Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I like Buckingham Nicks.

Lindsey staying in Fleetwood Mac without Stevie? Not bloody likely!

Old 03-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"There are avenues I’m investigating to bring it into the future while respecting the past, everything from film projects to a line of accessories and furniture for the home"

God help us.......
Old 03-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
"There are avenues I’m investigating to bring it into the future while respecting the past, everything from film projects to a line of accessories and furniture for the home"

God help us.......
i know . Mick is definitely no Priscilla Presley when it comes to legacy augmenting avenues or business skills.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Since you're proposing a facelift, why not toss in a couple of new young energetic male singers, as well, who can also really sing, look gorgeous and write? .
Sadly though you can be gorgeous and female and sell a lot of albums based on that fact alone.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

After reading the Playboy article I think a couple of things are clear. There's not going to be a new FM album anytime soon because Mick needs cash for his divorce settlement.
Stevie's willing to go out on tour at less than her standard rate to do an abbreviated set and less stressful tour schedule than she has with FM. That says a lot. Mick might be right. FM may be done (again).
Old 03-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
what do you call what Stevie did the 10 years between Trouble in Trouble in Shangri-La & In your Dreams ?

You made a very valid point!
Old 03-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
They don't have to remake Rumours. But why don't they give making a record with mass market appeal a shot?
Why? It could be the massingess mass appeal album ever, but people aren't going to buy it from artists in their sixties, no matter how contemporary and commercial it sounds.

If they start writing for Taylor Swift, that would be their best shot to appealing to a widespread audience.

Michele
Old 03-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post

Lindsey staying in Fleetwood Mac without Stevie? Not bloody likely!

Exactly.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Why? It could be the massingess mass appeal album ever, but people aren't going to buy it from artists in their sixties, no matter how contemporary and commercial it sounds.

If they start writing for Taylor Swift, that would be their best shot to appealing to a widespread audience.

Michele
Well there's not going to be any album now or for the forseeable future. Maybe they could be the first band in their seventies to have an album crack the top ten on the Billboard Hot 100. Or as someone on another forum suggested, Mick and Stevie could get married.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What a sh*tty thing to do to Stevie while she's most assuredly still grieving the loss of her mom.
What an understandable thing to do while he’s clearly morning the loss of the life he’s known for at least 16 years.

I’m sorry, but the “poor Stevie” routine gets old. She sh*ts all over Lindsey to the press for being an a$$hole during SYW, and then she loves him during IYD, and that’s okay. She talks about how Fleetwood Mac would scare her and was mean to her, and then she says Mick’s her best friend, and that’s okay. Mick says that Stevie’s pulling out of a lucrative tour was frustrating for him, and HE'S the a$$hole drama queen? Whatabuncha hypocritical bull*****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryscutter View Post
WHY tour in 2010/2011? They did Unleashed in 2009, to do it again would just be a big cash grab. THEY need to make new music or dont bother.
THANK YOU!!! Really, there’s no reason they can’t be working on something new right now. They could be recording a few albums right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post
They're also both dealing with major life traumas at the moment, and that can make people reckless. I hope I'm wrong and that they sort it out, just because I don't like to think of people with so much history being estranged. That makes me sad.
THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
How can anyone not see this interview as a complete pity play of the worst kind?
It’s no worse than some of the doozies Stevie and Lindsey have given us over the years. Hell, at times it was like reading Lindsey’s stage banter. At least Mick gave us the GD courtesy to keep it limited to a nudie magazine article and not a show people paid money to see.

Quote:
Didn't he do that with Out Of The Cradle though? I think he took a pretty good financial hit on that record and tour.
And then promptly weaseled his way back into Fleetwood Mac...He sank all of that time and money into OOTC, but it only sold about what “Time” sold, and Fleetwood Mac did NOTHING to promote that album (all of their touring was done prior to the record’s release) because Mick pulled the plug on that after Lindsey asked him to play on and co-produce his next “solo” album. Yeah, Lindsey is Joni Mitchell with male genitalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevieforever View Post
I'm sorry Mick but you should be grateful and happy that Stevie has hung around as long as she has.
It’s still not right that she’s apparently stringing them along.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It’s still not right that she’s apparently stringing them along.
"Apparently" being the key word. Having been a fan for over 30 years (ugh I'm old), I know you sometimes have to take what Stevie says with a grain of salt, but the same is absolutely true of Mick. Was he actually promised something? Stevie announced she wanted to do another solo record before the Unleashed tour ended, she spent about a year making it, and she said very early on she wanted to promote the hell out of it because it was so special to her. I know there were rumours about Fleetwood Mac tours.....from Mick, from promoters, etc....but it's pretty easy to say "I think there will probably be a tour sometime soon" without really having laid down any plans or thought about any logistics.

I'm sorry about his divorce, but I don't know why his professional situation is suddenly such a problem. His band members have had solo careers for over 30 years, and this hiatus has just not been that long. As some have said, he could carry on the Mac without Stevie (and the threat of doing so might get her back pretty quickly) or he can bide his time with side projects until the time is right for everyone. If you're going to call your associates wanting them to help make you a few million, you have to expect to do it on their timetables.

And I'll make one more push for a new album. If Mick was interested in recording, and not just the cash cow of touring, they could get in the studio now and have Stevie join them in her down time and still have the album out by this time next year (followed by a lucrative tour). They have been doing it that way for every album starting with Mirage.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
If Mick was interested in recording, and not just the cash cow of touring, they could get in the studio now and have Stevie join them in her down time and still have the album out by this time next year (followed by a lucrative tour). They have been doing it that way for every album starting with Mirage.
But since Stevie didn't like SYW, I think they all decided that they would not record another album that way and would try to do the next one from the ground up, if there should ever be a next one.

I say Mick go to England and try to do something with Christine. She has retired, but if someone came to her and was willing to work with her in her own space, I think she could probably be encouraged to lay down a few tracks. When you said "the threat of doing something might get her back pretty quickly" it occurred to me that nothing Mick could do would lure Stevie back faster than a one-off corroboration with the erstwhile bandmate.

Michele
Old 03-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But since Stevie didn't like SYW, I think they all decided that they would not record another album that way and would try to do the next one from the ground up, if there should ever be a next one.
exactly! while personally i really just want new lindsey albums, it's puzzling that some of the same people who were loud in insisting that not working together from the ground up should never happen again, are now proposing to do exactly that.

Quote:
I say Mick go to England and try to do something with Christine. She has retired, but if someone came to her and was willing to work with her in her own space, I think she could probably be encouraged to lay down a few tracks. When you said "the threat of doing something might get her back pretty quickly" it occurred to me that nothing Mick could do would lure Stevie back faster than a one-off corroboration with the erstwhile bandmate.
sounds good to me!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post

I'm sorry about his divorce, but I don't know why his professional situation is suddenly such a problem.
He needs the money because he's facing a cash payout as part of his divorce settlement (I'm speculating). All of the little side projects aren't going to add up to the 10 mil he'd get from the FM tour.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know how all four members working on an album "from the ground up" would solve the problems Stevie had with the last album. She apparently didn't like the way some of her songs turned out. Does that mean she wanted those songs to be a lot more like the demos she shipped from the road? Did she make her beefs known during the recording she was there for?

Maybe it was all just an argument over the inclusion of "Come," or a problem she had with the running order.

What does it even mean to work on an album from the ground up? That you write all your songs in the studio? The two writers could try that--maybe even try writing a song together--but I don't see how doing that would prevent the problems they had with Say You Will. If they have a prickly, unpleasant time working in the same room, doing the album from the ground up could even exacerbate that problem.

Musically, is there any advantage to be gained by writing & recording from the ground up? No, not when one of the members is influencing the final sound of the album fifty times as much as the other three members. That guy will still make his songs sound "out there" in comparison with the other songs.

Actually, the one musical advantage to the from the ground up method is that the tracks won't sound as if they were timestamped over the course of six or seven years. That was my main problem with Say You Will: I could literally hear four different major recording sessions spread out over six years. It sounded like a bootlegger had grabbed a bunch of unreleased stuff from the vaults, and thrown it onto a single CD-R regardless of what year it was recorded.

moviekinks.blogspot.com