User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I would love if they recorded an album together!!! They are touring now and can record after the tour. Christine can get her chops in order.
I think this would be great timing. Lindsey was hoping they'd record an album after the last tour and that obviously didn't happen. We predicted that it wouldn't. This time it could happen if Christine was going to do it with them. That would give Stevie incentive to do an album, even if the tour strains relationships, going into the studio again wouldn't be a bad thing, if Chris was going to be there.

Stevie has been talking about considering putting out a whole album if these trial songs we're getting go over well anyway, so if Christine could commit to recording with them after the tour, then that might be a pot at the end of the rainbow to keep them in the FM mindset following the tour, when they would normally be very burned out on each other.

Also, they could tour again in 2014 with the new music. It would not be a full tour, it would just be a short tour, to hit the cities that they're missing now. It's exciting to think about. Michele
Old 02-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for sharing the pics and video!

Fleetwood Mac needs Christine McVie. I know she doesn't need them per se, but I want to "believe in the five." It's just baby steps, now. She's across the pond. Maybe she's itchy and restless to be doing "something." Maybe she's tired of them messing up on her songs. Whatever it takes: Give her the 5 million, rent her a luxury BUS and let her tour at her leisure across the USA and hit a few shows.

Let her be on an album without touring if that's what she wants. (but if she gets on a album, maybe she can be pursuaded another step or two--a DVD, etc. Chris looks totally in control and at ease on the video)

Christine's voice has been greatly missed.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood and company jam at the MACC
[There's a picture of Christine on keys]
http://www.mauinews.com/page/content...id/569861.html

February 15, 2013, The Maui News

Fleetwood Mac founding member and drummer Fleetwood opened the show with a question-and-answer session while seated on a couch onstage with Vito.

After the intriguing look into the history and behind-the-scenes world of the two blues rockers, they returned to jam with other members of the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, Lenny Castellanos and Mark Johnstone. Former Fleetwood Mac member McVie was brought onstage as a surprise guest, and Aerosmith frontman Tyler soon followed. MACC President and Chief Executive Officer Art Vento said that the show was another one of those magical Maui moments. "We can't thank Mick enough for truly recognizing that the arts, now more than ever, need to be supported," Vento said.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm still in awe. So amazing to see her behind the keyboard again.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When? SYW?
No. I was thinking of another album where Fleetwood Mac toured for year or two without Christine and then released an album with Christine.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think this would be great timing.
eat your words

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know what,you bring up a good point. FMac doesn't need to take a full year to record an album. Carry on...

Im used to them taking a year to put something together.
thank you!

it is 2013, even for FM.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-15-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
I think this would be great timing. Lindsey was hoping they'd record an album after the last tour and that obviously didn't happen. We predicted that it wouldn't. This time it could happen if Christine was going to do it with them. That would give Stevie incentive to do an album, even if the tour strains relationships, going into the studio again wouldn't be a bad thing, if Chris was going to be there.

Stevie has been talking about considering putting out a whole album if these trial songs we're getting go over well anyway, so if Christine could commit to recording with them after the tour, then that might be a pot at the end of the rainbow to keep them in the FM mindset following the tour, when they would normally be very burned out on each other.

Also, they could tour again in 2014 with the new music. It would not be a full tour, it would just be a short tour, to hit the cities that they're missing now. It's exciting to think about. Michele
The way they have always timed things Michele it seems like a solid FM plan. lol
Old 02-16-2013, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When I met Mick Fleeetwood in 2009 he said that Chris was interested in doing an album but not the tour. I think for Mick the issue was that if she was featured on the album but not the tour it might confuse people and maybe have hurt sales. I mean the Time Tour was different in my opinion as neither Stevie nor Lindsey were there so her not being a part of that tour was not as big a deal as the SYW tour would have been without her (if she had recorded the album).

Last edited by Nicks Fan; 02-16-2013 at 12:49 AM..
Old 02-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't care bout a tour. I juat want some new music with her playing on it. Mick, ya'll are rich enough that even if the album only sold a 1000 copies, uou'd still be rich, so don't use money as an excuse! Am I right?
Old 02-16-2013, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
I really don't care bout a tour. I juat want some new music with her playing on it. Mick, ya'll are rich enough that even if the album only sold a 1000 copies, uou'd still be rich, so don't use money as an excuse! Am I right?
Mick sees this. He knows if he gets Christine to record it will get Stevie to record. He knows. He is doing our bidding.

Michele
Old 02-16-2013, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Mick sees this. He knows if he gets Christine to record it will get Stevie to record. He knows. He is doing our bidding.

Michele
Absolutely! We know this guy and that's exactly what he wants. We also know how much Stevie misses Christine personally and professionally. Stevie talks about her all the time.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
So did she play again last night?!

On the name point, I've always understood that Mick and John own the right to the name 'Fleetwood Mac' and so in theory could use it when they wished. Different, say, to the old arguments Pink Floyd had, where they had to seek legal advice before the position was clear.
That was my understanding as well. Don't recall at all where I heard that but I"m pretty sure that's the case.

Which would mean definitively that John and Mick are indeed, Fleetwood Mac. And besides, Peter Green named a song after them before the band was even really formed with that name anyway.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
SteveMacD throws out the challenge flag.

After further review, the video clearly shows that it is indeed enough to be considered Fleetwood Mac.

(See what I did there?)
Awesome!! And I agree with you 110%!! Mick Fleetwood + John McVie = Fleetwood Mac. End of discussion!!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Stevie's already recorded without Christine. I think her real issue is how to throw songs up against a wall or into the universe.