User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-05-2023, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
And you’re conveniently leaving out the part where Lindsey was fired from the group in 2018 and was NOT fired in 1987.

Is this the part where you quote Mick and say “we don’t use words like that” LOL
the plan was to blame it on Lindsey, and make him the fall guy, to say he left them in the bind again just like he did in 1987. it didn't work because Lindsey wanted the truth out., that this was nothing like 1987.

it was funny to watch Mick, Stevie and others scramble in that April CBS interview, since they were so obviously stuck with their original lines that were now unusable, and nobody provided them with what to say once it was made public what actually happened.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-05-2023, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And didn’t the FM tour wind up starting well past the 3 month delay Lindsey was asking for as a compromise? So the whole thing wound up a moot point.
yes, 8 months after the firing.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-05-2023, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
the plan was to blame it on Lindsey, and make him the fall guy, to say he left them in the bind again just like he did in 1987. it didn't work because Lindsey wanted the truth out., that this was nothing like 1987.

it was funny to watch Mick, Stevie and others scramble in that April CBS interview, since they were so obviously stuck with their original lines that were now unusable, and nobody provided them with what to say once it was made public what actually happened.
And Christine literally the pickle in the middle as she was seated between Mick and Stevie. Her body language said everything that needed to be said.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-05-2023 at 10:42 PM..
Old 01-05-2023, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And you’re conveniently leaving out the part where Lindsey was fired from the group in 2018 and was NOT fired in 1987.
I think SteveMacD knew you were aware of that, so he didn’t need to say it.

The level of uncertainty at what Lindsey did in 1987, leaving the band in the lurch like he did right before a tour… and I’m not saying he was wrong for doing it. But if he could have waited until after the tour and then left the band, who knows, maybe it would have worked out great. Stevie was off cocaine and hadn’t started abusing Klonopin, so touring probably would have gone way smoother than the recording of Tango did. When he left, I thought the was the end of FM. And it wasn’t.

Like I said, I didn’t hate FM when the Time album came out. I didn’t hate them when Lindsey wouldn’t let Christine record with them. And I didn’t hate them when they fired Lindsey and went on tour. Just like I didn’t hate him in 1987.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also let’s not forget that Brett Tuggle aired the dirty laundry to Rolling Stone, confirming a lot of details and fans still continue to diminish everything that went down.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I thought there was a chance Stevie would record with them since Lindsey was out of the picture. Once Covid struck, I knew it wasn’t going to happen.
Bwboy, there was never a chance the 2018 lineup was going to make new music. Not recording wasn't about Lindsey. Stevie wants to be successful touring. She knows she can't have a #1 song or album again.
If Fleetwood Mac put out an album and it hit #7 like 24KG did, Stevie wouldn't be able to live with herself.
Show Them The Way and For What It's Worth didn't go anywhere. Dreams did thanks to Nathan.
Mike and Neil were not hired to make new music. I hoped they would but it's clear to me they were hired to play on the 2018-2019 Tour and that's it. There have been FM re-releases with Lindsey on them since the 2018-2019 Tour, nothing with Mike and Neil. It's been 3 years since the last show, surely there could have been a live album or BluRay. And they could've made an album in 2021 or 2022. As Trouble in Shangri-La goes "I make excuses for you"
Old 01-05-2023, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
if you’re not a FM hater, well, you come across that way in your posts.
oh wow, I'm seriously confused. how do you define "FM hater"? someone who states stuff that may not always be flattering is not automatically a hater.

i don't think anyone on this board "hates" the band. but we might dislike some or the other periods or actions.

Old 01-05-2023, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also let’s not forget that Brett Tuggle aired the dirty laundry to Rolling Stone, confirming a lot of details and fans still continue to diminish everything that went down.
ah yes, forgot about that. he confirmed everything we knew for a while, that some just didn't want to accept.

Old 01-05-2023, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Bwboy, there was never a chance the 2018 lineup was going to make new music. Not recording wasn't about Lindsey. Stevie wants to be successful touring. She knows she can't have a #1 song or album again.
If Fleetwood Mac put out an album and it hit #7 like 24KG did, Stevie wouldn't be able to live with herself.
Show Them The Way and For What It's Worth didn't go anywhere. Dreams did thanks to Nathan.
Mike and Neil were not hired to make new music. I hoped they would but it's clear to me they were hired to play on the 2018-2019 Tour and that's it. There have been FM re-releases with Lindsey on them since the 2018-2019 Tour, nothing with Mike and Neil. It's been 3 years since the last show, surely there could have been a live album or BluRay. And they could've made an album in 2021 or 2022. As Trouble in Shangri-La goes "I make excuses for you"
BuckVie still gets a ton of positive press. I’m sure that’s a bug up her a$$ to this day. Now with Christine gone, the spotlight has been put on it as the last time the group worked together and it’s always mentioned that she was absent.

The silver lining is, it’s probably a stronger record without her contributions if her last two original singles are anything to go by.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-05-2023 at 10:58 PM..
Old 01-05-2023, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Soap opera, yes!! But getting back to the documentary (soap). We can see the plot moving forward. I'm not saying it was planned at all to get rid of LB. back in 1998-2002. But, you sure can see the genesis in this documentary.

The good news for Christine and Lindsey: They could still play and create without her. And they were very wealthy. The bad news was, it hurt the final chapter in my opinion.
heh, yes. sorry mr mod!

Old 01-05-2023, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, Dreams did well because of the viral video AND because it’s a great song- the same can’t be said for Show Them the Way and For What It’s Worth, both of which were god awful.

You’re probably right about Stevie never recording with FM. I do think, for whatever reason, she just wouldn’t record with Lindsey anymore, despite all the concessions he made for her on the EP. But since she did record those two new songs, that suggests to me she would be willing to record an another album, and since she’s collaborated with Mike Campbell before, it seemed like a possibility. With Christine gone, I know it won’t happen, but like you said, it wouldn’t have happened anyway.

If there was any unreleased music by Christine with or without FM, and I’m sure there is, I hope it gets released. Maybe a post-Rumours collection, similar to the pre-Rumours collection that came out a few years back. Combine Behind the Mask and Time for a Deluxe Edition. Maybe there are outtakes or other songs that Patrick Leonard produced.

There’s got to be more Christine material!
Old 01-05-2023, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
BuckVie still gets a ton of positive press. I’m sure that’s a bug up her a$$ to this day. Now with Christine gone, the spotlight has been put on it as the last time the group worked together and it’s always mentioned that she was absent.

The silver lining is, it’s probably a stronger record without her contributions if her last two original singles are anything to go by.
What I meant was that if the album didn't hit #1, Stevie would be devastated. She was when In Your Dreams hit #6. Stevie was really hot in 2014 and even with that and the TV appearances, 24KG hit #7
Old 01-05-2023, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What I meant was that if the album didn't hit #1, Stevie would be devastated. She was when In Your Dreams hit #6. Stevie was really hot in 2014 and even with that and the TV appearances, 24KG hit #7
You’re not wrong. Her stance on recording new music has either been “it costs too much for what it will sell” or “it takes too much time and I’m not willing to invest that amount of time” Having a #1 FM album would be the only thing that would make it worthwhile in her eyes because she’s only interested in the recognition at this point in the game.

Her tune flip flops a bit more when discussing solo records (shocker) for a brief period she decided she didn’t care how many copies 24k sold etc. Yet, we are quickly approaching 8 years since 24k was released and the only thing that followed it up was a live album and two single tracks.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
heh, yes. sorry mr mod!
I honestly forget I'm a mod. What's to mod? You people all say the same things Over and Over again. Christine is rolling in her grave!!!

Roll with me Henry!
Old 01-05-2023, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I honestly forget I'm a mod. What's to mod? You people all say the same things Over and Over again. Christine is rolling in her grave!!!

Roll with me Henry!
Ahahahahaha this made me laugh! To put it in terms Christine would use - I think she would be “gobsmacked” by the extent in which things are discussed around here.