The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Wow! I made a C in Algebra I. Then I failed Algebra II, and when I took it over I made a D. Then I had to take Trig and I got a D in that, too. Yep, high school sucked, but for other reasons besides math class, too.
wow! I'm suprised you didn't do better. I would never take trig, though. I had to retake biology, too. I got a B. But, I moved highschools my sophomore year, and i swear my new highschool had overall better science teachers, while my old highschool had overall better english teachers. I mean, that math teacher and my biology teacher were really bad...But i can be good at math if i just do my homework (not super advanced math like calculus and trig, i don't think, though) but i really am pretty bad at science. I think in words really well, and a big part of algebra is word problems, so...Anyway, my overall hs gpa was 3.0, and i didn't work that hard. I was in choir and Drama and 2-3 sports a year, though, so that took up a goodly amount of afterschool time and energy. Thank god!!!!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
wow! I'm suprised you didn't do better. I would never take trig, though. I had to retake biology, too. I got a B. But, I moved highschools my sophomore year, and i swear my new highschool had overall better science teachers, while my old highschool had overall better english teachers. I mean, that math teacher and my biology teacher were really bad...But i can be good at math if i just do my homework (not super advanced math like calculus and trig, i don't think, though) but i really am pretty bad at science. I think in words really well, and a big part of algebra is word problems, so...Anyway, my overall hs gpa was 3.0, and i didn't work that hard. I was in choir and Drama and 2-3 sports a year, though, so that took up a goodly amount of afterschool time and energy. Thank god!!!!
Oh, I am so bad in math! I do pretty well in science, though. Chemistry was hard on me, though. I was all into choir and the creative writers club and stuff like that. I loved my English classes, too, and that was about all I cared about. I got out of high school with a 2.9. I could've done a lot better but I didn't care about most of my classes. I didn't start really caring until college.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG! I got an A in Algebra I, and now I am getting an A in Algebra II! But, I got a D in Geometry...Totally almost failed. I had to do a lot of cheating to pass that class!

"Age is just a number... The rest is just a state of mind."
Old 01-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Oh, I am so bad in math! I do pretty well in science, though. Chemistry was hard on me, though. I was all into choir and the creative writers club and stuff like that. I love my English classes, too, and that was about all I cared about. I got out of high school with a 2.9. I could've done a lot better but I didn't care about most of my classes. I didn't start really caring until college.
well, college is the place to care!
that's good you're ok in science. I only got a C in basic chem. But my teacher was so funny i just kept laughing all period, plus i had a really funny friend in the class... Note to self: Pay attention, Bitch!
oh, and "Lights in the Fast Lane" from the radio.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicksEO17
OMG! I got an A in Algebra I, and now I am getting an A in Algebra II! But, I got a D in Geometry...Totally almost failed. I had to do a lot of cheating to pass that class!
cheating! omigaw!
hehehehe.
I don't care, it's ok. Congrats on your good grades.
I never cheated, though...
unless you count making my lab partner do most of the work in Bio cheating...

Old 01-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicksEO17
Wow, needless to say, you've done soooooooo much better in Algebra than I did! I didn't have too many problems in Geometry, though. I think I pulled off a low B. When I got into Trig, though, that was a nightmare.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow, needless to say, you've done soooooooo much better in Algebra than I did! I didn't have too many problems in Geometry, though. I think I pulled off a low B. When I got into Trig, though, that was a nightmare.
I can pull off B's in Algebra II...It's so easy....Chemistry is BITCH though.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I never cheated, though...
unless you count making my lab partner do most of the work in Bio cheating...
Oh, so many of my lab partners did most of the work! I could deal with the whole lecture aspect of biology most of the time, but when we had to go do lab crap, I was so lost!

And I also copied the answers out of the back of the book in math class. And when we were supposed to "show work," I just made up some crap to fill the space.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
I can pull off B's in Algebra II...It's so easy....Chemistry is BITCH though.

Yes, a bitch that will slap you first, as far as i'm concerned. And throw a drink in your face!

Old 01-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yes, a bitch that will slap you first, as far as i'm concerned. And throw a drink in your face!
My old Chemistry teacher would've loved this. Even she said she didn't like chemistry!
Old 01-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, so many of my lab partners did most of the work! I could deal with the whole lecture aspect of biology most of the time, but when we had to go do lab crap, I was so lost!

And I also copied the answers out of the back of the book in math class. And when we were supposed to "show work," I just made up some crap to fill the space.
cheater! I didn't do that, cause it wouldn't help me on the tests. sometimes i used that to help me figure out the answer though (wow, who would've thought i was such a principled person? )
Yeah, the deal with biology labs....half the time i couldn't see any damn thing in the stupid microscope! On my biology tests, sometimes they would have us draw pictures of certain things...I would just describe the process in words...
I was like, "great, so i have to do art now, in addition to understanding this?!"

Old 01-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was like, "great, so i have to do art now, in addition to understanding this?!"
I know! Whenever I drew pictures for any science tests they were beyond lame and so embarrassing!
Old 01-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know! Whenever I drew pictures for any science tests they were beyond lame and so embarrassing!

I must admit though, it was frustrating to realize there were things i wasn't good at without trying hard... I already knew at an early age, though, that i didn't have the family gift for art...
oh, and "Refugee" on the radio.

Old 01-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"you think you're gonna take her away...with your money and your cocaine..."
that song, yeah.

Old 01-21-2005, 09:55 PM
DeadliestPoison
This message has been deleted by DeadliestPoison.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
Heh. I'm horrible with Algebra. Good with Chemistry. Great with English. So-so with History.

Math & I don't get along. -_-
That's weird. I always thought Math and Science went along together in people's brains.(they did with my friends) but really, it isn't so. But there are different types of math and science, so that probably explains it. But i always thought people who were good at Chemistry science would be good at math, too.

Old 01-21-2005, 10:06 PM
takenbythesky
This message has been deleted by takenbythesky.