Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
I know that the earth is not my real home, I'm just passing through.
So just trash the place and leave the mess for those that come after you. Now that is a true Neocon.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
ahhh the party that will never win an election...The Green party
They've won plenty.
http://www.feinstein.org/greenparty/electeds.html

Green Party members holding elected office in the United States:

At least 220 Greens in 27 states and the District of Columbia hold elected office as of January 2005.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
integrity,

still, will never win!
http://www.feinstein.org/greenparty/electeds.html

Green Party members holding elected office in the United States:

At least 220 Greens in 27 states and the District of Columbia hold elected office as of January 2005.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
They're gasping their last breath, and they're panicking.

The writing's on the wall.
Especially now with Dean being the chairman of the DNC and Condi Rice probably having perjured herself before the 9/11 commission and Valerie Plame's name being connected to a reporter with a White House press corps pass who didn't use his real name and was working for a GOP owned news outlet called Talon News Service out of TEXAS.
My yes, things are looking up.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
Well you can definetely kill a deer, eat the meat, and then mount it...I see nothing wrong with that personally--plus I love deer meat. Although I do not hunt much, I enjoy it from time to time

Chris
My brother does this. he also eschews gun hunting in favor of bow hunting which he believes gives the animal more of a fighting chance. If he comes home with nothing thats ok too. He's got a freezer full of deer meat that lasts him and my mom quite some time. He is NOT a "sport" hunter. and he wastes nothing. He respects nature and doesnt trash it when he is out there. I have way more respect for hunters of this type than the weekend warriors who get all pumped up about bagging a trophy...
Old 02-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default That was Diss, Amber...

If I didnt misunderstand him, I think his point was that ALL hunting was bad, whether for food or for trophy. Because our groceries are jam packed with things to eat, we dont need to HUNT to survive.

For those who deplore the treatment of animals in slaughterhouses, one alternative might be converting to vegetarianism (or its many variants)

I also know a family in my old neighborhood that raises its own stock (cattle and sheep) and grows its own vegetables. They have fruit trees and chickens as well. They are good down to earth people who came here from Russia and brought a saner way of life with them. They can their produce for winter and bake their own bread daily! I love going to their home because of the wonderful smells....when the animals are butchered, they also save the skins (their garage has many sheepskins, maybe future rugs?) The point is, the food chain is natural and organisms futher up the chain eat those from lower down whether it be plant or animal material. Thats just nature's way.
Even so, I'd prefer my meat to come from animals that were bred and raised for that purpose, rather than from the wild. same thing with xmas trees, tho I bought a fake tree and refuse to buy a cut one.

Last edited by irishgrl; 02-12-2005 at 09:47 PM..
Old 02-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
Although I do not hunt much, I enjoy it from time to time
This is not an attack at all, but can you tell me what is enjoyable about killing an animal, Chris?

Old 02-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I think someone awhile back said "what is the difference if you kill them to eat or kill them to mount them?" Which I thought was absurd, because if you kill them to eat, it's because you need food, which is totally understandable, but no one needs to kill something so that they can have wall decoration.
No one needs to kill another beautiful creature when there is plenty of food out there for them to eat already. Why kill one more animal than needs to be killed? They surely aren't going to starve. I don't know how anyone can muster up the strength within themselves to take the life of another creature and watch as life escapes them, but that's just me. More power to those who can because it's not illegal, unfortunately.

Old 02-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default badum PUM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Then why start a thread about Republican celebrities?
did you say "Thank you God" when you wrote that? Can you spell ZINGER boys and girls? Give the girlie a prize!
Old 02-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
This is not an attack at all, but can you tell me what is enjoyable about killing an animal, Chris?
My name isn't Chris today, but i would imagine whatever skill is necessary to stalk and sneak up on and track the animal, and probably the fun of "hitting the target through shooting skill". I've never been hunting, but I would enjoy all those things if you didn't kill anything at the end. It would probably even be more fun and more difficult if you used a bow. I could really only imagine myself hunting if I needed food. Deermeat is good.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
we dont need to HUNT to survive.
Exactly. We aren't cavemen. If you must eat meat, go buy an animal that's already been killed instead of killing another one.

Old 02-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
No one needs to kill another beautiful creature when there is plenty of food out there for them to eat already. Why kill one more animal than needs to be killed? They surely aren't going to starve. I don't know how anyone can muster up the strength within themselves to take the life of another creature and watch as life escapes them, but that's just me. More power to those who can because it's not illegal, unfortunately.
well, I wouldn't want to kill an animal, especially, either, and no, most people aren't going to starve. But if they are going to eat meat, I think it's fine to hunt it rather than buy it in the store.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly. We aren't cavemen. If you must eat meat, go buy an animal that's already been killed instead of killing another one.
But either way one has died. At least if you hunt it it was "free range" before that. I'd rather not support the cattle industry and the way it runs, personally.

Old 02-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default so, I take it

Quote:
I was able to state your position accurately
whew!
Old 02-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
well, I wouldn't want to kill an animal, especially, either, and no, most people aren't going to starve. But if they are going to eat meat, I think it's fine to hunt it rather than buy it in the store.
So, instead of say five animals dying, make it an even six. Kill more than need to be killed.