User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I guess it's hard to know. Would there be a VIP area at the side? (or at the back maybe?) Because otherwise I imagine someone would have seen her there. Especially in the UK, because here Christine's songs were always bigger hits than Stevie's.
Your photos are great btw.
I could see into the side where Cory and the crew were and I kept looking for Christine. Like you said, she may have been backstage drinking wine and watching a monitor.

I didn't use a flash, but for some reason my pictures came out too bright and they suffered and got blurry from the zoom, but in the end we all have great pictures from every single song, thanks to the ones other people have posted since the very first night.

Michele
Old 11-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
Michele,

What amazing pictures and a fabulous summary, especially all the SNL detail. I've been thinking to myself for weeks that they have really seem to connect a lot more on this leg of the tour. 6 (well 3) weeks in a foreign country I guess.

Even if we hear later that every single day was torture, we won't believe it! Aside from Mick, the others aren't good enough actors to hide their true feelings that well.

Michele
Old 11-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you Michele for your fantastic review and you beautiful pictures! You must be wide awake still. What is it, like three o'clock in the morning there? How long are you gonna stay in London? Any sightseeing involved?
I loved that photo you posted of Stevie all in red with the red platform boots on.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Even if we hear later that every single day was torture, we won't believe it! Aside from Mick, the others aren't good enough actors to hide their true feelings that well.

Michele
Yeah, it will be interesting to hear any new press that comes out. I'm sure most of the Australia/NZ coverage will be the same stuff we just read/heard/saw for the past 3 weeks, but maybe we'll get a few more new interviews. Nonetheless, i'll be trolling for any sort of quote that i can read into.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Thank you Michele for your fantastic review and you beautiful pictures! You must be wide awake still. What is it, like three o'clock in the morning there? How long are you gonna stay in London? Any sightseeing involved?
I loved that photo you posted of Stevie all in red with the red platform boots on.
I leave tomorrow or should I say today. I have no sightseeing plans, other than what's within walking distance. I was thinking what if Michael Jackson was alive? I'd have probably go and see one of his London shows, if the dates fit.

I'd also love to see a play, but I don't want to miss any more work. I couldn't go all the way out to Perth or anything next month, so I wanted to see them here, as the last time in 2009. I guess I was hoping for a little something from Chris. Don't say anything, just squeeze a little accordion! But I suppose 95% of me must have known that would not happen.

Michele
Old 11-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The Sara goods.

Merry Early Christmas to me...

THANK YOU MICHELE!!!!

Love reading your review, as always.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome review Michele (as always). This show sounded like a very special one. In fact, I think all these European shows have brought something out in this band because, as brilliant and amazing as they were in the states, it just seems like they're so much more relaxed, humorous,energized, from all I have read. Must be their European heritage coming out or something. Anyway, thank you. And the pictures are incredible. Wow to the Sara embrace.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 11-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just got back from the concert and am uploading pictures.

When Lindsey first addressed the crowd he said he wanted to say hello to all of their friends in the audience, especially Christine. He said, "We love you."

When Stevie dedicated Landslide she said that she wanted it to be joyous not sad. And even though she was feeling joyous she wanted Christine to know that she misses her every day. She misses how funny she is and how brilliant it feels to be in her presence.

I thought Mick would mention Chris but he didn't. He said he had the flu and that all of them were staying away from him and he felt devastated by the exclusion. He was speaking at Lindsey's mic and had to pull it up to talk. He was befuddled: "Lindsey can't be this short!"

Michele
I had no idea that you were flying over for a London show! That's awesome Michele. I'm so jealous. Love the pictures and summary. Thank you thank you!

Last edited by daniellaaarisen; 11-07-2009 at 12:01 AM..
Old 11-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Just love all the hugs and kisses photos...thanks for the great review..so glad you got to go there!..I so wish I had had that opportunity....So glad for the band too that they all seemed so happy to have played there and had been in Christine's presence!
Old 11-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

well come on ppl please!!!!! Let's hear the bootlegs please! I love you all!

-Marty
Old 11-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
Has John always had so much fun/been so funky on Stand Back?

And Pip - did you have to listen to that man near you sing along the whole show?
LOL! I think it was DavidMN! Or tommer!
Old 11-07-2009, 05:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
LOL! I think it was DavidMN! Or tommer!
I know I did sing some, but I had no idea any voice could be heard over the speakers that close to the front.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Michele I didn't realise you were going to this show. Where were you standing? From the angle of the photos it looks like you were pretty close to me.

I thought the show was absolutely incredible, maybe because it's the last of the European concerts. Stevie's Landslide dedication to Christine was very touching. She said something like "I miss you every single day and how funny you are and how brilliant it is to be in your presence." Something like that anyway. Shame they couldn't entice her though to join them on stage.
I didn't know you would be there either!
Old 11-07-2009, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
Thanks for all of the details and pics! I'm glad that you had a wonderful time--sorry that you had to deal with a snotty all access guy...

A FM concert tweet reported a possible Jimmy Page sighting. I wonder who else was there?

http://www.60smusictweets.com/?what=Fleetwood+Mac
Jimmy Page was there and also Ritchie Sambora
Old 11-07-2009, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't touch Lindsey's guitar. I've never done that. Yes, I did see Stevie looking to her right, but I wondered if maybe she was just giving that side of the audience attention and maybe I just imagined it might be Christine, but when Stevie looked, people on the floor started looking over too.

Michele
I was told Christine would be sitting to Stevie's right in the tiered section