User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm thinking she might be pretty easy-going towards outside producer or not. Lindsey has been adamant about outside producer, so to me it's a no-brainer there will be one for most songs. now if some of the songs are produced by Froom, while others are produced by someone else (like SN-LB produced WY), there will be non-cohesiveness in the album that everybody will complain about. so i'm curious to see how that will go.
I don't think Lindsey actually wanted an outside producer to free him up, so he wouldn't have to worry about all of that. I think he knew he would have to have one for Stevie and that's why he said that.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think Lindsey actually wanted an outside producer to free him up, so he wouldn't have to worry about all of that. I think he knew he would have to have one for Stevie and that's why he said that.

Michele
i think there are 2 parts of why imo he may be very open to outside producer:

1) he said he didn't want to put himself in the situation he was in with SYW again, when he dd tons of work only to be piled on for it afterwards.

and

2) pattern of his most recent work and collaborations, from Jon Brion, through Reznor, and Mitchell Froom to me says he's been actually enjoying working with people who have something to add to his approach, even when not with FM.

so i think he is very much open to an outside producer, and i don't see him taking producing of the whole album on himself again.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That's what I got out of it too!
and when you have a christine fan and a lindsey fan coming to the same conclusion, you know we must be right!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Hell, I want to talk about songs that could be added to the set-list, but I know that's way too early.
Haha, I've been waiting for the set list wishes to show up actually!! I'd love for Chris to think outside of the box with what she would bring to a hypothetical future FM set, but my guess is the likely return of Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Songbird, Everywhere...maybe Oh Daddy too. Personally, if Chris were to return, I'd like to see her resurrect a few pre-1975 songs into the mix.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Haha, I've been waiting for the set list wishes to show up actually!! I'd love for Chris to think outside of the box with what she would bring to a hypothetical future FM set, but my guess is the likely return of Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Songbird, Everywhere...maybe Oh Daddy too. Personally, if Chris were to return, I'd like to see her resurrect a few pre-1975 songs into the mix.
hold me and think about me. (any songs with lots of lindsey on it, actually... yeah yeah yeah one track mind, i know!)

Old 11-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Well if this story is true, I'm just gonna be happier than a pig in slop. I never never never never ever thought I'd see this happen in a million years. Fingers crossed for a new album (5 songs from Linds, 4 from Stevie, and 4 from Chris make a perfectly rounded record!)... but I'll be satisfied with seeing them on tour as the Five Fireflies!
Old 11-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
2) pattern of his most recent work and collaborations, from Jon Brion, through Reznor, and Mitchell Froom to me says he's been actually enjoying working with people who have something to add to his approach, even when not with FM.
And I really don't see him as collaborating with anyone that much, not as much as he did in the seventies and eighties. To me, he's more isolated than he's ever been, rather than reversing that pattern.

I actually think it would benefit him to have some outside production or at least a third ear, on his solo endeavors. If he was doing that more, I'd be inclined to agree with you that he'd be open to doing it with the Mac.

As far as them doing it piecemeal goes and having different producers on different tracks, I think we already have a problem with cohesion as things now stand. If they put the EP songs on the album with the songs Lindsey already recorded with Mick and John and don't have Froom working on the new Stevie and Christine songs too.

I hope that the EP songs won't be on the album as well. I want 12 new songs. They can use the songs that Lindsey had already if he really likes them, but don't use what's already been recorded. Record again.

Also, if the songs Lindsey already recorded were not edgy, I think he should do new ones and be a little quirky and let Christine bring the more traditional ones to the table.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have always wanted to hear FM work with Got a Hold on Me. I'd be so thrilled and surprised to see that on a setlist.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have always wanted to hear FM work with Got a Hold on Me. I'd be so thrilled and surprised to see that on a setlist.

Michele
That would be a nice surprise for sure. I always felt Chris should have included it in the 1987-88 Mac shows. The song has basically faded into obscurity by now but I sure wouldn't mind hearing the band play it.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If they put the EP songs on the album with the songs Lindsey already recorded with Mick and John and don't have Froom working on the new Stevie and Christine songs too.

I hope that the EP songs won't be on the album as well. I want 12 new songs. They can use the songs that Lindsey had already if he really likes them, but don't use what's already been recorded. Record again.

Also, if the songs Lindsey already recorded were not edgy, I think he should do new ones and be a little quirky and let Christine bring the more traditional ones to the table.
i fully expect those songs are not edgy. they are, after all, fleetwood mac-y.

i agree with you re EP, that's exactly what i was referring to. what they put out on EP was not cohesive because of different producers. so imo, Froom should produce the rest of the album, too.

i don't see SN being completely set on Dave Stewart and closed off to a vast world of opportunity out there, i'd give her more credit than that. i believe she'd be open to giving someone else a chance and see what happens. plus if Dave is brought in, he seems like a person who can easily work with others, and i don't think he'd have much problem with Froom having the reigns.

maybe i'm too idealistic?

i mean why wouldn't SN want to try Froom? do we know that she dislikes his style? or would it be because Lindsey brought him in? in that case, wouldn't that be extremely childish? i would like to think these people have grown up at least some and can be more professional than that.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That would be a nice surprise for sure. I always felt Chris should have included it in the 1987-88 Mac shows. The song has basically faded into obscurity by now but I sure wouldn't mind hearing the band play it.
I do wonder how many people in the audience would remember it once the chorus started. Something they hadn't thought about in almost 30 years.

I mentioned Calumny and Northern Star before and I just love them so much. I would like to know if Lindsey has heard Christine's album. I want him to hear those. If Stars Are Crazy and Shut Us Down inspired him and made him want to use them (or Blue Letter too, if you want to go old school), then I would hope Calumny and Northern Star might speak to him, especially given her amazing vocals on them, and make him wonder about the FM possibilities. What could the group bring to those gems that deserve wider exposure.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i fully expect those songs are not edgy. they are, after all, fleetwood mac-y.
Fleetwood Mac has been edgy.

I don't know how Stevie feels about Froom. Certainly he's worked with a vast array of people, including her friend Sheryl Crow. But I'm not anxious to get any more from Froom myself, whatever her feelings may be.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

forgot to mention something else - even if they are not edgy, i would still like to hear those other 5 songs LB recorded with John and Mick. i don't want them disappearing into oblivion.

if Lindsey has more song ideas, he should put them out solo.

but he should use those already recorded 5 songs and work with Christine on hers for the FM album, and get that all out asap.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fleetwood Mac has been edgy.
i agree they have been. periods i'd consider "edgy" though don't seem to be well liked FM periods among the majority of their fans (sweeping generalization, i know). i'm mostly talking about a lot of Tusk and some of Lindsey's SYW songs, btw, as "edgy".

what would you count as their edgy songs / periods?

Old 11-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
forgot to mention something else - even if they are not edgy, i would still like to hear those other 5 songs LB recorded with John and Mick. i don't want them disappearing into oblivion.
How did we get GOS in the first place?

Hey you, person who leaked GOS for us, if Lindsey has any more songs with John and Mick on them that are harbored and not officially released soon, please leak those other songs to us. Thanks.

Michele