User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
yes. just as all those others have been asses. His former restraint, and obvious good intentions, and obvious nice guy-edness, make me not care. I was never looking for life advice from Tom Cruise anyway.

Oh I think he is still a nice guy, esp. so with his fans. He spends hours with them signing autographs, etc. He is great in that regard and I am not talking about that. I am talking about this current manic behavior that is a little scary.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
You've got to be kidding me. The most? Ha!
Name one that is more well behaved, besides Tom Hanks. The guy saved someone's life, you know. And he's just generally very respectful and observes proper decorum. Also he is nice. Also he never exibits a huge ego. Also...a bunch of stuff that makes him nice.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 06-29-2005, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Oh I think he is still a nice guy, esp. so with his fans. He spends hours with them signing autographs, etc. He is great in that regard and I am not talking about that. I am talking about this current manic behavior that is a little scary.
So, big whoop! Some people are like that all the time. So he's finally busting out a little. It's not like he punches people, throws phones at them, or carries a vial of his lover's blood.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 06-29-2005, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Name one that is more well behaved, besides Tom Hanks. The guy saved someone's life, you know. And he's just generally very respectful and observes proper decorum. Also he is nice. Also he never exibits a huge ego. Also...a bunch of stuff that makes him nice.
I could name many others who have not acted like divas and appear just as down-to-Earth (until recently, of course) as Tom Cruise., but it would be moot. We don't know any of these people, so making any comments about them being "the most well-behaved" is ludicrous.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As soon as he fired Pat Kingsley, Nicole snapped her up. I will always get a huge kick out of that.

Sure, he was quite well-behaved in the past (save his diva antics at a Blockbuster in the UK while shooting Eyes Wide Shut), but there are a slew of other movie stars who have been just as well-behaved. Calling him the MOST well-behaved is stretching it, imo.
I don't think it is. Especially over his mammoth career. There are probably others who are just as nice. But no one more nice, who has had such a big career.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, big whoop! Some people are like that all the time. So he's finally busting out a little. It's not like he punches people, throws phones at them, or carries a vial of his lover's blood.
I do not think I was ever comparing him to them. I am just saying his whole "I LOVE THIS WOMAN AND WILL ACT LIKE A HORNY 18 YEAR OLD" thing makes him look silly. So sue me.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I could name many others who have not acted like divas and appear just as down-to-Earth (until recently, of course) as Tom Cruise., but it would be moot. We don't know any of these people, so making any comments about them being "the most well-behaved" is ludicrous.
well, then, if saying someone is "most well behaved" when we don't know them is ludicrous, then so is slamming Tom Cruise when we don't know him just as ludicrous.
But, I disagree, I think you can tell when people are nice, and I think Tom Cruise is nice, and yes, I'm sure there are other celebs who are nice, too.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, he just chastizes Brooke Shields out of the blue for no reason about her use of anti-depression medication (which, no matter how you slice it, was in incredibly poor taste), tells America that they should take vitamins and exercise instead of seeking professional mental health treatment, professes to be an expert on psychiatry, believes that we're all the incarnates of aliens who were slaughtered million so fyears ago, and acts like a schizo who stopped taking his meds.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do not think I was ever comparing him to them. I am just saying his whole "I LOVE THIS WOMAN AND WILL ACT LIKE A HORNY 18 YEAR OLD" thing makes him look silly. So sue me.
Yeah, it is silly, but it's not the end of the fricking world. Nor is it strange celeb behavior, over all.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There are probably others who are just as nice. But no one more nice, who has had such a big career.
And you know this how?

Old 06-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, it is silly, but it's not the end of the fricking world. Nor is it strange celeb behavior, over all.
that may well be, but it still makes him look like an ass.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . and acts like a schizo who stopped taking his meds.
yep - in fact, I was a little worried about him for awhile there. I also think his mugging to the audience in interviews and his, to me, smug supercillious attitude that that "he knows it all" is a put off. Then again, I think I have that attitude as well - but at least I am on my meds

Old 06-29-2005, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yep - in fact, I was a little worried about him for awhile there. I also think his mugging to the audience in interviews and his, to me, smug supercillious attitude that that "he knows it all" is a put off. Then again, I think I have that attitude as well - but at least I am on my meds
Yeah, we always hate in others what we don't like in ourselves. I can tell this is especially true because Diss called Tom "Arrogant".
You guys are "way out of proportion"!

Old 06-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that may well be, but it still makes him look like an ass.
yep. This one time. I don't care, he is way less an ass than many other celebs, who always act like asses. And he is still a nice, good, person.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, we always hate in others what we don't like in ourselves. I can tell this is especially true because Diss called Tom "Arrogant".
You guys are "way out of proportion"!

It is not arrogant to tell Mat L. that he knows more about psychiatry when every psychiatrist has come out against what Cruise said, much less telling Brooke Shields how to live her life on some onterview - I mean come on