Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Junior Ledgie

Photobucket
Old 11-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
I think The Mac should have retired SS after The Dance. Those performances are unbeatable, in terms of both vocal ability and sheer passion. The fact that this song is not performed every night is proof that the old girl can no longer do it justice, or do it at all for that matter.
Awww, I find that a little mean towards the old girl. they usually don't play it when the show started late, which has probably not much to do with Stevies vocal abilities.

And I really wouldn't want to see the Dance version of SS in concert, that was to private and raw for my taste.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Ledgie

I want to try and get to the front on Friday, I could only get about within 12 rows or so the other night.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I am, I couldn't resist! The thought of them playing in London and me not being there made me too sad, so I had to go to all three even though my seats for the third show aren't as good.
I know what you mean. I originaly said i would only go to Birmingham but continued to look for tickets for the London shows. It would have been 4 for me if I could have made Saturday too
Old 11-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedexme View Post
Photobucket
This one is lovely
Old 11-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I want to try and get to the front on Friday, I could only get about within 12 rows or so the other night.
Where is your seat?
Old 11-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac, Wembley Arena, London
By Ludovic Hunter-Tilney

Published: November 2 2009 23:17 | Last updated: November 2 2009 23:17

Expectations for a sedate night of heritage rock from a group of sexagenarians notorious for living well but unwisely were shattered as soon as Fleetwood Mac struck up “Monday Morning”. The 1975 track sounded vibrant and crisp, with Mick Fleetwood hammering his kit and Lindsey Buckingham giving some Springsteen-style welly to the vocal. The band were in implausibly good form.

The “Unleashed” world tour is their first get-together in five years. The songs mainly dated from the band’s 1970s heyday, when the Brit blues outfit founded by Fleetwood and John McVie in 1960s London morphed into Anglo-Californian soft-rockers with the addition of Buckingham and Stevie Nicks.

It wasn’t quite the return of the full Rumours-era line-up: McVie’s keyboardist ex-wife Christine was missing, having quit touring in the 1990s. The surviving foursome showed no scars of their turbulent past, an epic tale of excess encompassing drugs, drink, chaotic romantic affairs and Spinal Tap-style follies.

The grey-bearded, pony-tailed Fleetwood, clad eccentrically in black knee-breeches and red court shoes, with a trademark pair of wooden balls dangling from his belt in the style of a mysterious fertility symbol, played with an antic gleam in his eyes: Prospero with a pair of drum sticks. His flat-cap-wearing sidekick McVie was rock-solid on bass, giving tracks such as “The Chain” bite beneath the irresistible West Coast harmonies.

Nicks, “our lady of Fleetwood Mac”, as Fleetwood introduced her, suffered from a low mix on “Dreams” but this was soon rectified. Her look combined rock-chick leather boots and floaty outfits that flowed poetically around her, stirred by a wind machine and her slow, swirling dance moves. Yet there was nothing mystical about her vocals, which had the powerful nasal twang of a country-rock grande dame.

Buckingham led from the front, barking out vocals and playing scorching guitar solos, such as the virtuoso axe heroics at the climax of “I’m So Afraid”. His whoops and “Yee-aahs!” were pure arena-rock ham. No wonder there was no stage scenery – Buckingham would have chewed it up. Yet his performance was tight as a spring. There was nothing bloated about this group of rock survivors.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/f38a58f8-c...44feab49a.html
Old 11-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Look who wrote the review

SET LIST: FLEETWOOD MAC, WEMBLEY ARENA, LONDON

2nd November 2009 By Gary Nicks
FLEETWOOD Mac could have retired gracefully years ago knowing their place in rock history is assured.

But they keep coming back for more - and can still conjure up the same magic that made them megastars in their 1970s heydey.

From the moment Stevie Nicks emerged like a gothic fairy, you knew it was going to be business as usual.

The band may have a combined age of 251 years, but they deliver their timeless hits like the grand masters of soft rock they truly are.

With no new material to promote, their Unleashed world tour is all about serving up bucketloads of classic tracks for fans.

And they really are plundering their back catalogue going way back to when they formed as a blues-rock outfit in 1967.

From Peter Green's charging Oh Well through to the synth pop 80s of Tango in the Night, it’s all there in a packed two and a half hour set.

The hair may be greying and the vocals sometimes strained, but that didn't seem to matter.

Crowd favourites were always going to be tunes from their self-titled 1975 album and their career-defining 1977 album Rumours.

Don't Stop and Go Your Own Way had the seated arena on its feet and air guitaring, while the slower Landslide and Sara rekindled the band's trademark dreamy atmospherics.

The biggest cheers went to foot-stomping anthem The Chain.

Frontman Lindsay Buckingham strutted around the stage like his ego was still about to burst.

The guy is a clearly a six-string genius, but it was like he was trying to be cooler than your dad on a wedding dancefloor.

Bassist John McVie and Mick Fleetwood, the founding members, were steady as ever (and bizarrely looking like Chas & Dave with flatcaps and waistcoats.)

But what a shame the line-up lacked Christine McVie, who quit years ago, meaning no more of those lovely harmonies with Stevie.

Mick was barmy, grunting like a mad man in his solos and emerging from behind the drums with spiny red shoes brighter than Dorothy's.

They all - apart from John - gave mini-speeches about surviving in one of the world's biggest bands.

Lindsey thanked fans and reminded us: "You know, we have a convoluted and emotional history."

It's ok, we know Lindsey, and that's what makes Fleetwood Mac still being together that much more alluring.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/...-Arena-London/
Old 11-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default this review is effing hilarious

John Walsh: 'Fleetwood Mac survived 42 years of madness, sex, drugs, failure and success'

Tuesday, 3 November 2009

I went to see Fleetwood Mac at Wembley Arena and, musically speaking, it was wonderful. The strains of "If You Go Your Own Way" (which Lindsay Buckingham wrote about Stevie Nicks after their stormy relationship came to an end), the passion that Stevie Nicks put into "Sara" (the song she wrote about her best friend, for whom Mick Fleetwood left his wife after he'd ended his affair with Stevie), the tenderness of "You Make Loving Fun" (which the keyboards player Christine McVie wrote in a tribute to the lighting-rigger for whom she conceived a passion when her husband, the bassist John McVie, hit the bottle), and the final singalong of "Don't Stop" (which Christine wrote after her eight-year marriage packed up,) were inspiring indeed, although my favourite moment was Buckingham's gorgeous solo rendition of "Never Goin' Back Again" (about Stevie's breakdown, after her well-documented cocaine addiction...)

You can try and keep the music separate from Fleetwood Mac's emotional serpentinings, but it wouldn't be so much fun. No beat combo in rock history has had such combustible permutations of personnel, or such terrible luck. They've survived 42 years of madness, drugs, marital bust-ups, sexual rivalry, drink, failure, bankruptcy, wild success, rehab clinics, and a whole gamut of peculiar hairstyle choices. Their heyday was of course 1975, when Fleetwood and the warring McVies signed up Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks and they made Rumours out of their tormented relationships. Many thought it commercial schlock at the time, but the tunes got inside your head and stuck like fishhooks.

So I went to see them at Wembley – and what a weird sight they make these days. Mick Fleetwood, now 62, shiny-pated and white-bearded, whacked the drums like a deranged pirate king, widening his scary eyes until the whites glowed. During an extended solo, he appeared to hold a conversation with the tom-toms. McVie, the inscrutable former tax inspector, wore a white Kangol beret and a black waistcoat. We looked at him and Fleetwood, their grizzled chins and stolid Britishness. "My God," breathed the person beside me, "it's Chas 'n' Dave."

Buckingham, in skinny leather jacket and collarless T-shirt, talked about the band's emotional rollercoaster, struck attitudes and scrubbed his guitar during long solos. It was very much the Lindsey Show. Ms Nicks sang gorgeously in her low contralto and did her twirling-with-a-shawl routine, but sounded emotionally conflicted, like a pissed-off Pollyanna.

They look absurdly different – how did they ever work together? Mick and John, like retired yeoman farmers, relaxing after a hard day's pig-scratching. Lindsey and Stevie, seeming half a generation younger, so Californian, neurotic, theatrical. Buckingham, though an astounding guitarist, seemed prattish and full of himself beside the cool beardies. At the end, he teased the crowd with hints of another album. Mick Fleetwood wasn't bothered about such things. "Look after each other in this crazy world," he told the crowd, with evident emotion, and was rewarded with a mighty cheer – not for being a rock star, for being such an indestructible old (English) buzzard.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...s-1813588.html
Old 11-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post

And I really wouldn't want to see the Dance version of SS in concert, that was to private and raw for my taste.
Well, I'm not sure what you mean here but the point I was making was that the performances of Silver Springs during The Dance tour were better than anything we've seen since. Raw? Hell yeah!!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 11-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Wow

10-30-09 is by far the best show of the tour captured on tape. And that guy who filmed from lindseys side has one of the best ameture recordings ive seen. I just really wish they would've filmed Storms, Stand Back Go Insane all of Oh Well Silver Springs etc.

It's amazing how much better some of these songs are getting espeically in this first wembly show. Stevie's finally added little nuances to Lindsey's songs in return to Lindsey adding to hers. Her background vocals on GYOW are awseome. And we only have the end part of world turning but she was singing that like I haven't heard her sing since 1980.

And last but DEFINITLY not least, ****ing Gold Dust Woman!!! That song is firing on EVERY cylander. That is Stevie's best scream this decade. And i thought the video was just repeating on me on her DRAAAGON but then i replayed and she really did hold for that long. And even if stevie wasnt singing it so good, Lindsey Mick John and the band are conducting a freaking symphony on Gold Dust Woman. Im hearing more layers on the unleashed tour then when Stevie had the whole melbourne orchestra backing her.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 11-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
And last but DEFINITLY not least, ****ing Gold Dust Woman!!! That song is firing on EVERY cylander. That is Stevie's best scream this decade. And i thought the video was just repeating on me on her DRAAAGON but then i replayed and she really did hold for that long. And even if stevie wasnt singing it so good, Lindsey Mick John and the band are conducting a freaking symphony on Gold Dust Woman. Im hearing more layers on the unleashed tour then when Stevie had the whole melbourne orchestra backing her.

Oh, you make me giddy. Waddy and Company are great on this song too. I'm glad FM isn't dropping the ball. It was not my favorite song in the seventies, but it's held up over time very well, better than the ones that were favorite. GDW is always fresh.

Michele
Old 11-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
And last but DEFINITLY not least, ****ing Gold Dust Woman!!! That song is firing on EVERY cylander.
Could not agree MORE! Dare I say the best song in the show in terms of the whole mood it creates, how they've managed to change it up, the way Lindsey plays during the intro of it and of course Stevie's delivery.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Could not agree MORE! Dare I say the best song in the show in terms of the whole mood it creates, how they've managed to change it up, the way Lindsey plays during the intro of it and of course Stevie's delivery.
Seconded, Third, and Fourthed!!

GDW is the new Rhiannon!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post

Nice shot but, I wouldn't want to be the one hugging his sweaty self.