User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I don't think any of them were full of themselves, I think they did what they needed to do artistically.
Oh come on dissention, you're right about the artistic side of it, but they were ALL full of themselves after producing the best selling album of all time. And we would too, if that happened to us.

Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
I realise that, but Christopher's comments make me think he doesn't quite get it IMO. Also, there are definitely some fans who only go for the commercial material and are hostile to Tusk because it sounds slightly different (which is a good thing in my book).

Touche' Touche'

save the cheerleader - save the world
Addicted Ledgie

Shackin Up, I don't know what you're so mad about, your 2 favorite songs were in the final freaking 2. It just so happens your #2 narrowly beat your #1. If I were you I'd be quite pleased witrh this Survivor.

And for those including myself were wondering what the definition of a "Chiffon Head" is. I think the answer to the question is TeeDee and Christopher

He Will Burn You Down
Old 09-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
Oh come on dissention, you're right about the artistic side of it, but they were ALL full of themselves after producing the best selling album of all time. And we would too, if that happened to us.
I mena musically. Of course they were egomaniacs and that had a large part in Tusk being a double album, but when it comes to the songs themselves, i think they just did what they needed to do artistically.

Old 09-19-2004, 01:07 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You find a song that lasts a minute and a half annoying?
I think you're missing out on half the pop songs ever released then.

And all those people complaining that Lindsey's songs aren't complicated enough, obviously haven't heard the expression "less is more". It makes me sad that still so-called fans don't get Tusk. Back in 1979 one of the great rock journalists, Greil Marcus, expressed his disappointment at the reaction Tusk got saying it was sad proof of the "growing conservatism of the rock n roll mainstream". Unfortunately, 25 years on that still appears to be the case.

That said I certainly don't agree with Dissention's assessment that Stevie didn't take risks on Tusk. I think she did and that's why it contains her best ever material. IMO of course...
Hail Sharon.

Old 09-19-2004, 01:10 PM
trackaghost
Old 09-19-2004, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Tusk is the Mac's big self indulgent album.
and gloriously so IMO!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well I was responding to Christopher who was giving reasons to why he didn't like Tusk (which is why I personally think he didn't understand what Lindsey was doing on that album), so I'm not sure why you are replying.

nothing personal, its just that i have heard that term many times before being used "they dont get it". and thats what i was referring to.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Shackin Up, I don't know what you're so mad about, your 2 favorite songs were in the final freaking 2. It just so happens your #2 narrowly beat your #1. If I were you I'd be quite pleased witrh this Survivor.

And for those including myself were wondering what the definition of a "Chiffon Head" is. I think the answer to the question is TeeDee and Christopher
AND - please do not forget Dissention - he is a self admitted chiffon head!!!

Old 09-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
But one who calls crap when he hears it.

Old 09-19-2004, 01:15 PM
trackaghost
Old 09-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No. But I didn't state that me and 24 others were voting for the best song. You did that about your 26 friends.

I constantly said that this game was NOT about voting for the best song.

Hey, I irritate you don't I? You give that impression in your posts and PM's that I normally answer but absolutely don't get.

Well, I'm sorry if I do get you on your nerves.

Irritate me, hun not in the least, this is a chat board, nothing on here is taken seriously by me. whats this about PM's? you want to get them or your saying you never get them?

oh what were we voting for if not the best song? just curious.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
You are totally right, Hawkeye. I think the two best songs survived and fought a battle that was honest. The frustration and anger, of course partially exaggerated for fun, -we're here for fun right?- is best articulated in Trackaghost's post about people not "getting" Tusk and the fact that a lot of voting was against the challenging, more vulnerable songs ( I mean "musically" on the dangerous edge-vulnerable) early in the game that just put me on the mission for Lindsey. And on the mission for the one that owns the spirit of TUSK, that would not have been the masterpiece it is if it had been cut back to 11 or twelve songs.

I'm not against the other two. Aux contraire, I still think Tusk is the best album ever recorded by anyone. And that does NOT mean that I only like 9 songs out of 20. They are dear to me. All 20.

Old 09-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind

wow i never thought of my self as a chiffon head but thank you so kindly for the compliment!

I can appreciate both artists and the entire band for their contributions. But if because i voted for storms, makes me a chiffon head, well If thats the way you have to sum it up, then so be it. what this comes down to ,as stated by many is a L vs S. and if you dont like the results then dont play. lol its suppose to be fun...
Old 09-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedee
Irritate me, hun not in the least, this is a chat board, nothing on here is taken seriously by me. whats this about PM's? you want to get them or your saying you never get them?

As you responded to my initial post I`ll explain it to you. This thread/game is about making allies. At least that was the way it was played here. Songs that are quite succesful get voted out because they could probably win.
Try another thread (I beg you- don't) that is called "The best song on Tusk"-poll and songs that had to leave here early make it to the top 5.

Last edited by stefan; 09-19-2004 at 01:32 PM..
Old 09-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
-we're here for fun right?
Uhmmm- no
Old 09-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No I don't "get" them. Non comprende. Nicht verstehen. QwaaHH??? I do not understand them correctly if you know what I mean. Now I understand if you don't understand me, because I write crappy english. But I can read and understand english quite well.

Quote:
I'm not going to explain again. I already am a sore loser full of explanations.
And now I am not going to respond to your posts or PM's anymore. I found the ignorefunction. It's nothing personal. Thank Dissention.

Old 09-19-2004, 01:36 PM
trackaghost