Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I just got back from the concert and am uploading pictures.

When Lindsey first addressed the crowd he said he wanted to say hello to all of their friends in the audience, especially Christine. He said, "We love you."

When Stevie dedicated Landslide she said that she wanted it to be joyous not sad. And even though she was feeling joyous she wanted Christine to know that she misses her every day. She misses how funny she is and how brilliant it feels to be in her presence.

I thought Mick would mention Chris but he didn't. He said he had the flu and that all of them were staying away from him and he felt devastated by the exclusion. He was speaking at Lindsey's mic and had to pull it up to talk. He was befuddled: "Lindsey can't be this short!"

Michele
Awe... That's great... Glad she made a show and they recognized her....

Michele, you get around! LOL
Old 11-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie ended the show by saying that they went "balls to the walls" and that it was a great rock and roll. I would have to agree with her assessment.

As they took the stage, I noticed that Lindsey was in his red shirt again. So, I didn't get to witness that Watchdevil blue of his in person.

How did that guy manage to tell Christine they loved her without adding, "but you burned your bridges?"

After Lindsey acknowledged Christine's presence, of course I couldn't help woindering where she might be sitting. I tried to see of they fixed their gaze at any particular part of the audience -- assuming they even knew where she was sitting.

I got the feeling she was out towards the center somewhere, but some people around me thought she was sitting to the side on Stevie's side of the stage. They kept pointing an enthusiastic woman out. She wore part of her hair flipped to the side with a red/blue ribbon about it. It reminds me of a style Chris wore in her younger days. I didn't think this woman was her, but it would be lovely if it was, because that lady was really enjoying the show. She was animated, but then so were Lindsey and Stevie.

After saying "We love you" to Christine, Lindsey launched into his forward moving speech and the bit about not having a new album out "yet." John and Stevie always express their silent disagreement during this little moment.

When Stevie introduces Gypsy she says that because they opened for Hendrix to a crowd of 75,000 and Joplin with a crowd of 30,000, when they joined Fleetwood Mac, they did so with just a little bit of confidence. She said that after not seeing Lindsey for 2 years, the drummer in Fritz called her because Lindsey does not like to make phone calls. She said this song harks back to their little house, to their bedroom "and to the Gypsy that he and I love." So, Lindsey is loving the gypsy too? Well, I did kind of get that impression from Donovan's song, but nice to have her concur.

She says that when she and Lindsey opened for others, they were number 8 on the list, but the benefit of being last is that they got to watch everyone else and to learn from them.

Lindsey started off the show biting his nails, as if he had a catch or hang nail on one of his fingers. He turned that into high comedy by filing his nails before Big Love started. When the audience laughed, he stretched out a hand, asking them to wait just a moment, while he finished.

Stevie dedicated Landslide to Christine by saying it was a joyous moment, not a sad one. But I did sense a sadness in her eyes anyway. At the end when they took their bow, Lindsey walked away quickly while she was still facing him. When he got his guitar and started the next song, the opening notes were unfamiliar to me and I wondered if they had added a surprise song to the setlist. Maybe for Christine? Silly me. The song was just NGBA, with a slow, cautious intro. Lindsey actually played that beginning like he wasn't sure what he was doing. But then he broke out into the familiar tune and everyone responded.

I cannot tell you how rousing and intimate their interaction on both Sara and Storms is now. When they turn their mics towards each other and lock eyes, it might not be real romance, but it is two bandmates saying, "let's give this all the emotion we have, for the crowd." It's a couple, acting in tandem to not only harmonize, but to create a feeling, a mood. And I've got to tell you, it works. So maybe the hug is staged, but even the way they commit to the singing is moving all by itself.

Someone here already brought us pictures of Lindsey and John doing a little jamming together, but it happened a lot, during 3 or 4 songs. That's something I hadn't noticed during the American leg. In those shows, John always did smile at Lindsey and point after "Oh Well" and he did the same this time. Lindsey also pointed back at John and Mick.

I was a little nervous about SYLM because of Christine, but they did it well and with intense smiles. They just looked very happy. The song rocked and I even heard a group of people singing it on the way back to Wembley Station. Chris should give them a gold star.

When Mick introduced the band, he said that Stevie had to put up with the three of them and that she was outnumbered, but a trooper. He introduced her as Stephanie Nicks and then said "Stevie" too. Thank goodness: that eliminated certain confusion.

Before the first encore, I saw Lindsey and Stevie standing together. He was already holding her hand and she was whispering something in his ear, before they started to walk out to the stage. When they got to the center, Lindsey took her gloved hand and pretended to wipe the sweat off of his shirt with it. She gave a look of mock consternation and rung her hand, as if to rid it of fake perspiration. It was pretty cute.

When they all took their bow, they were standing in a line as always, but then Mick stood apart from them and came around and bowed towards them, instead of with them. I didn't understand it then, but he later explained they didn't want to be near him because he had the flu.

Lindsey thanked the audience for being at the last show of their tour. Um, someone needs to tell them they have a few dates scheduled in December.

Lindsey left the stage. Stevie came to the mic gleefully and said they had gone "balls to the walls." She stayed behind to here Mick and she covered her nose with her paws again. Very playful.

Very bouyant. A beautiful show. Well worth the trip, despite the rain and the cold and the snotty All Access guy.

I would go anywhere, anywhere. Ask me and I'm there.

Michele
Old 11-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are some pictures.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Sara goods.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The last ones.

Last edited by michelej1; 11-06-2009 at 08:22 PM..
Old 11-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Michele I didn't realise you were going to this show. Where were you standing? From the angle of the photos it looks like you were pretty close to me.

I thought the show was absolutely incredible, maybe because it's the last of the European concerts. Stevie's Landslide dedication to Christine was very touching. She said something like "I miss you every single day and how funny you are and how brilliant it is to be in your presence." Something like that anyway. Shame they couldn't entice her though to join them on stage.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post

I thought the show was absolutely incredible, maybe because it's the last of the European concerts. Stevie's Landslide dedication to Christine was very touching. She said something like "I miss you every single day and how funny you are and how brilliant it is to be in your presence." Something like that anyway. Shame they couldn't entice her though to join them on stage.
Sharon, I was at the stage on Stevie's side. Yes, what she said about Christine was very sweet. I didn't want her to perform. I just wanted to see her. I thought it was a great show too and they seemed so happy.

Michele
Old 11-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The pictures and the summary...absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much Michele

I'm not even going to pick out and comment on my favorite parts...because the whole night sounded so amazing...especially the Stevie and Lindsey stuff, of course. Just reading it made me go all shipper squee. If I'd been there I would have cried all the way through the show
Old 11-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for all of the details and pics! I'm glad that you had a wonderful time--sorry that you had to deal with a snotty all access guy...

A FM concert tweet reported a possible Jimmy Page sighting. I wonder who else was there?

http://www.60smusictweets.com/?what=Fleetwood+Mac
Old 11-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sharon, I was at the stage on Stevie's side. Yes, what she said about Christine was very sweet. I didn't want her to perform. I just wanted to see her. I thought it was a great show too and they seemed so happy.

Michele

That's where I was too! Did you get to strum Lindsey's guitar? I get a thrill out of that every time.
I would have liked to have seen Christine too. Stevie did keep looking over to her right, so I wonder if she was seated there? Or else she was backstage the entire time drinking wine!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
The pictures and the summary...absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much Michele

I'm not even going to pick out and comment on my favorite parts...because the whole night sounded so amazing...especially the Stevie and Lindsey stuff, of course. Just reading it made me go all shipper squee. If I'd been there I would have cried all the way through the show
I can't resist the ship and must say that Lindsey kissed Stevie's head 3 different times. He kissed her twice when they all took their first bow as a group and then when they pulled apart at the end, to say their goodbyes to the audience, he cupped her head in his hand and kissed her again, as if this really was the end of the tour and he might not be seeing her for awhile. Guys, remember Australia and New Zealand?

When Stevie started her intro to Storms, she said that they started rehearsals on January 5 and did 53 shows in America and I think she said she thought they did 16 in Europe. When she discussed wanting to do Storms for the first time, it made me wish that Lindsey would dust off one that he's never done before too. He just got off a solo tour with new songs, but I still wish he'd take an old one that's been overlooked (i.e. TITN) and give it to us.

Speaking of the Tango album, he started groaning during Oh Well in a way that reminded me of his Big Love grunts. The longer the tour continues, the more primal it gets.

Michele
Old 11-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
That's where I was too! Did you get to strum Lindsey's guitar? I get a thrill out of that every time.
I would have liked to have seen Christine too. Stevie did keep looking over to her right, so I wonder if she was seated there? Or else she was backstage the entire time drinking wine!

I didn't touch Lindsey's guitar. I've never done that. Yes, I did see Stevie looking to her right, but I wondered if maybe she was just giving that side of the audience attention and maybe I just imagined it might be Christine, but when Stevie looked, people on the floor started looking over too.

Michele
Old 11-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, and as the crowd dispersed, someone (maybe a radio station) was playing Need Your Love So Bad over loud speakers. That was a nice touch.

Michele
Old 11-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Michele,

What amazing pictures and a fabulous summary, especially all the SNL detail. I've been thinking to myself for weeks that they have really seem to connect a lot more on this leg of the tour. 6 (well 3) weeks in a foreign country I guess.

I really hope the momentum keeps going and that the leg next month has the same vibe.

So glad you got to experience a wonderful show, even if you didn't get to see the blue shirt.

Safe travels back home.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't touch Lindsey's guitar. I've never done that. Yes, I did see Stevie looking to her right, but I wondered if maybe she was just giving that side of the audience attention and maybe I just imagined it might be Christine, but when Stevie looked, people on the floor started looking over too.

Michele
I guess it's hard to know. Would there be a VIP area at the side? (or at the back maybe?) Because otherwise I imagine someone would have seen her there. Especially in the UK, because here Christine's songs were always bigger hits than Stevie's.
Your photos are great btw.