User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
JTIS- That I am SOOOOOO proud of my mother!! After one night a few weeks ago of "partying a bit too hard" she went to the hospital and I think it scared her. So ever since then she's been going to A.A. meetings and now she has a 2nd job and I can tell she's been much nicer and happier. I am just SOOO proud of her!! Its been almost 1 month.
That's awesome Caitlin, I'm glad this is finally starting to get better.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just think I'll leave this here.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 08-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
toooooooooooo cute~
Old 08-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sure she will. I just have to keep saying positive things to her about it. Plus she like it when people clap for my mom at A.A. =P No it isnt fun at all! Ive been dealing with this since 1998!! So THANK GOD she finally got the hint lol
It is so exciting to walk up in front of a room full of clapping people and accept your coin(AA) or keychain(N/A) when you have stayed clean and sober for one whole month. Then on your anniversary date each month(for the 1st year) you get to repeat this process. These moments really do a lot to encourage your momentum. It worked for me. I'm now clean and sober for one year and seven months.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Yeah, it's not a good thing, for you OR your mom, so I am glad to hear she's getting help. Definitely keep up with the encouragement, and even go to meetings with her if she wants you to, for extra support - she will need it. Alcoholism is hard for everyone involved, but so is recovery.

I grew up surrounded by alcoholics (until I went into foster care...because of my mom's alcoholism, heh) - my biological father died from liver complications due to drinking when I was 7. My step-dad drank beer like it was water.

And my mother drank a box or more of cheap wine a day for over 20 years, which finally killed her (horrifically, I might add - like, we're talkin' "there are no words strong enough to describe just how horrific it was" horrific) at the end of this past January. A few years ago, the doctors told her that she was going to die if she didn't quit drinking, but she didn't stop. My step-dad finally realized that if he wanted HER to quit drinking, then he needed to quit, too. So he did. He's been clean for about a year now, and there towards the very end, my mom finally consented to start going to AA, and while I am grateful she finally started trying, it was just too little, too late. But I am so proud of my dad for stepping up and trying to correct his problem, even though he could've easily ignored his own issues because they weren't making him sick like they made my mom. And I'm even more proud that he managed to stay sober when my mom died, because he was absolutely gutted over it. And I mean gutted.

So I know how hard it is to have family members with this kind of problem. If you ever want to talk, just give me a holler. I'll be here for you.
My mom wants me to go to her 1 month sober AA meeting. SO I will. ANYTHING to keep her going and doing well.

WOW that is such a horrific story!! Its too bad how alcohol and drugs can take over someone. I'm glad your dad has been sober for a year! Thats quite the accomplishment!! Thanks so much for the offer if I need anyone to talk to =D I'll definatly take u up on it one day =)

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 08-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
That's awesome Caitlin, I'm glad this is finally starting to get better.
OMG ME TOO! Its been way too long!!

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 08-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
AWWW how cute!!

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 08-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
It is so exciting to walk up in front of a room full of clapping people and accept your coin(AA) or keychain(N/A) when you have stayed clean and sober for one whole month. Then on your anniversary date each month(for the 1st year) you get to repeat this process. These moments really do a lot to encourage your momentum. It worked for me. I'm now clean and sober for one year and seven months.
Congrats on the sobriety!!

I think its the encouragement from other people who know how you feel and who are in the same boat as you make you feel like your not alone and want to fight =)

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 08-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS that tomorrow is gonna be like 84 and I am HOPING its gonna be sunny and not cloudy!! So I can get my tan on! We might be having a Jersey Shore party tomorrow =P Prepare for SNOOKI poofs and LOTS of BRONZER LOL I'm excited!

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 08-14-2010, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

One of my ultra cool Twitter friends posted this:

Taylor: "watcha listenin to? Me: "rhiannon" Taylor: "oh i love rihanna!"...i hate my friends....

JTIS
Old 08-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
One of my ultra cool Twitter friends posted this:

Taylor: "watcha listenin to? Me: "rhiannon" Taylor: "oh i love rihanna!"...i hate my friends....

JTIS
xD WOW thats probably a mistake I would do but the other way around
Me: whatcha listening to? Friend: Rihanna Me: Oh I LOVE RHIANNON! Stevie Nicks is amazing!!

=P

~Love, Caitlin~

Last edited by Enchanted_Stevi; 08-14-2010 at 09:16 AM..
Old 08-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm editing tags for a ton of live shows for a few friends and everything is on my desktop at the moment, and I swear it looks like it exploded. I'm so organized.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Back when he was shiny and pretty and mine:

I miss my pony Okay, end of depressing rant.
I sorry you miss your pony. But I have an important question: how's come you get to look so photogenic when sitting upon a pony, but I don't? Not fair!

Quote:
Congrats, my friend. While I was in Seattle for my mother's funeral, I went to a few meetings with my dad. I confess that any time anyone in there opened their mouths to speak, I wanted to shake them like rats or kick them in a punch fight, though. But I didn't. I didn't even yell at them like I wanted to. Because my dad is doing so well there, and he asked me to go for support.

They all just made me so damn angry. From a purely clinical perspective, my reaction was really interesting.

Quote:
My mom wants me to go to her 1 month sober AA meeting. SO I will. ANYTHING to keep her going and doing well.

WOW that is such a horrific story!! Its too bad how alcohol and drugs can take over someone. I'm glad your dad has been sober for a year! Thats quite the accomplishment!! Thanks so much for the offer if I need anyone to talk to =D I'll definatly take u up on it one day =)
Oh, you have no idea re: horrific. My dad was in the room with her when she finally went, and he still has nightmares about it. The first week or so, he couldn't sleep at all, because every time he closed his eyes, that's what he saw. Think of the worst gore scene in the worst horror movie you've ever seen, and multiply that by at least 5 - then you might be in the general ballpark.

Drinking is NOT WORTH IT, y'all. It's just so not worth it. I'm not a teetotaler or anything, but I am quite vigilant about policing my own intake, due to the environment I grew up in. They say having alcoholic parents makes you more likely to be one, too, and that is not a chance I am willing to take.

But yes. Go with her. Hopefully, you won't want to deck everyone like I wanted to.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 08-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Have you thought of trying Al-anon, Caitlin?
Old 08-15-2010, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Oh, you have no idea re: horrific. My dad was in the room with her when she finally went, and he still has nightmares about it. The first week or so, he couldn't sleep at all, because every time he closed his eyes, that's what he saw. Think of the worst gore scene in the worst horror movie you've ever seen, and multiply that by at least 5 - then you might be in the general ballpark.

Drinking is NOT WORTH IT, y'all. It's just so not worth it. I'm not a teetotaler or anything, but I am quite vigilant about policing my own intake, due to the environment I grew up in. They say having alcoholic parents makes you more likely to be one, too, and that is not a chance I am willing to take.

But yes. Go with her. Hopefully, you won't want to deck everyone like I wanted to.
WOW that sounds like a really not pleasent death =( I dont blame your dad for not sleeping for weeks! i'm sure if that was me I wouldnt be able to sleep for MONTHS!!! Only my mom drinks, my dad doesnt, but my moms bf does. So I guess you could say my "parents" are alcoholics since I live w/ my mom and her boyfriend.

I have never really been much of a drinker, like I know my limit and I'll have one or 2 drinks and that about it. I did one night get WAY too drunk and threw up in my driveway and had THE WORST HANGOVER EVER!! So after that I rarely drink. Vodka just doesnt appeal to me anymore lol

Well lets hope I dont wanna deck anyone =P

~Love, Caitlin~