The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
And you know this how?
The same way I know about other celebs. I'm judging this on what I know about whoever I know about. ie, everyone is on the same level of "what I have heard"
How are you judging it?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 06-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
. . . And he is still a nice, good, person.
that hopefully no mentally unstable persons listen to - otherwise he will not be so nice. I mean what if a post partun depressed mother saw that and took his advice and then went off her meds and killed her child - that is not that much of a stretch

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
It is not arrogant to tell Mat L. that he knows more about psychiatry when every psychiatrist has come out against what Cruise said, much less telling Brooke Shields how to live her life on some onterview - I mean come on
Not much more arrogant than Susan and Tim's little speaches to the entire country.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 06-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is not arrogant to tell Mat L. that he knows more about psychiatry when every psychiatrist has come out against what Cruise said, much less telling Brooke Shields how to live her life on some onterview - I mean come on

Exactly!

Old 06-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that hopefully no mentally unstable persons listen to - otherwise he will not be so nice. I mean what if a post partun depressed mother saw that and took his advice and then went off her meds and killed her child - that is not that much of a stretch
true. Or what if she started taking vitamins and exercising, and she was fine? We don't agree with that, but I submit that people should not be taking Tom's medical advice, anyways.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
true. Or what if she started taking vitamins and exercising, and she was fine? We don't agree with that, but I submit that people should not be taking Tom's medical advice, anyways.
but what if she kills the child in the interim or while trying to wade through Scientology while crazy.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Exactly!
I never thought of him as being arrogant before. But he has been behaving that way lately. Telling Matt he is glib and he doesn't know what Ritalin is and he doesn't know the history of psychiatry while he (Tom) does is completely arrogant. I think it is directly related to reaching this new "level" in Scientology and now that he is closer to the truth he sees others as in the dark.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not much more arrogant than Susan and Tim's little speaches to the entire country.
I agree - and stop comparing crazy to crazy - though in the former's defense, at least they were coherent and trying to save people from danger as opposed to potentialy putting them in it a la the post partum mother example.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree - and stop comparing crazy to crazy - though in the former's defense, at least they were coherent and trying to save people from danger as opposed to potentialy putting them in it a la the post partum mother example.
Yeah, exactly, i was comparing crazy to crazy. My point was, why is Tom getting so much flak, when he has, for years, been the nicest guy ever?
I mean, Courtney Love has constantly been way less than desireable, dangerous and bitchy, in fact, but Diss loves her. I just think y'all are making waaay to big a deal. Everyone has to whack out sometime.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
I never thought of him as being arrogant before. But he has been behaving that way lately. Telling Matt he is glib and he doesn't know what Ritalin is and he doesn't know the history of psychiatry while he (Tom) does is completely arrogant. I think it is directly related to reaching this new "level" in Scientology and now that he is closer to the truth he sees others as in the dark.
Isn't that how you are being by judging him right now? You think you are right, and he is in the dark. Doesn't everyone think that?

Old 06-29-2005, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The amount of times I'm agreeing with you tonight is SCARY.

At least Sarandon and Robbins acted civilized, informed, and not arrogant when they were invited on talk shows like Donahue for the express purpose of talking about Iraq. The same can't be said for Tom "I know everything even though multiple publications have debunked my claims about psychiatry" Cruise. He can't put a single thought together coherently. It would be easier to take, like it is with the other two, if he could do that.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The amount of times I'm agreeing with you tonight is SCARY.

At least Sarandon and Robbins acted civilized, informed, and not arrogant when they were invited on talk shows like Donahue for the express purpose of talking about Iraq. The same can't be said for Tom "I know everything even though multiple publications have debunked my claims about psychiatry" Cruise. He can't put a single thought together coherently. It would be easier to take, like it is with the other two, if he could do that.
I think they always look arrogant. I've seen him put thoughts together coherently. Everyone always seems better when you agree with them, I've noticed.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Shields blasts Cruise for 'rant'

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Actress Brooke Shields on Friday fired back at Tom Cruise after the actor criticized her for having revealed she had taken an antidepressant to cope with post-natal depression.

Shields called Cruise's comments "a disservice to mothers everywhere" in an opinion column for The New York Times.

"To suggest that I was wrong to take drugs to deal with my depression, and that instead I should have taken vitamins and exercised shows an utter lack of understanding about postpartum depression and childbirth in general," the actress wrote.

"If any good can come of Mr. Cruise's ridiculous rant, let's hope that it gives much-needed attention to a serious disease."

During interviews to promote his new film, "War of the Worlds," Cruise has discussed his skepticism of psychiatry to explain his belief in the teachings of the Church of Scientology, founded by science-fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard.

In one such interview on NBC's "Today" show, he was asked about his recent criticism of Shields, a film and television star now appearing as Roxie Hart in the London staging of the musical "Chicago".

"Before I was a Scientologist, I never agreed with psychiatry," Cruise said. "And when I started studying the history of psychiatry, I understood more and more why I didn't believe in psychology. ... And I know that psychiatry is a pseudo science."

Disputing the effectiveness of antidepressants generally, Cruise said, "all it does is mask the problem." He added, "There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance."

Shields said her doctor prescribed Paxil for postpartum depression after she experienced extreme despair and had suicidal thoughts following the birth of her daughter, Rowan Francis, in the spring of 2003.

"I wasn't thrilled to be taking drugs. In fact, I prematurely stopped taking them and had a relapse that almost led me to drive my car into a wall with Rowan in the backseat. But the drugs, along with weekly therapy sessions, are what saved me -- and my family," she said.

Shields is author of "Down Came the Rain: My Journey Through Postpartum Depression."

Find this article at:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movi...eut/index.html

Old 07-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
yep - in fact, I was a little worried about him for awhile there. I also think his mugging to the audience in interviews and his, to me, smug supercillious attitude that that "he knows it all" is a put off. Then again, I think I have that attitude as well - but at least I am on my meds
And you didn't go on national television and tell people that went to medical school that their chosen field wasn't science at all but a bunch of bunk.
Xenu better help him should he or his children ever require some form of psychiatric care.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, we always hate in others what we don't like in ourselves. I can tell this is especially true because Diss called Tom "Arrogant".
You guys are "way out of proportion"!
Okay Dr. Freud.