User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-01-2021, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
By the way, nothing personal, but I’m so glad you didn’t manage Fleetwood Mac all these years, with your revolving-door aesthetic and swap-out approach (as if the group’s exquisite chemistry were nothing but a potluck meal).
Steve Hopkins' Fleetwood Mac featuring Dave Walker, Bob Brunning, Dave Mason, and Mick's drum tech on drums. Busking on a corner near you!
Old 02-01-2021, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

If it did, I also don't see Lindsey coming back full-time but more of a special appearance for some songs.

A la Bernie on History of the Eagles and Taylor from 50 + Counting to 14 On Fire... Maybe Homie and jmn3 know where I'm coming from here

I could never see Lindsey just showing up for part of a show similar to what Eagles did with Bernie on that tour. Or the kind haphazard approach the Stones took with Mick Taylor. I can’t see Buckingham’s ego allowing him to just be a special guest and not the lead guitarist. Maybe on a one off but even then I don’t see it. And don’t come at me with the two final 1990 shows and him playing Landslide and GYOW. That was over 30 years and one firing ago.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^So pull a Wyman and say "Only two songs you want me for Mick? Stick it up your a**!"
Old 02-01-2021, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
He ain't much to look at, is he?

$tevie's panties would probably smell like more than $tevie. I'd hate to think what Mick's breath smells like. It's probably a smell combination.

I'll bet he's freaky deaky in that department. I've always gotten that vibe from him.
well, British boarding schools and all that.....

He does like his drag, ole Mickster.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well, British boarding schools and all that.....

He does like his drag, ole Mickster.
Yeah I could see him taking the transvestite prostitute route on his next bankruptcy if there is no other way to make $.Again could not see too many takers for the statuesque "beauty". though.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A nifty little song. But could you build a set around it?
No. Just a song in the set, probably after the acoustic set, like “Over My Head” in 2014, with Mick on cocktail drums.

Quote:
By the way, nothing personal, but I’m so glad you didn’t manage Fleetwood Mac all these years,
Me too. Life’s too short to deal with that lot’s horsesh*t.

Quote:
with your revolving-door aesthetic and swap-out approach (as if the group’s exquisite chemistry were nothing but a potluck meal).
That’s how Mick and John view the band.

TITN was the first Fleetwood Mac album I bought and that was in early August, 1987. Think of the first decade in my fandom: Lindsey quits, Billy & Rick join, Christine and Stevie retire from touring with the band, Rick and Stevie quit, Billy quits, Bekka and Mason join, Billy rejoins, Mick disbands Fleetwood Mac to go work with Lindsey, and the Rumours lineup reunites. So, I’ve never been married to the idea that the Rumours lineup was the only lineup, and the players were largely interchangeable on some level.

The chemistry that made them great is what drove them apart.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-01-2021, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
This is all somewhat predictable and has been since the news broke that Lindsey would not be with Fleetwood Mac "anymore." Now in recent months we have had Lindsey talk about closure and a willingness to play with them again. Mick and Lindsey talking. Lindsey saying he talked about collaborating with Mick. Mick saying he gives ultimate deference to Lindsey. The 5 will play again and the only thing I can be relatively sure of its not going to include the two people they used to replace Lindsey on the last tour. That statement is just Mick being the politician he is.

A Farewell tour. Limited to probably 30 stadium dates in largest of markets in the US, Canada and Europe. 2022.
Except, have we seen a willingness from Stevie? All I’ve seen is Mick and Lindsey mending fences. It’s also easy to assume Christine and Lindsey are on good terms. However, if Stevie isn’t on board, it’s simply not going to happen, and I haven’t seen anything to suggest she’d consider working with Lindsey again.

It’s Fleetwood Mac, so anything is possible, but I think it’s more likely there will be another LBCM album and tour and a tour with the current lineup than another reunion.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-01-2021, 10:08 PM

Here's my two cents. This is just off of feeling, gut, and history.

1. There's no way he would join with MC and Neil Finn. That would take an even bigger dump of sh*t on FM's legacy. Stevie has sh*t on this band enough; and Lindsey and most of us know she has. Plus, that line up makes zero artistic sense. It doesn't even make sense without Lindsey but that's a whole 'nother story.

God Mick, if you even had an ounce of deference, or respect for the legend and artistic force that Lindsey has been for this band and rock and roll, you would never suggest such a thing. It's insulting. Is nothing sacred for you? You talk of the tradition of Peter Green who was in the band for a scant of a second, like he's the second coming of Christ. And yet you have shat and still sh*t on the man like he wasn't responsible for anything other than to become an ingredient for you to prosper on. It's so shameful.

2. The only way Lindsey would ever join Fleetwood Mac again would be with the Rumours 5. Very much a gigantic long shot, but financial gain and soul healing would be the draw for all of them to do it. It would heal his broken heart if they found a way not to gloss over the toxic past, but really come to a means of forgiveness and admission of ongoing conflicts.

And dare I say, make a f*cking album. It's been since 1987 since you people have paid any homage to why you exist. Creating music!! Take your band back from mgmt and get on with the show.

Stevie... "... not gonna happen.."
Old 02-01-2021, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
2. The only way Lindsey would ever join Fleetwood Mac again would be with the Rumours 5. Very much a gigantic long shot, but financial gain and soul healing would be the draw for all of them to do it. It would heal his broken heart if they found a way not to gloss over the toxic past, but really come to a means of forgiveness and admission of ongoing conflicts.
If they hold hands, I swear to god I'm throwing up on somebody!!!
Old 02-01-2021, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
If they hold hands, I swear to god I'm throwing up on somebody!!!
He's holding her smelly gloves.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here's my two cents. This is just off of feeling, gut, and history.

1. There's no way he would join with MC and Neil Finn. That would take an even bigger dump of sh*t on FM's legacy. Stevie has sh*t on this band enough; and Lindsey and most of us know she has. Plus, that line up makes zero artistic sense. It doesn't even make sense without Lindsey but that's a whole 'nother story.

God Mick, if you even had an ounce of deference, or respect for the legend and artistic force that Lindsey has been for this band and rock and roll, you would never suggest such a thing. It's insulting. Is nothing sacred for you? You talk of the tradition of Peter Green who was in the band for a scant of a second, like he's the second coming of Christ. And yet you have shat and still sh*t on the man like he wasn't responsible for anything other than to become an ingredient for you to prosper on. It's so shameful.

And dare I say, make a f*cking album. It's been since 1987 since you people have paid any homage to why you exist. Creating music!! Take your band back from mgmt and get on with the show.

Stevie... "... not gonna happen.."
Let me preface my comments by saying I need to hear what, if anything of substance, Christine says in her upcoming BBC interview.

After Lindsey is done working his upcoming solo album and the Crowded House tour ends, I see the possibility of a Fleetwood Mac offshoot with Lindsey, Mick, Christine, and Neil, maybe a cameo from Mike, maybe one from Rick. Maybe have Mitchell Froom on keyboards and co-producer. I don’t know if John would be interested in recording if it wasn’t Fleetwood Mac, but I think those four at a minimum could make an amazing album together. I’d much rather have THAT over an arena tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-01-2021, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Let me preface my comments by saying I need to hear what, if anything of substance, Christine says in her upcoming BBC interview.

After Lindsey is done working his upcoming solo album and the Crowded House tour ends, I see the possibility of a Fleetwood Mac offshoot with Lindsey, Mick, Christine, and Neil, maybe a cameo from Mike, maybe one from Rick. Maybe have Mitchell Froom on keyboards and co-producer. I don’t know if John would be interested in recording if it wasn’t Fleetwood Mac, but I think those four at a minimum could make an amazing album together. I’d much rather have THAT over an arena tour.
She is really good at giving away information, you have to read between the lines with her. She's clever.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:54 PM

For example in her pre-rejoin interview. She said she had 8 new songs that she had sent to someone. And they had really liked them.

I knew exactly who she meant.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
For example in her pre-rejoin interview. She said she had 8 new songs that she had sent to someone. And they had really liked them.

And I want to hear ALL eight of those songs, not just the three they used (not including her cowrites).
Old 02-01-2021, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It’s ironic she had a song called “Keeping Secrets” because she’s really bad at that.

THE Stephen Hopkins