Whatever, they're gonna do what they're going to do.

Annie... that story about your kids' father is incredible. I'm so sorry that someone so close to you passed, especially since he was their dad... but I'm glad that the situation didn't end up much, much worse.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm used to it, unfortunately. I seem to have become a champion Bottler over the last few years. Just cork it up and put it on the shelf in my own little "warehouse". I tried a couple of times to talk to people on the outside world, but they just made me see that it just wasn't worth it in the end. They turned out not to be trustworthy. So I just don't talk about it anymore and just simply take my bad weather out on myself in unhealthy fashions. Shiny Happy Bee. That's me *Thumbs up and fake smile*. Maybe it's one of the reasons I like Fleetwood Mac so much. Their **** distracts from my ****, so to speak lol.
Annie's right I have no room to talk but bottling it up is not good. I turned to the internet to get me through my mum and dad's divorce, two friends dying and the likes and now I'm at a stage where I only wake up in a morning to see Debbie Harry's face and make sure she's okay, the Blondie gig the night before went well etc etc. I don't want to think that anyone else is feeling like I am because it upsets me, no matter who they are. I'm not expecting you to trust me straight away because that could be considered weird but if you want to PM me, I'm more than likely to always be here for a chat, college has installed free wi-fi for errywun now so I'll still be on through the day

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 09-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Registered

Quote:
I understand. If I'm being completely honest, I never really thought my habit of packing everything away like I do was a problem until pretty recently. Before, I'd looked at it like, "Well, hey - at least I'm not dragging around all depressed and brooding." I mean, I get happy and I get sad and junk, but in general, I'm so even-tempered, I might as well be Commander Data.

But then my mother died at the beginning of the year. My relationship with her was complicated (to say the least - she was a raging alcoholic & cuddly like Hannibal Lecter and I had to go into foster care in my early teens), but I'd packed her into a box, as it were, a long time ago. And then all of a sudden - KABLAM! I am rattling around everywhere like a Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man.

So now I'm working on working through my issue there. I have no idea how to do it or if there is a proper way to go about it, but we'll see how it goes. And if you ever need an ear, I'm here - no risk, 'cos everyone knows that people on the Internet aren't real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
For everyone who gave words of wisdom/comfort involving my parents' potential separation: thank you. I should've said that I feel guilty for pretty much wanting them to separate for selfish reasons. My life would just be so much easier if I only had to deal with one of them at a time. Whatever, they're gonna do what they're going to do.

Annie... that story about your kids' father is incredible. I'm so sorry that someone so close to you passed, especially since he was their dad... but I'm glad that the situation didn't end up much, much worse.
Thanks, hon. It was hard and it still is, but we do all right now.

I do not think that you should feel guilty (this coming from a former Catholic where guilt is our chief weapon of self-destruction, ha!), though I understand why you feel that way. I think that sometimes, we have to be "selfish," particularly when it comes to our own happiness. Unless you're actively working towards having them break up when they'd otherwise want to stay together themselves, I think that it's natural to want to see an unhappy situation end when it directly affects you like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Annie's right I have no room to talk but bottling it up is not good. I turned to the internet to get me through my mum and dad's divorce, two friends dying and the likes and now I'm at a stage where I only wake up in a morning to see Debbie Harry's face and make sure she's okay, the Blondie gig the night before went well etc etc. I don't want to think that anyone else is feeling like I am because it upsets me, no matter who they are. I'm not expecting you to trust me straight away because that could be considered weird but if you want to PM me, I'm more than likely to always be here for a chat, college has installed free wi-fi for errywun now so I'll still be on through the day
Here is a hug for you. *hug* I'm so sorry for all of that. My offer to Bee goes to you, too - if you ever need an ear, gimme a holler. I'm rubbish at dealing with my own life sometimes, but I make a damn good listener and always have good advice that I never take myself.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
I understand. If I'm being completely honest, I never really thought my habit of packing everything away like I do was a problem until pretty recently. Before, I'd looked at it like, "Well, hey - at least I'm not dragging around all depressed and brooding." I mean, I get happy and I get sad and junk, but in general, I'm so even-tempered, I might as well be Commander Data.

But then my mother died at the beginning of the year. My relationship with her was complicated (to say the least - she was a raging alcoholic & cuddly like Hannibal Lecter and I had to go into foster care in my early teens), but I'd packed her into a box, as it were, a long time ago. And then all of a sudden - KABLAM! I am rattling around everywhere like a Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man.

So now I'm working on working through my issue there. I have no idea how to do it or if there is a proper way to go about it, but we'll see how it goes. And if you ever need an ear, I'm here - no risk, 'cos everyone knows that people on the Internet aren't real.
It means alot that there are people on here who can relate and understand. The offer comes right back at'cha both because I'm told that, although I'm a failure at taking my own advice, I am a pretty decent Agony Aunt *Dons white bobby hairdo and a knitting kit for the role*. Thank you for listening to my small and brief belly aches. Hearing your own problems helps put mine into perspective some. Thought the numbness is still ever present, it's helping to see that I'm not alone as I tend to feel in my "real life" setting. I'm sorry you two, daniellaaarisen and anybody else I could care to mention are having such hard times. Guess it's times like this that it really helps to be in this kind of setting with "cyber-people" where we can all pool our feelings and advice. *ish going to treat herself to a well earned evening of pampering, Ice Cream (no chocolate because Bees don't like Chocolate) and a new DVD (Destiny Rules dropped onto my mat this morning. Yayness*.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Throughout the process of watching this DVD (Destiny Rules), I have come to realise just how short my attention span actually is. Why else would I be typing here while it's paused in another window lol? I keep taking short breaks to potter around my room or survey the contents of the SYW album. Watch the bloody DVD already, Bee!

Okay. Lindsey and Lee Lee together on the DVD = CUTE!

WOAH!!!!!!!!! Lindsey said the eff word! NEVER heard him say that before. LOVE IT!!!!

Now he's crying *Wants to cuggle him now*

Jeez Bee....They've seen it! Stop procrastinating lol.

Last edited by Silver Springs; 09-08-2010 at 12:45 PM..
Old 09-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bought my first mandolin. Now the learning begins.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
i want a mandolin so bad.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Well you know the tuning is the inversion of the top four guitar strings, so if you just reverse those fingerings, you're halfway there. So tune it(top to bottom)G-D-A-E. Make yourself a little chord chart, and it shouldn't take long(sorry, I'm ASSuming you're a guitar player). For me, as a guitar player, mando was about the easiest thing to learn.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uravhL8FbY
Old 09-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks to everyone who replied to my little girl ramblings. I didn't even tell you guys the best! part of the story When I saw that she had her gaggle around her but hadn't yet spotted me.....I grabbed my lunch and snuck out to my bedroom. Bathroom scene in Mean Girls became my life. That's right.
You're so like me
Old 09-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well you know the tuning is the inversion of the top four guitar strings, so if you just reverse those fingerings, you're halfway there. So tune it(top to bottom)G-D-A-E. Make yourself a little chord chart, and it shouldn't take long(sorry, I'm ASSuming you're a guitar player). For me, as a guitar player, mando was about the easiest thing to learn.
That's what I'd read. And you assumed correctly. I play be ear so I'm hoping
to pick it up quickly. I've got a chord book being sent to me. That's the way
I learned to play guitar. I bought a copy of Fleetwood Mac's first three albums
songbook (I forget the title, if it had one?). Learned the chords to Gold Dust
Woman...and I was on my way. I didn't realize the spacing was so small on
the mandolin. My fingers are going to have to learn new tricks. Btw, are you
still playing the mandolin?

Carrie buy yourself a mandolin!!!

Last edited by iamnotafraid; 09-08-2010 at 05:39 PM..
Old 09-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
Me too. My best friend plays it and I'm super jealous.