User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
my feelings exactly. All of what you said.

Wonder whether all people lamenting that current reincarnation is stale have seen them in concert in 2013? Because they were tight and rocking, far from stale.

That said,i was one of the lucky people who got to see them a lot last year- and so I've seen enough of the 4 in 2013, and would not go see them again in 2014 if it was the same configuration. If Christine is back, I definitely want to experience the version of the greatest hits performed by the 5. Plus I think we will actually get Lindsey solo back muchfaster if Christine tours with them this summer than if it's still just the 4 in the summer and then they follow that with a full fledged return of the 5.

As for the ticket prices, I don't see them commanding the rolling stones prices, far from it, esp not in the US or continental Europe. UK may be a very different story. But that's talking about face. Mick's tickets may be a very different story. During 2013 he charged around $400, so that was doable especially since at some venues the face was well over $200. During Unleashed I've heard that he charged $ 1200 or so for basically the same thing. That's astronomical.

On the unleashed tour I won one of the charity auctions on Ebay and I paid just slightly above face value for tickets to Ottawa. It was like 10-15 dollars more if I remember correctly. I could see the tickets being 180- 200 dollars but maybe they won't get greedy and keep them under 170.00.

Micks tickets may go for 600.00 and upwards.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Honestly I don't give two sh*ts about Buckingham Nicks, the album. I've always thought it was it mediocre. The only stand out track for me was "Stephanie" which Lindsey already did live, the only thing missing was Stevie twirling in the background. Its been done.

If I had to go to a show filled with songs like "Without You," I would be devastated. I mean it was ok, but nothing mind blowing. Those Buckingham Nicks songs were never my cup of tea, I always wondered why it was so coveted.

I was actually hoping for more solo work. In Your Dreams, Seeds We Sow, Gift of Screws, these were albums and tours that made me excited. Fleetwood Mac just seems to be a rehash these days. Although, I will say they seemed much happier this year than at Unleashed.

My worry about Christine's return is a rehash of the Dance. I never need to hear "Over My Head" ever again....however if they kick into something like Isn't it Midnight, I'll freak.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Honestly I don't give two sh*ts about Buckingham Nicks, the album. I've always thought it was it mediocre. The only stand out track for me was "Stephanie" which Lindsey already did live, the only thing missing was Stevie twirling in the background. Its been done.

If I had to go to a show filled with songs like "Without You," I would be devastated. I mean it was ok, but nothing mind blowing. Those Buckingham Nicks songs were never my cup of tea, I always wondered why it was so coveted.

I was actually hoping for more solo work.
if ever, by any miracle, BN tour does happen, would you go see it though?

i don't think i would. my opinion about BN album / songs is very similar to yours.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-14-2014, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I understand it not being your thing, but the Buckingham Nicks album is not filled with songs like "Without You". In fact, from a musical perspective, "Stephanie" is actually the closest thing to "Without You" on the album. I just find that ironic. I would imagine a Buckingham Nicks show would not consist of a solely acoustic set. "Frozen Love", "Crying in the Night", "Don't Let Me Down Again"....

To each his own.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
my opinion about BN album / songs is very similar to yours.
Stevie says she AND Lindsey still think it's the best album they've ever done.

That's what she said. Almost every night.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

yup. they are delusional.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I understand it not being your thing, but the Buckingham Nicks album is not filled with songs like "Without You". In fact, from a musical perspective, "Stephanie" is actually the closest thing to "Without You" on the album. I just find that ironic. I would imagine a Buckingham Nicks show would not consist of a solely acoustic set. "Frozen Love", "Crying in the Night", "Don't Let Me Down Again"....

To each his own.
You mean the chords? I'm not musically trained, I wouldn't know. You're right, to each his own, as far as FM goes, ya they need to reach into different territory. The remaining deep cuts on the first three LPs (Rumours lineup) aren't exactly thrillers (Blue Letter and That's Enough for Me would make me gitty). Unless they're willing to hit Mirage, Tango, and SYW with more depth, there's really nothing I'm interested in for them to explore onstage unless that was new music.

However, when the 5 fireflies come together, magic has always been made. Maybe Chris is the missing piece to the formula to make that amazing sound again.

Did you hear the version of DLMDA from the 2004 opening night?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yup. they are delusional.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
if ever, by any miracle, BN tour does happen, would you go see it though?

i don't think i would. my opinion about BN album / songs is very similar to yours.
I'd go if Stevie was belching into the microphone and Lindsey folding the laundry for 2 hours. Its the little things for me...the deep cut or the new shawl...it's always worth it.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You mean the chords? I'm not musically trained, I wouldn't know...

Did you hear the version of DLMDA from the 2004 opening night?
I just meant they are both acoustic songs. The only other song on Buckingham Nicks that falls into that category is "Django", but it's more of a Spanish flamenco type thing so I wouldn't compare it to "Stephanie" or "Without You", again I was just going by the music obviously since there are no lyrics. The only song lyrically I would compare to "Without You" is "Crystal".

I've heard the boots of DLMDA from 2004. Did you not like that?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and Lindsey folding the laundry for 2 hours. Its the little things for me...
I bet Stevie would pay to see that. LOL.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:

There is not a bad tune on that album. It's an amazing album. I just don't like their work now. I'm hoping w/ Christine there will be some balance.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
There is not a bad tune on that album. It's an amazing album. I just don't like their work now. I'm hoping w/ Christine there will be some balance.
Fair enough.

I like it all.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Fair enough.

I like it all.
I would never have guessed that!!
Old 01-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yeah, but she also holds Katy Perry and John Mayer in high regard...

BN is an okay album, just like "Penguin" (specifically Christine's material) was an okay album. Good, but nowhere near what they were together.

THE Stephen Hopkins