Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
How did we get GOS in the first place?

Hey you, person who leaked GOS for us, if Lindsey has any more songs with John and Mick on them that are harbored and not officially released soon, please leak those other songs to us. Thanks.

Michele
or Mick, John, and Lindsey can just put them out for download on itunes / amazon, one by one.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Haha, I've been waiting for the set list wishes to show up actually!! I'd love for Chris to think outside of the box with what she would bring to a hypothetical future FM set, but my guess is the likely return of Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Songbird, Everywhere...maybe Oh Daddy too.
I was wondering what her choices would have been to be performed during the Tusk portion of the set. While I'd love to hear Brown Eyes, I was lucky enough to hear that live on the Mirage Tour. I'd love to hear Honey Hi with Stevie's beautiful harmonies or Never Forget or even Think About Me. But if she chose Never Make Me Cry then that would surely be my bathroom break song.

Last edited by vivfox; 11-24-2013 at 02:19 PM..
Old 11-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I was wondering what her choices would have been to be performed during the Tusk portion of the set. While I'd love to hear Brown Eyes, I was lucky enough to hear that live on the Mirage Tour. I'd love to hear Honey Hi with Stevie's beautiful harmonies or Never Forget or even Think About Me. But if she chose Never Make Me Cry then that would surely be my bathroom break song.
I would never go to the rest room, but if her choices were not Think About Me, Never Forget or Honey Hi, I might need to be electrocuted to stay awake. I can't have Oh Daddy and Brown Eyes in the same setlist.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
or Mick, John, and Lindsey can just put them out for download on itunes / amazon, one by one.
Reminds me that we'd have something like 12 tracks on the LP and then bonus tracks. Two minimum, maybe more because they do those crazy deals where Wal*Mart or Amazon have exclusive bonus tracks of their own.

I loved the Best Buy cd from 1997. I'd like to have another one of those with songs and also interviews.

And you people just know in advance that I will be complaining, and probably Skip will as well, if we don't have hard copies of this junk.

One time Elle, I will have something hard and you will want it really bad and I won't share it with you. I'll tell you to look on your computer

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
R
One time Elle, I will have something hard and you will want it really bad and I won't share it with you. I'll tell you to look on your computer

Michele
hey - you wanted a bootleg!!

and, where's that crying icon? you wouldn't share it with me? boo-hoo

that aside, i usually lose hard copies of everything so i don't even bother with too many of them. i guess i moved around too much.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hey - you wanted a bootleg!!
Well, no I would never prefer a bootleg. I was just asking for one because I'd rather have it leaked than not released at all. If I never had Wear You Down or Given Thing or Deep Dense, I'd be very sad (and wouldn't even know why).

I wouldn't share it with you because I remember you and Louie balking at us for not wanting things released as only digital files like we were really old and still liked gramophones or something.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think they'll record together before touring. Just seems like there've been a lot of signs that they'd lean in that direction. I also think, considering John's health, recording an album would afford him more time to fully recuperate after chemo & all of its side-effects (which my brother is experiencing right now).

Probably the least time-consuming and economical choice, would be to "open up" the mixes on Lindsey's remaining five songs, so that Christine can add keyboards and she & Stevie can add backing vocals (much as they did with the original 'Gift of Screws' songs that were folded into 'Say You Will'), as opposed to starting completely from scratch.

From there, they can focus on recording Chris & Stevie's tracks -- which might not take too terribly long, depending on how fully realized the demos are.

If it all comes to fruition, there's certainly a lot to be excited about.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And you people just know in advance that I will be complaining, and probably Skip will as well, if we don't have hard copies of this junk.
I'll happily join you in signing a "We demand hard copies" petition. Digital's great, but I need to own something tangible when it comes to Fleetwood Mac.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, no I would never prefer a bootleg. I was just asking for one because I'd rather have it leaked than not released at all. If I never had Wear You Down or Given Thing or Deep Dense, I'd be very sad (and wouldn't even know why).

I wouldn't share it with you because I remember you and Louie balking at us for not wanting things released as only digital files like we were really old and still liked gramophones or something.

Michele
we are mean like that.

although i'm pretty sure i'm older than you . and my little 10 yo loved finding the gramophone and all the old records in one of the boxes, when we were moving stuff around. now my kids are fighting in whose room that stuff will be, treating it like some hidden long lost treasure.

Old 11-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I apologize for a third message in a row, but in my excitement at all of these prospects, I have to add that I hope 'Mirage' and 'Tango' finally get the expanded & remastered treatment. That would certainly be something to whet our appetites, in the lead up to a new release.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Probably the least time-consuming and economical choice, would be to "open up" the mixes on Lindsey's remaining five songs, so that Christine can add keyboards and she & Stevie can add backing vocals (much as they did with the original 'Gift of Screws' songs that were folded into 'Say You Will'), as opposed to starting completely from scratch.
agree with you. except, Lindsey's GOS tracks were meant to be solo, while his tracks recorded last year were meant to have SN's vocals on it from the start. so i don't think they have to "open up" anything, i think these were never "closed" or completed in the first place. Christine's contributions to these tracks should add richness they would never have without her.

Old 11-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Imagine It Takes Time with Chris playing piano, on a REAL piano, and not a synth piano. With light Chris harmonies over the chorus!
Old 11-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I think they'll record together before touring. Just seems like there've been a lot of signs that they'd lean in that direction. I also think, considering John's health, recording an album would afford him more time to fully recuperate after chemo & all of its side-effects (which my brother is experiencing right now).
Yes, I was wondering about his sessions with respect to Vegas. I guess he could do it and still be in treatment. I can't remember exactly what my mother's schedule was, but she had colon cancer in 2002 and after her surgery she, I think, had as much as a 2 week interval of time between chemo. It of course varies from person to person and cancer to cancer, but it wasn't at all the grueling experience where she was sick for 3 days straight and then when she started to feel better, it was time to go under again. She actually remained very active throughout, BUT she caught an infection and that derailed her.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
agree with you. except, Lindsey's GOS tracks were meant to be solo, while his tracks recorded last year were meant to have SN's vocals on it from the start. so i don't think they have to "open up" anything, i think these were never "closed" or completed in the first place. Christine's contributions to these tracks should add richness they would never have without her.
Oh, you're definitely right about that. My comment about Chris & Stevie adding backing vocals was more secondary to the thought of Christine adding keyboards. Unless my ears are deceiving me, "Miss Fantasy" and "Sad Angel" don't have any keyboards. Yet they feel fully realized, instrumentally. So if the remaining five tracks sound similar, then some part of their current instrumentation would probably have to be stripped away for Christine to contribute.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:25 PM

I want to see LB and CM write You And I Part 3!