The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A coworker said next week is rock? lemme see if anything up on the website yet....
Old 04-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sweet Jesus. It IS Queen. How can they ruin these songs? I can't even begin to count the ways.

OK, if Mandisa does "Fat Bottom Girls" she will forever be my hero & I will vote for her 100 times. Seriously.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
OK, if Mandisa does "Fat Bottom Girls" she will forever be my hero & I will vote for her 100 times. Seriously.
right on That would be fantastic!
Old 04-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

According to http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp Mandisa or Elliot will be leaving tonight. I hope they're wrong.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 04-05-2006 at 12:30 PM..
Old 04-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
According to http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp Madis or Elliot will be leaving tonight. I hope they're wrong.

I' be so pissed.

Using my patented "try to vote for everyone once to see who you can get through for" method, 35 minutes after the east coast show I was unable to get through for Taylor (ugh), the pickle & Chris, with some difficulty getting through for Katharine & Mandisa. No problems at all for the rest of them.

By 10, the pickle & Chris were the only 2 lines still busy.

I think Ace, Bucky & Elliot may be bottom 3, with mandisa as a shocker.

I personally would prefer it to be Ace, Bucky & Taylor, based on this week's performances. And I really think Bucky might go.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller

One will be going home tonight though, I hope it's Ace.
Eek! I accidentally voted for Ace! I had to vote extra for Chris and Katharine to cover for my mistake. I thought Chris was really good this week. As much as I hate to say it, Kellie wasn't horrible. No one else really cut it. I did vote once or twice for Paris and Taylor, just because I don't want them to go yet. I couldn't bring myself to vote for Mandisa though, even though she is usually really good. Last night and the week before totally dampened my enthusiam for her.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceress
Last night and the week before totally dampened my enthusiam for her.
me too. she's still my favorite I just wonder if she's as good as I initially thought. if she's out, then I'd root for Chris.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was gonna comment on all this last night, but the show was so awful I couldn't bring myself to do so.

Just a few things, however:

1. Why do the judges blast singers covering well-known pop artists for "running the risk of comparison", yet it's perfectly OK for Pickle to sing "Fancy" exactly like Reba. Not as good as Reba, but she didn't "make the song her own" or anything even close.

2. Simon busting Ryan with the Desperate Housewives jab was my fave exchange ever (especially considering the pics that came out last week). It's just sad that the judges are more entertaining than the singers.

3. Do you think Kenny Rogers owns Botox stock?

4. WHO LET MANDISA ONSTAGE WEARING THAT TOP? We should nominate her for What Not To Wear so she can learn about the dangers of horizontal stripes AND halter tops on full-figured ladies.

5. If Katharine doesn't win, how long before she hits the strip-club circuit? Her "act" is already at least 50% Gypsy Rose Lee with all the hip stroking and wiggling.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
I was gonna comment on all this last night, but the show was so awful I couldn't bring myself to do so.

Just a few things, however:

1. Why do the judges blast singers covering well-known pop artists for "running the risk of comparison", yet it's perfectly OK for Pickle to sing "Fancy" exactly like Reba. Not as good as Reba, but she didn't "make the song her own" or anything even close.

2. Simon busting Ryan with the Desperate Housewives jab was my fave exchange ever (especially considering the pics that came out last week). It's just sad that the judges are more entertaining than the singers.

3. Do you think Kenny Rogers owns Botox stock?

4. WHO LET MANDISA ONSTAGE WEARING THAT TOP? We should nominate her for What Not To Wear so she can learn about the dangers of horizontal stripes AND halter tops on full-figured ladies.

5. If Katharine doesn't win, how long before she hits the strip-club circuit? Her "act" is already at least 50% Gypsy Rose Lee with all the hip stroking and wiggling.
I couldn't agree with you more. You read my mind.

Poor Mandiva. She is so gorgeous, but it looked like they took a damn floormat and made a top for her. She needs to stick to simple patters, if any pattern at all.

I didn't think Katharine was all that great. Of course, that's not my favorite Faith Hill song either, but she sounded very shrill to me and it was one of those songs that you either like or don't like...
Old 04-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Considering Mandisa hates teh gays, I'm shocked she'd agree to singing a Freddie Mercury song. Good thing he's dead or else she'd try to sick Beth Moore on his ass.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just read on Best Week Ever blog that Teri Hatcher says she and Ryan are definitely NOT an item and were never actually dating.

Which makes Simon's comment even funnier.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Considering Mandisa hates teh gays, I'm shocked she'd agree to singing a Freddie Mercury song. Good thing he's dead or else she'd try to sick Beth Moore on his ass.
Beth Moore is an evil bitch. I'd not heard of the connection until now. It will completely change AI for me.

researching...
Old 04-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey J!

Where did you hear that? (And how did I miss that?)
Old 04-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
Beth Moore is an evil bitch. I'd not heard of the connection until now. It will completely change AI for me.

researching...
http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/mandisa/

Who is your AMERICAN IDOL?

An author and speaker named Beth Moore. She inspires me to live more like Jesus and I want to do the same.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/mandisa/

Who is your AMERICAN IDOL?

An author and speaker named Beth Moore. She inspires me to live more like Jesus and I want to do the same.
I'm physically ill. I can't believe it.

****. just ****.