Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2023, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
The 2018-19 version of the band was Fakewood Mac. A cheap cover band. The only tour I've ever missed. Because I had zero interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Well, what can you expect from someone who worships Lindsey Buckingham?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-18-2023, 05:12 PM

You guys have really had me thinking the last month or so (posts)... not you bwboy.. you're just a lil crazy lately...

But, what if LB tinkering with the 2018 tour: I.E. trying to change dates (postpone), having a solo show in there, being a bit too negotiative... gave mgmt a flashback from 1987. Then add $tevie in all her new found power itching to axe him and control the band. Add Classic East/West SteveMac theory ...

What if all that combined greased the wheels for a pink slip. From a business stand point, nobody is going to mess with a 100 million plus grossing tour. $tevie is Don Henley... And that's that..... it's all about money and power.

It's Fake in the sense that it wasn't a band anymore, it's an entity. I have to respect Lindsey for standing up for art, his art.. and somewhat the legacy. I don't think he's cutting edge or even out there. But, girl did know how to fall on a sword. And, he also didn't read the room when it came to just how much clout he had lost since 1987 or even 1997/2003. $tevie played to win, even if I meant destroying the legacy. I like Mike Campbell a lot. But he and Neil were their pawns or insurance policy for a HUGE amount of money.

Period. Now, you all can go back to your worshipping Christine.
Old 01-18-2023, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Nice try, but if you go back, you’ll see that I said new music was possible, but I was never more than 50/50 that it would actually happen.

Ever.

I always had complete faith in Fleetwood Mac’s (Stevie’s) ability to screw up something like having Neil Finn and Mike Campbell in the band.
I agree that there could have been a LBCM Part 2 recorded during lockdown, maybe not released because Lindsey was promoting his self-titled album (I know it's old) in 2021.

I do think it's the same for FM too during lockdown, and before the 2018 tour too. Mike cranked out plenty of new music. I guess Crowded House too though I think CH's one album started recording in 2019, but still they got one out. Would have been great to hear a new FM sound. I don't consider Find Your Way Home a Mac song. It's a dreary Neil song. I do like Neil, including To the Island and Playing With Fire.

As I think you meant, Stevie is the one who won't record with FM. Just look at her 2022 Tour setlist to see what her interest is in playing new music to arenas and outdoor arenas. She didn't perform her lockdown creation after saying it's in the list with Edge and Stand Back.
Old 01-18-2023, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Let me take a stab at this. The reason why the 2018 tour was so bitter and can be called fake was for several reasons. Its not the same to equate Lindsey, Christine, and Stevie's voluntary leaving the band with Lindsey's firing. No one had been fired from Fleetwood Mac since the early 70s. However the band was not firing just a guitarist like they did in the early 70s. Lindsey was the man behind the curtain, singer, songwriter, guitarist, and producer. When he came back he kept the band rolling and touring with SYW and Unleashed. Without him, it would have just been one big Stevie road show. But it gets worse. He was fired for the dumbest reason ever. At first the band could not even explain why Lindsey was not there. Their story kept changing. But it gets worse. Lindsey already signed the deal to tour with the band almost a year prior. Sure enough just as the band was supposed to start tour rehearsals, he gets fired and they hire/replace him with 2 unusual people. One of them was the late Tom Petty's guitarist who Stevie felt great loyalty to. The whole think just stinks so bad. This was not Lindsey's choice. He was kicked to the curb on what would be Fleetwood Mac's LAST bloody tour. Its outrageous, dumb, and just plain silly. Wait, it gets worse. This incarnation of the band performed Lindsey song from the stage. They had no shame. For all of the reasons above, this court is ruling that its proper to call them Fakewood Mac.
Let us not forget that Stevie wanted to replace Christine with Sheryl Crow. She brought her back up singers to Fleetwood Mac. And she finally brought one of her guitarists to Fleetwood Mac. It really should be called StevieMac.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-18-2023 at 06:01 PM..
Old 01-18-2023, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's Fake in the sense that it wasn't a band anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
For all of the reasons above, this court is ruling that its proper to call them Fakewood Mac.
and the verdict for the 2 of you:
Quote:
Well, what can you expect from someone who worships Lindsey Buckingham?.

@bwboy this is just some pure unadulterated fun. in case you are wondering why everyone is disputing your logic. none of these people "worship LB". nor do majority of LB fans.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-18-2023, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
It really should be called StevieMac.
it should have been.

maybe yet another reason why Mick tried his hardest to bring back in John and Christine, when they both at first didn't want anything to do with the bs SN/IA pulled.

Old 01-18-2023, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
@bwboy this is just some pure unadulterated fun. in case you are wondering why everyone is disputing your logic. none of these people "worship LB". nor do majority of LB fans.
And here I’d been a pretty good boy lately and not getting cranky. I guess I just reached my threshold of the Fleetwood Mac/Fakewood Mac debate and threw my hissy fit. Now that I got it out of my system, I’ll be good for another two months or so, until I reach my threshold again and throw my hairbrush across the room and start posting cranky comments! But I don’t feel like everyone is disputing my logic. I mean, I have tickets for the concert I saw that clearly says Fleetwood Mac, so I’m good. My logic is, whether Lindsey quit or was fired, the end result was the same- FM toured without him.

Last edited by bwboy; 01-18-2023 at 06:55 PM..
Old 01-18-2023, 07:42 PM
cbBen
This message has been deleted by cbBen.
Old 01-18-2023, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I kind of wonder if John and Chris-- much as they loved lindsey-- were just sick of the constant fighting between L+S. In that BBC documentary chris says while she was gone, she didn't miss much, because those 2 were still 'fighting like cats and dogs, tearing each other limb from limb'...why would it have been different once she returned? maybe things were peachy for a little while but i'm sure it didn't take long before they were at each other's throats again. and on the road, that drama affects everybody.

All that stuff had to have gotten old, and they may have been just fed up w the negativity between L/S. there must have been 1000 things that went on that we are not privy to. and maybe in the end they wanted to tour enough that they agreed to let Lindsey go and continue w Neil and Mike. Chris said she loved lindsey, but that she was having so much fun w the new guys, that it was a happy positive environment. it broke my heart when they fired lindsey, and yes it pissed me off that they caved to stevie, but maybe they'd just had enough. as chris said...'you gotta look forward, mate.'

just my thoughts...

--Lis
Old 01-18-2023, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You guys have really had me thinking the last month or so (posts)... not you bwboy.. you're just a lil crazy lately...

But, what if LB tinkering with the 2018 tour: I.E. trying to change dates (postpone), having a solo show in there, being a bit too negotiative... gave mgmt a flashback from 1987. Then add $tevie in all her new found power itching to axe him and control the band. Add Classic East/West SteveMac theory ...

What if all that combined greased the wheels for a pink slip. From a business stand point, nobody is going to mess with a 100 million plus grossing tour. $tevie is Don Henley... And that's that..... it's all about money and power.

It's Fake in the sense that it wasn't a band anymore, it's an entity. I have to respect Lindsey for standing up for art, his art.. and somewhat the legacy. I don't think he's cutting edge or even out there. But, girl did know how to fall on a sword. And, he also didn't read the room when it came to just how much clout he had lost since 1987 or even 1997/2003. $tevie played to win, even if I meant destroying the legacy. I like Mike Campbell a lot. But he and Neil were their pawns or insurance policy for a HUGE amount of money.

Period. Now, you all can go back to your worshipping Christine.
I mostly agree with all of this, but I don’t think Stevie was itching to axe Lindsey.

However, I think her tolerance for Lindsey dramatically changed after Tom Petty died. As we all do when someone we love dies, she reflected on her life and I think came to the conclusion that life’s too short.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-18-2023, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I kind of wonder if John and Chris-- much as they loved lindsey-- were just sick of the constant fighting between L+S. In that BBC documentary chris says while she was gone, she didn't miss much, because those 2 were still 'fighting like cats and dogs, tearing each other limb from limb'...why would it have been different once she returned? maybe things were peachy for a little while but i'm sure it didn't take long before they were at each other's throats again. and on the road, that drama affects everybody.

All that stuff had to have gotten old, and they may have been just fed up w the negativity between L/S. there must have been 1000 things that went on that we are not privy to. and maybe in the end they wanted to tour enough that they agreed to let Lindsey go and continue w Neil and Mike. Chris said she loved lindsey, but that she was having so much fun w the new guys, that it was a happy positive environment. it broke my heart when they fired lindsey, and yes it pissed me off that they caved to stevie, but maybe they'd just had enough. as chris said...'you gotta look forward, mate.'

just my thoughts...

--Lis
except John and Chris had absolutely nothing to do with LB firing.

we've been hearing behind-the-scenes rumors at the time (couple of months before it became public). John disagreed when it was first brought up and Mick had to go after him and talk him into it. Chris left the band for a week, when she was told (they did it in her absence, while she was on the plane from the UK to US - or the other way around, can't remember now). they both refused at first and then Mick worked on both of them to talk them into agreeing.

that said, yes i believe SN and LB kept fighting on and off. and yes, Chris and Mick both played along for the PR that you mention, in Mick's case to a very annoying level. although Chris didn't at first, for that CBS interview, and they had to cut her remarks out for the piece that aired - Rolling Stone magazine later posted them.

i'm sure Christine and John both made the most of it once the tour started. Neil and Mike seem to be nice guys, and they both later made clear that they were told Lindsey left on his own accord, and not the real story.

Stevie & Azoff infused unnecessary band discord into Cristine's last years, broke dysfunctional FM family, and deprived Christine of her happy fruitful collaboration with Lindsey, creating and performing, which by all signs they planned to continue before that faithful day. and this actually hurts now, when Christine is no longer among us. but also, i am now really glad that she did tour in 2018-19, managing to make the best of the bad situation and live her life to the fullest.

Last edited by elle; 01-18-2023 at 08:53 PM..
Old 01-18-2023, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do you have a link to that Rolling Stone post of her comments that CBS cut, or could you please post them here? Thanks.

I didn't like Christine saying she "completely understood" why they had to part ways with Lindsey and agreed it had to be done. She would have been better to call in sick for the interview if she was prepared to say those things.
Old 01-18-2023, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Do you have a link to that Rolling Stone post of her comments that CBS cut, or could you please post them here? Thanks.

I didn't like Christine saying she "completely understood" why they had to part ways with Lindsey and agreed it had to be done. She would have been better to call in sick for the interview if she was prepared to say those things.
if you do a search here on the ledge, it should come up. it was posted here at the time, and we discussed it.

i may try to search later for you.

EDIT: i think this thread is discussing the article, but there was just a link to it and unfortunately i don't see the whole article being transcribed https://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showt...view+Christine - maybe someone can do a better search?

EDIT #2: apparently i transcribed the actual article, if that's the one - here's the post https://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showp...&postcount=128
looking through the discussion, i think the part that was cut out in CBS interview was when Chris said that she was flying to London and only heard about this when she landed. there are some other threads where the cutting out of some of Christine's statement(s) was discussed. that was surprising to people because the first statements were that the WHOLE band has decided they could not go on with Lindsey anymore. and then Christine came out and said she was not there, and was only told later.

Last edited by elle; 01-18-2023 at 09:27 PM..
Old 01-18-2023, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's a real sadness and restrained anger, perhaps, in Christine when she talks about Lindsey leaving in 87 and being replaced by Billy and Rick in the BBC documentary- just listen to the pauses...

"and we all decided we gotta replace Lindsey, and that's when we got Billy Burnette and Rick Vito and rehearsed frantically and went out on the road ...it wasn't the same .. obviously"

She was technically talking about Billy and Rick, but her body language and careful choice of words seem to indicate the 2018 sacking as well as Mike and Neil were on her mind.

https://youtu.be/FfE5fHeBWEg?t=3558

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 01-18-2023 at 09:08 PM..
Old 01-18-2023, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now that I got it out of my system, I’ll be good for another two months or so, until I reach my threshold again and throw my hairbrush across the room and start posting cranky comments! .
you can't say you are good boy now - i didn't see your apology for hitting me with that brush in your hissy fit, while getting whatever your problem was outta the system.

Old 01-18-2023, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, like, I really miss Christine. I’m still grieving.